History on Fire - Jack Johnson

GloryofGreece

Re: History on Fire - Jack Johnson

Post by GloryofGreece » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:54 pm

Again, its pretty much subjective/opinion, but for what its worth HoF hasn't surpassed Blueprint or Wrath. Let alone Osfront or Death Throws. Hell, Apache Tears was better than the entire Crazy Horse series.
The good, the true, & the beautiful

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:47 pm

Who the fuck is dan, and what is this shit you fucks keep bringing up?
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:26 am

Okeefenokee wrote:Who the fuck is dan, and what is this shit you fucks keep bringing up?
What's the matter Okee?

Still sore about the bootprint Dan left on our rear ends?

I find a little ice and an advil take the edge off.

But for Realz... Dan's HH catalogue will take a long time to dethrone.

That being said Bolleli's Aztec series was up to Dan's standard.
If he can repeat that many times over he will rise to Carlin status.
But he has a ways to go yet.
In the meantime he is producing great content!
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:57 am

I'm still listening to the Jack Johnson episode.

I think Bolelli could get better at adding a little more color in certain places.

Everyone would have liked to hear more about the war dogs.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

katarn

Post by katarn » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:08 pm

GloryofGreece wrote:He is good at what he does, but sadly the Aztec series was released to quickly. I think he was fading those last episodes. We get it you can do a podcast per month and teach college courses. But if the quality wanes its ok to wait another month to get it done right. Theres not a lot of legit competitors for him so that helps. I haven't listened to the Pirate one or this one. Between him and Carlin they need to do a Medieval topic.

Duel was done superbly

Slaves Wars A+

Roosevelt A++
The pirate one was dry, but that could just be because he added a "I don't have good sources for this next bit, but..." every ten minutes
"Stone walls do not a prison make, nor iron bars a cage...
If I have freedom in my love
And in my soul am free,
Angels alone that soar above
Enjoy such Liberty" - Richard Lovelace

katarn

Post by katarn » Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:10 pm

heydaralon wrote:
GloryofGreece wrote:
heydaralon wrote:Daniel Bolleli has become what Dan Carlin was. I don't even get excited about new HH anymore. Dan has lost his edge, and there is a new crop of podcasters beating him on time and content. Bolleli's Aztec series rivaled anything Dan has released in the last few years.
So, whichever series/episode you think is Daniel's best you think its better than Dan's best? I disagree, but hey that's part of a lively conversation, no? Blueprint, Wrath, Osfront, and Death Throws are all better than any series Daniel's done. And Blitz like Prophets or Logical Insanity are better than any singular episode he done as well. Judged as an entire catalog HH still stands the test of time. Its better overall than HoF. Are there HoF episodes that are better than KoK or Celtic etc...yes, yes there are but its not quite in the same league.
You are talking about Dan Carlin from almost 10 years ago with Osfront and Death Throes. Imo that is peak Carlin. Mongols and WW1 were still gripping, but I don't think they hit the high watermark of Death Throes. The Celtic one, American Peril, and the Persian Ones were like a shadow of Dan's former self. I don't think Bolleli has surpassed Death Throes yet, but on Average I think he makes a better product, especially with his schedule. Even if you dislike his latest ep, you only have to wait 4 to six weeks for the next one. With Dan, you're stuck with it for almost a year.
Dan's best and average beat Danielle's best and average, but Danille's recent beats Dan's recent.
"Stone walls do not a prison make, nor iron bars a cage...
If I have freedom in my love
And in my soul am free,
Angels alone that soar above
Enjoy such Liberty" - Richard Lovelace

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:55 am

katarn wrote:
heydaralon wrote:
GloryofGreece wrote: So, whichever series/episode you think is Daniel's best you think its better than Dan's best? I disagree, but hey that's part of a lively conversation, no? Blueprint, Wrath, Osfront, and Death Throws are all better than any series Daniel's done. And Blitz like Prophets or Logical Insanity are better than any singular episode he done as well. Judged as an entire catalog HH still stands the test of time. Its better overall than HoF. Are there HoF episodes that are better than KoK or Celtic etc...yes, yes there are but its not quite in the same league.
You are talking about Dan Carlin from almost 10 years ago with Osfront and Death Throes. Imo that is peak Carlin. Mongols and WW1 were still gripping, but I don't think they hit the high watermark of Death Throes. The Celtic one, American Peril, and the Persian Ones were like a shadow of Dan's former self. I don't think Bolleli has surpassed Death Throes yet, but on Average I think he makes a better product, especially with his schedule. Even if you dislike his latest ep, you only have to wait 4 to six weeks for the next one. With Dan, you're stuck with it for almost a year.
Dan's best and average beat Danielle's best and average, but Danille's recent beats Dan's recent.
Thats exactly right. A lot of shortsighted mofos around here. :naughty:
The good, the true, & the beautiful

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:18 am

Just finished the second episode of Jack Johnson.

It's a great story... but it would probably have worked better as a two parter.
I think he's stretching it a bit thin.

100 years ago.... it's amazing really how much has changed in a century.

Bolleli does a good job of putting the international attention on the fight between Jim Jeffries and Jack Johnson into this context.

Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:41 am

Okeefenokee wrote:I'm still listening to the Jack Johnson episode.

I think Bolelli could get better at adding a little more color in certain places.

Everyone would have liked to hear more about the war dogs.
Colored is probably not the word you should use. We say "African American" now.
Shikata ga nai

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:53 pm

heydaralon wrote:Colored is probably not the word you should use. We say "African American" now.