Sargon of Akkad

Okeefenokee

Re: Sargon of Akkad

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:11 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:Really, Shapiro would technically lose to Spencer because a simultaneous defense of Israel and assault on white ethno-states constitutes an inherently contradictory worldview unless you admit the tribalism position of Alt-Right thought. If you want to argue some universal principle as a defense of that, then good luck, because you will come across as a hypocrite more likely than not. If you simply admit the contradiction arises from your own brand of tribalism, then point goes to Alt-Right by default. They want the same thing that Jews have. The only save is to go after them on their antisemitism, but Spencer is not so foolish to walk into that.
I get that inclination, but Shapiro's not totally locked into Jewish being only fair skinned Semites. He was just saying the other day that there are non-white jews and he's married to one.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:12 pm

doc_loliday wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:I could take Shapiro on subjects I’m immersed in, but again, only written. Live, that guy’s a buzz saw.

Shapiro is sharp for sure. He was just on Dave Rubin a week ago or so.
I still haven't watched it, but I heard it got the lefties in a hissy.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:14 pm

GloryofGreece wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:
GloryofGreece wrote: What would Peterson and Spencer debate...whether America should be a white nation again?
Peterson is trying to save liberalism (the Enlightenment project). Spencer is trying to kill it for the most part. Granted, the Marxists want to kill it too, and Peterson spends all his efforts fighting them, but they probably will not succeed, their continued antics only helps the Alt-Right, and only attacking them merely ushers more normies on over to (at least quietly) supporting some Alt-Right positions, if not the ideology.

If Peterson is to succeed (indeed, if Liberalism is to survive), then a solid defeat of the alternative right is required. It's not optional and you don't get to smear people and walk away as if that is victory.
So you think that Peterson want to save liberalism and by that do you mostly mean Republican form of government and a mostly capitalistic form of economy? Wouldn't his basic defense simply be its the best social system we've ever had (while far from perfect) so what makes Spencer think you can or should just wash it away and replace it with some form of a more collectivist Ethno State?
Peterson places a lot of importance on the morality of a system and it's outcomes, hence his rejection of marxism. So yeah, you're probably not far off from what he defends.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jan 13, 2018 5:49 pm

Gets better in the last half of the video.

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:18 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
doc_loliday wrote:Shapiro is normally pretty good, but did pretty bad when he debated Cenk, imo.
I didn't score it that way.

I don't think Cenk won, for the most part he sounded pretty silly.

It has been a while since I watched it, so I don't remember any specifics, but I just remember Shapiro giving several lame responses. And the questions seemed like softballs too, I wanted to yell through the screen.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:23 pm

doc_loliday wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
doc_loliday wrote:Shapiro is normally pretty good, but did pretty bad when he debated Cenk, imo.
I didn't score it that way.

I don't think Cenk won, for the most part he sounded pretty silly.

It has been a while since I watched it, so I don't remember any specifics, but I just remember Shapiro giving several lame responses. And the questions seemed like softballs too, I wanted to yell through the screen.
I just caught the highlights and the commentary, but it was compared to other debates where the audience is completely in Cenk's camp. Watching him in each situation brought out the contrast. I agree its more like a presidential debate than a real debate when you're camp is in the audience backing you up with cheers and jeers.

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:38 am

I'd like to see Ben Shapiro, Jordan Peterson, Sam Harris, Greg Johnson, and Richard Spencer have a round table discussion on the future of American politics and society. Can a country last that is multi ethnic? I guess you could argue that Roman Empire and some other civilizations were pretty successful for good while being more than one primary ethnic group. Is civic nationalism through fairly vague principles enough to hold a nation together? Would a shared religion/faith be enough even with racial differences? I think that is a huge problem. We as a whole have lost any genuine sense of spirituality/community. I think that is a bigger problem with the West than the different ethnic groups per say.
The good, the true, & the beautiful

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:51 am

Sam Harris is not that great of a debater and really doesn't have a lot of interesting things to add outside of some scientific insights (especially regarding race).

Maybe add Nicholas Wade if you really want somebody who has done a lot of research into racial differences, ethnicities, and even the role religion plays in human cultures who isn't afraid to just speak about the facts of the matter (since he doesn't face academic repercussions).

This debate goes nowhere until everybody can agree on some basic facts about genetics and race. I think Peterson would be amenable to it since we are talking about scientific data and verifiable (and reproducible) claims. It won't help his side of the debate one bit to acknowledge these things, though.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:02 pm

Ashur-resh-ishi II has a pretty good youtube channel where he discusses column masonry and fighting the Babylonians. The dude is old as fuck though and most of his videos are incoherent nonsense. There's a bunch of sand in the desert blowing around which makes him hard to hear.
Shikata ga nai