Dan Carlin's Hardcore History Addendum

Smitty-48

Re: Dan Carlin's Hardcore History Addendum

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:25 am

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:07 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:57 am
the vast majority of civilians killed in the Second World War were killed by ground forces

either shot, gassed, or worked to death, by Germans, Japanese & Soviets
Well, Big Gladwell isn't gonna make money off reminding people that the Germans, Japanese, and Soviets did fucked up stuff. Not sexy enough.

Still, if a best selling author is telling people that US strategic bombing was better than what everyone else is doing.... I'm not going to complain too much. Better than Zinn or Chomsky style pacifism.
I didn't complain, I simply took issue with the assertions of it being an "insane crime"

in terms of the faint praise of "not guilty by reason of insanity", I dissented vigorously

most of the fight was with the DCF Woke mob anyways, it was they who were more upset than Carlin

Carlin was simply trying to have it both ways, he wanted to pander to his Woke mob and get away with it

I simply refused to go along with the rest of the forum, same as Trek & Strangelove, who also dissented

it was me Trek & Strangelove versus Carlin and his cronies
Nec Aspera Terrent

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:27 am

C-Mag wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:12 am

50% of those captured by the Japanese died, 40% of American Soldiers. While nearly all Japanese captives survived.

That's bananas.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:27 am

C-Mag wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:04 am
All Soldiers are indeed monsters to libtards, but now they hold their tongue to present military, and trash our ancestral veterans.

LeMay, Eisenhower and Patton did what needed to be done to save Allied lives and end the war as quickly as possible. To do that requires utter brutality on the enemy.
Bringing the full force of your people, economy and all weapons systems to bear.

And this is EXACTLY why we no longer win wars. We as a people are too big a pussies to utterly destroy the enemy.
Well there was no way to utterly destroy the Taliban...

That was a poor choice of enemy.

And declaring total war on the Sunnis would have been madness.... deSunnification was the biggest mistake in the Iraq war.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:28 am

Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:27 am
C-Mag wrote:

50% of those captured by the Japanese died, 40% of American Soldiers. While nearly all Japanese captives survived.

That's bananas.
The Japanese killed themselves... before we could take them prisoner... for the most part.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:31 am

the thing that changed with Logical Insanity is that I just realized that the DCF was Woke

it wasn't about the topic, the crime I committed was dissenting from the leftist group think on the forum

and then they tried to cancel me
Nec Aspera Terrent

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:32 am

DrYouth wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:04 am
All Soldiers are indeed monsters to libtards, but now they hold their tongue to present military, and trash our ancestral veterans.

LeMay, Eisenhower and Patton did what needed to be done to save Allied lives and end the war as quickly as possible. To do that requires utter brutality on the enemy.
Bringing the full force of your people, economy and all weapons systems to bear.

And this is EXACTLY why we no longer win wars. We as a people are too big a pussies to utterly destroy the enemy.
Well there was no way to utterly destroy the Taliban...

That was a poor choice of enemy.

And declaring total war on the Sunnis would have been madness.... deSunnification was the biggest mistake in the Iraq war.
Roger, they are a Very, Very special case.

But take Iraq, we could have done what the Mongols did in 1258 and the war would have ended in 2003.

But we live in a world where you have Mk 19s and great artillery, but the Whitehouse has to approve use of the weapon system.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:32 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:25 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:57 am
the vast majority of civilians killed in the Second World War were killed by ground forces

either shot, gassed, or worked to death, by Germans, Japanese & Soviets
Well, Big Gladwell isn't gonna make money off reminding people that the Germans, Japanese, and Soviets did fucked up stuff. Not sexy enough.

Still, if a best selling author is telling people that US strategic bombing was better than what everyone else is doing.... I'm not going to complain too much. Better than Zinn or Chomsky style pacifism.
I didn't complain, I simply took issue with the assertions of it being an "insane crime"

in terms of the faint praise of "not guilty by reason of insanity", I dissented vigorously

most of the fight was with the DCF Woke mob anyways, it was they who were more upset than Carlin

Carlin was simply trying to have it both ways, he wanted to pander to his Woke mob and get away with it

I simply refused to go along with the rest of the forum, same as Trek & Strangelove, who also dissented

I wasn't around then, but I am sorry I missed it.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:36 am

DrYouth wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:28 am
C-Mag wrote:

That's bananas.
The Japanese killed themselves... before we could take them prisoner... for the most part.
Yes, and yes.

The Imperial Japs were as Indoctrinated as wokesters.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:37 am

Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:32 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:25 am

I wasn't around then, but I am sorry I missed it.
it got ugly at the end, I baited Carlin out from behind his mob, then laid I beat down on him

they didn't really cancel me, it was just mercy

mercy rule, he's had enough, let him off the mat, tap out, fights off

Carlin was always good to me, he didn't really want to fight, he came to me in the pm's to bury the hatchet
Nec Aspera Terrent

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:37 am

DrYouth wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:28 am
C-Mag wrote:

That's bananas.
It is an easier choice to make if you believe the Americans are going to treat prisoners the way your country does.
HAIL!

-Hwen