Re: New HH Episode forth coming!

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:36 am

C-Mag wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:16 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:30 am
C-Mag wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:53 am

Again, anytime, any of you that are criticizing my critic of HH want to lay out some specifics, please do. All I'm hearing right now is.......................... You're mean :cry:
We’re countering your main complaint - that Dan wasn’t mean enough to the Japanese.

I don’t listen to HH or any other history podcast for moral judgements. Just the facts and feeling of the times, as much as possible.

:lol: I'm such a meany.

I listed out 9 specific items. 3 Pro and 6 Con. Pick one and challenge me on the specifics .
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:30 am
I can make my own moral judgements without his assistance.
And I can make my own. I am responding to content that DC put out. You are responding to content I put out. At least I am giving clear reasons for my content.
I already responded to some of the others.

Also, letters specifically criticizing the president were probably ‘disappeared’. Feels like nitpicking really, as every president surely receives letters calling him the Greatest Evil Ever.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:44 am

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:36 am

Also, letters specifically criticizing the president were probably ‘disappeared’. Feels like nitpicking really, as every president surely receives letters calling him the Greatest Evil Ever.
OK, let's talk about FDR in this.

FDR authorized, funded and resourced the Manhattan Project. If the Nuclear Weapons are the most evil of weapons, FDR is the father of those weapons. Truman the son who used those weapons. Truman stated that he felt using the Nuclear Bombs was carrying out FDRs will.

American civilians didn't even know about nuclear weapons, neither did the vast majority of US military leaders. The Captain and crew of the Indianapolis didn't know what they were delivering to Saipan. So is all of the USA to blame for using Nuclear Weapons, or just a radical government and president(FDR) who created it. You guys have made your case that Japanese soldiers and civilians were victims of a radical government.......................... does that line of thinking extend to the US ? If so FDR is a War Criminal, and we US citizens are victims of a War Criminal. And in a podcast about the brutality of the Pacific War, we should probably talk about FDR the War Criminal.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:45 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:44 am
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:36 am

OK, let's talk about FDR in this.

FDR authorized, funded and resourced the Manhattan Project. If the Nuclear Weapons are the most evil of weapons, FDR is the father of those weapons. Truman the son who used those weapons. Truman stated that he felt using the Nuclear Bombs was carrying out FDRs will.

American civilians didn't even know about nuclear weapons, neither did the vast majority of US military leaders. The Captain and crew of the Indianapolis didn't know what they were delivering to Saipan. So is all of the USA to blame for using Nuclear Weapons, or just a radical government and president(FDR) who created it. You guys have made your case that Japanese soldiers and civilians were victims of a radical government.......................... does that line of thinking extend to the US ? If so FDR is a War Criminal, and we US citizens are victims of a War Criminal. And in a podcast about the brutality of the Pacific War, we should probably talk about FDR the War Criminal.
At what point in that 30 hours did you get the impression that ‘nuclear weapons are the most evil of weapons’? Hell he only spent maybe 30 minutes on them. If anything, he was making the argument that it was justified.

And sure, I’d support the argument that nearly everything our government does is of its own volition - Though I know that the Canadians prefer to imply my consent and approval.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:44 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:45 pm

At what point in that 30 hours did you get the impression that ‘nuclear weapons are the most evil of weapons’? Hell he only spent maybe 30 minutes on them. If anything, he was making the argument that it was justified.

And sure, I’d support the argument that nearly everything our government does is of its own volition - Though I know that the Canadians prefer to imply my consent and approval.
So, you dodge assigning any responsibility on FDR too. :clap:
Or you're just good with nuking people ?

FDR is definitely in the top 5 for worst presidents ever from a stand point of anyone who appreciates the Bill of Rights and Liberty. But if you like tyrants, well, he's a pretty good POTUS.
PLATA O PLOMO

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:47 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:44 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 2:45 pm

We were discussing the podcast. You’re flailing about with your own projections.

If you’d like to debate the culpability of FDR for nuclear weapons, that’s a different topic.

As far as I’m concerned, I’m glad that we discovered them first. They held off global communism for a generation or two.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:49 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:47 pm
C-Mag wrote:

We were discussing the podcast. You’re flailing about with your own projections.

If you’d like to debate the culpability of FDR for nuclear weapons, that’s a different topic.

As far as I’m concerned, I’m glad that we discovered them first. They held off global communism for a generation or two.
OK, lets discuss Nuclear weapons and what Dan said about them in this podcast.

I give you the floor, make your case.
PLATA O PLOMO

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:51 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:49 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:47 pm
C-Mag wrote:

OK, lets discuss Nuclear weapons and what Dan said about them in this podcast.

I give you the floor, make your case.
Already did. 2 posts ago.

Your troll game is weak, brosef.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:03 pm

SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:51 pm

Pfft................ you didn't make a case based on Dan's work, you just attacked me.

But that's OK fanboy. I'm going to keep doing the same reviews I've done for the last 7 years.
I don't get why you don't think Dan can be criticized, he's a professional and has been broadcasting for 30 years. He knows exactly what he's saying and how to craft his stories.
PLATA O PLOMO

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:50 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:03 pm
SuburbanFarmer wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 4:51 pm

Pfft................ you didn't make a case based on Dan's work, you just attacked me.

But that's OK fanboy. I'm going to keep doing the same reviews I've done for the last 7 years.
I don't get why you don't think Dan can be criticized, he's a professional and has been broadcasting for 30 years. He knows exactly what he's saying and how to craft his stories.
And it's appreciated. Just try to stick to the source material next time.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:14 pm

Completely ridiculous.
I stayed on topic, you fan boys can't handle strong criticism.
PLATA O PLOMO