Scott Adams Got Rolled

Speaker to Animals

Re: Scott Adams Got Rolled

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:59 pm

katarn wrote:So... not an ancestor?

No. I was just looking for a cool civil war-era portrait for my avatar and didn't want to go with the famous people. I like the idea of that common man, and that guy is epic with the bowie knife, gun, and Countenance of Peace.

Generationally speaking, I am not very far removed from the war (grandfather was born in 1874), so it would feel a bit too personal to put a great grandfather's mugshot up in there.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Wed Aug 16, 2017 4:35 pm

Cyclists are scum when they bike in the road. I would be fine with restricting their voting and property owning rights. I used to cuss those faggots out in gville when they would delay traffic. It seems like the guy is ok, but I hope he got some kind of delayed onset paralysis later. Then he can ride his hover round in traffic.
Shikata ga nai

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:14 pm

I gotta go to the library tomorrow and look at some portraits for potential new avatar. Saw my name at the Alamo the other day, and I might have had family there, but no photos of him found so far.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:22 pm

I mean.. I could go with Daniel Boone.

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:07 am

I just tried to find a Swede who had done reasonably well in the ACW.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oscar_Malmborg

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck