New HH Episode forth coming!

Hastur

Re: New HH Episode forth coming!

Post by Hastur » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:07 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:Podcast Addict is the best that I found.

I paid for the "donate" app version so I wouldn't see any ads, though. I am not sure what it's like with ads anymore. I have used it for 3-4 years now (can't remember when I first went to it offhand).

He was accepting bitcoin as donation all that time too. Bastard.
I also use PodcastAddict. Been working great for many years and keeps getting better. Is it available for iOS as well?

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:33 pm

I use BeyondPod. It's really good.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:00 pm

GloryofGreece wrote:Maybe his next series will be on the Communist Revolution or Stalinism.
Not those subjects, and not Islam, they are all too Hardcover for Carlin.

I've goading him for years to do those subjects..... still nothing :cry:
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:24 pm

GloryofGreece wrote:That was a whole lot on public executions and the authority and "reasons" behind them. It was interesting to see the transformation of those things from the 1500s-1800s. I think burning alive has to be the worst way to go but breaking on the wheel is close to it id think.
dying of old age is no picnic either. Can you imagine seeing all of your friends die, leaving you alone to perish in your sleep from natural causes in your eighties? That is terrifying.
Shikata ga nai

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:29 pm

This was Dan's best podcast for quite some time. The nuke one was pretty solid too. If Dan keeps this up and releases a podcast more than once every election cycle, he may lift himself out of the pit of mediocrity he has slid into.
Shikata ga nai

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:42 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:Podcast Addict is the best that I found.

I paid for the "donate" app version so I wouldn't see any ads, though. I am not sure what it's like with ads anymore. I have used it for 3-4 years now (can't remember when I first went to it offhand).

He was accepting bitcoin as donation all that time too. Bastard.
Podcast addict is good. Just a little banner at the bottom for an ad that's really it.

Fife

Post by Fife » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:37 pm

Pretty good show Dan. The topic could easily run off to 10x the length of this episode, as even a quick survey. Well done, though.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:26 am

It was a pretty good show, reminded me of the Slavery Show and Suffer the Children. While I enjoyed it, especially the part on the lives of the executioners.............. which was all new info to me. I have the same issues with this show as I had with Slave and Children shows.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:43 am

Kath wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
I listen on the Casts app. It notified me a few minutes ago that the episode was out.
Can you give a quick review? I really need to get away from IPOD/ITUNES.

Do I have to have a ton of space on my phone, or can you listen to casts / playlists from the cloud?
I've never downloaded a single podcast, I always stream them

I thought it was good. Personally, I enjoy the musings of the Blitz-type episodes

It triggered a bunch of the Femmes on the DC Common Sense FB group so its a success
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:44 am

C-Mag wrote:It was a pretty good show, reminded me of the Slavery Show and Suffer the Children. While I enjoyed it, especially the part on the lives of the executioners.............. which was all new info to me. I have the same issues with this show as I had with Slave and Children shows.
I have to get that executioner diary book
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session