HH60 - The Celtic Holocaust

GloryofGreece

Re: HH60 - The Celtic Holocaust

Post by GloryofGreece » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:56 pm

heydaralon wrote:
GloryofGreece wrote:
heydaralon wrote:
Check out the Turner Diaries.
Thanks asshole. Any other source other than a professor that is knee deep in Catholicism like Thomas Madden obviously is. If he's right surely at least 2-3 other writers/scholars agree that Medieval Europe was great. I don't doubt the Crusades were multifaceted in their origins and causes etc. I don't care. I want to find any academic source other than this guy that say explains how distorted mainstream opinion is on backwards Medieval Europe and how it was better than Classical Greece.

Speaking for a seminary here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3PSqEY44JQ

and here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFt1ZRVqNOE
There is a book called Inventing the Individual by Larry Sidentrop that briefly discusses Gibbon, the romanticization of ancient greece and rome and the fashionable dislike of Christianity during the 18th century by intellectuals. Thats about the best I can do off the top of my head. Maybe start there and then check to see what sources Sidentrop uses for his book.

I could do without the foul language too. There's no reason for that kind of potty talk on the internet.
Thanks for the source. Im just giving back what I received. Sarcasm / right? It is the internet
The good, the true, & the beautiful

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:44 am

California wrote:I'm only about 40 minutes in, but Dan confirmed something that I've been thinking about since I've been listening to Bollelli's episodes on Crazy Horse and Little Bighorn and especially the current one on the Conquest of Mexico. I look at the whites that defeated the Indians as evil yet I look at Caesar as a hero, despite him committing the same atrocities.
Dan's done a great job in shows showing the 'other side', how our traditional hero's like Caesar should be questioned. In American Peril he showed us the Evil American Imperials, in King of Kings the Evil Greeks and now the Evil Romans.

I just can't wait til he does the Civil War and shows us about he Evil Union Armies invading the poor rural Agrarian South to establish for ever a bigger Central Government; reduce states rights and slavery to ashes. :twisted:

:angelic-blueglow:
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Fife

Post by Fife » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:31 am

C-Mag wrote:
California wrote:I'm only about 40 minutes in, but Dan confirmed something that I've been thinking about since I've been listening to Bollelli's episodes on Crazy Horse and Little Bighorn and especially the current one on the Conquest of Mexico. I look at the whites that defeated the Indians as evil yet I look at Caesar as a hero, despite him committing the same atrocities.
Dan's done a great job in shows showing the 'other side', how our traditional hero's like Caesar should be questioned. In American Peril he showed us the Evil American Imperials, in King of Kings the Evil Greeks and now the Evil Romans.

I just can't wait til he does the Civil War and shows us about he Evil Union Armies invading the poor rural Agrarian South to establish for ever a bigger Central Government; reduce states rights and slavery to ashes. :twisted:

Imagine the impression those South Carolina Fire-Eaters made on the muddy D.C. streets . . . it must have been like having an outlaw biker gang rolling up on your picnic and luring away all your women! Well, the decent white folk weren't going to stand for that sort of non-sense for long . . . the war machine was turned up to 11 and the knob ripped off.

:goteam: :drunk:

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:32 am

:lol:
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:01 am

I have a bad feeling about where this is heading. One could easily -- easily -- twist this Caesar-versus-the-Gauls thing into a story about immigrants and refugees.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:10 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:I have a bad feeling about where this is heading. One could easily -- easily -- twist this Caesar-versus-the-Gauls thing into a story about immigrants and refugees.
oh noes mah narrative!
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:12 am

It's not my narrative.

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:53 am

No ads on this show.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:57 am

Fife wrote:
C-Mag wrote:

Imagine the impression those South Carolina Fire-Eaters made on the muddy D.C. streets . . . it must have been like having an outlaw biker gang rolling up on your picnic and luring away all your women! Well, the decent white folk weren't going to stand for that sort of non-sense for long . . . the war machine was turned up to 11 and the knob ripped off.

:goteam: :drunk:
:lol:

Outlaw Biker Gang :clap: :clap: :clap:
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:04 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:Yeah, his video games seem to be nothing more than a cash grab. I'd stay away from those.
Who needs to innovate when you can just sit on the NFL licence and rake in the money anyway? Not EA.
*yip*