Sargon of Akkad

Martin Hash

Sargon of Akkad

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:18 pm

I noticed that, as of this year, YouTuber Sargon of Akkad has adopted the “Liberalist” label. He’s almost the exact same centrist as me. I tweeted him a link to my book.

p.s. These guys don’t even know we or I exist yet we are miles ahead in thought.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Okeefenokee

Re: Sargon of Akkad

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:15 pm

Got his ass handed to him against Richard Spencer.

I don't dislike the guy, but he got smashed by the ultimate white supremacist.

You gotta be better than that.

Bye Sargon.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:46 am

Another guy that likes to hear himself talk. Not as bad as Stefan Molyneux or Mike Cernovich but too difficult to get any useful information. Who sits there and listens for hours? Yet these guys have major followings. I should have a following like that, you only have to listen to me for 3 minutes, and come away knowing something relevant from an expert.

Jordan Peterson has about the right mixture of length vs. content: I got 5 minutes to listen to a single question being answered.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:01 am

Richard Spencer is actually very good at debate. There's not really any shame in losing a debate to somebody like that. Sargon is highly overrated. A more interesting debate would be between Peterson and Spencer.

Both Sargon and Peterson represent the last dying gasp of liberalism. Sargon is just a pleb, though. Peterson has some interesting ideas, but he tends to wander a lot. A debate with Spencer would be difficult for him. But that's the debate he needs to have if he wants to take this to the next level.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:09 am

Jordan Peterson and Scott Adams are perfect examples of why production quality in a YouTube video or podcast make no difference if the content is good. Somebody attacks my videos for the lighting or what I'm wearing, or my podcasts for sound quality, must not watch Peterson or Adams for the same reasons.

Fame is what makes the difference. (Or my ideas are bad and I can't write.)

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:35 am

Sargon comes of better in his own videos than in others. I lost interest in him after listening to him on Joe Rogan. When shooting shit for so long he started slipping up and the true self that started to show through the cracks wasn't so nice.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:20 am

I feel the same as you guys, I'll pop on Sargon sometimes when he has new content but I'm generally pretty critical of him. I especially dislike when he'll spend 10 to 15 seconds laughing directly into the mic over some SJW nonsense, his condescending and tedious laugh really triggers me for some reason.

Also yeah he had a poor showing on JRE and he's pretty unbearable after any lengthy amount of time, but he does do some informative videos from time to time. His piece on that mattress girl saga for instance was a thorough and complete analysis of that shitshow. It's not very surprising that he has a huge following

Ph64

Post by Ph64 » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:19 am

I agree a lot of his longer stuff is just painful to listen to.

I do like his "This week in stupid" ones though, sometimes they bring up stuff I hadn't heard about and can be quite funny, plus they're generally short (15m or so).

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:49 am

I wonder when Peterson is going to launch this attack on the Alt-Right with a debate against Spencer. It's really the only way he can do it. Spencer is like his Normandy.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:33 pm

I don't like Sargon but I'll give him credit where it is due. He was cutting edge years ago. Attacking SJW's is old hat now but he was one of the first people to start doing it.
Speaker to Animals wrote:I wonder when Peterson is going to launch this attack on the Alt-Right with a debate against Spencer. It's really the only way he can do it. Spencer is like his Normandy.
I don't believe he can platform Spencer even if he wanted to.