HH60 - The Celtic Holocaust

GloryofGreece

Re: HH60 - The Celtic Holocaust

Post by GloryofGreece » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:23 pm

Hastur wrote:Also it wasn't like it was some kind of ancient high cultures that were wiped out. The university of Oxford is older than the Aztec culture. American civilization never really took of.
What are you suggesting or implying really? Value judgement based on length of time a specific subset of Mesoamerica existed as an identifiable culture means that what? Your surprsied that the culture the Spanish initially encountered gets a lot of play in history books and documentaries etc.
The good, the true, & the beautiful

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:28 pm

GloryofGreece wrote:
Hastur wrote:Also it wasn't like it was some kind of ancient high cultures that were wiped out. The university of Oxford is older than the Aztec culture. American civilization never really took of.
What are you suggesting or implying really? Value judgement based on length of time a specific subset of Mesoamerica existed as an identifiable culture means that what? Your surprsied that the culture the Spanish initially encountered gets a lot of play in history books and documentaries etc.
It wasn't that great of a loss is all.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:08 pm

Hastur wrote:
GloryofGreece wrote:
Was any of the Americas?

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Sep 02, 2017 3:16 pm

Hastur wrote:
GloryofGreece wrote:

:lol:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:24 am

GloryofGreece wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:
California wrote:I'm only about 40 minutes in, but Dan confirmed something that I've been thinking about since I've been listening to Bollelli's episodes on Crazy Horse and Little Bighorn and especially the current one on the Conquest of Mexico. I look at the whites that defeated the Indians as evil yet I look at Caesar as a hero, despite him committing the same atrocities.

Is this just bias in the sources I've been reading all of my life? Or do we forgive Caesar because of everything else he did before and after the Gallic Wars? I guess if Cortes had gone home to Spain and defeated the monarchy while installing a stronger, more stable form of government we'd have a different view of him as well. Maybe it all comes down to the original source, maybe we'd have a different view of Cortes if he wrong something like Caesar's commentaries

I believe so. Kids weren't taught that nonsense before the 1970s or thereabouts. It's a product of the long march of marxism through the institutions, including the universities and government schools.

In particular, Cortez didn't do anything the indiginous civilizations didn't do and wouldn't have done to us if they had the opportunity. Also, the other nations joined him against the Aztecs. But the kicker is that the Aztecs now control the whole thing, so it's not like the Spanish did themselves or anybody else a favor. Zapotec and others are now ruled over by Mexico, which is a nation state extension of Aztec civilization. They speak Spanish now and they worship the real God, but they are still the same people. The name Mexico is the Spanish derivative of the name the Aztecs called themselves (Mexica).

In the Andean region, the full-indigenous population in many parts is now higher than it ever was prior to contact and conquest. Boliva is now run by the indigenous population. In Peru, the average Peruvian is not really all that far removed from the various civilizations that lived there prior to contact either.

The paradigm we were taught, in my opinion, is totally false.
Is it false that 90-95% of the native populations in the Americas were wiped off the face of the earth in less than 100 years? Is it false that the natives that inhabited the Caribbean islands were worked as slaves into extinction? And b/c the Mexica (one native group that we know something about (ill be it from Spanish sources only) were ruthless cunts that means the Spanish were no worse so what does it matter? Right. No malice in their intention for sure. But hey Peru has native Quecheu so its all good dude. And it sure as shit wasn't tragic to see an entire people be wiped out of a continent or two. Gold, God, and Glory. "I have a thirst that can only be quenched by gold" - Cortes.
I'd double check that
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

apeman

Post by apeman » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:49 am

apeman wrote:I thought I was really gonna like this one, and maybe I haven't given it the proper attention, but the way Dan is going about telling the story is is just really hard for me to follow. Never had to press the rewind button so often.

Didnt read any other posts so I don't know what others have said, but with basically one source and all the constant meandering asides that are so predictable to me at this point, I might not get past hour 3.

Keep going, or no?
Update, I continued on and really liked the new HH.

Could have easily been an hour shorter.

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:13 am

apeman wrote:
apeman wrote:I thought I was really gonna like this one, and maybe I haven't given it the proper attention, but the way Dan is going about telling the story is is just really hard for me to follow. Never had to press the rewind button so often.

Didnt read any other posts so I don't know what others have said, but with basically one source and all the constant meandering asides that are so predictable to me at this point, I might not get past hour 3.

Keep going, or no?

Sure it could have been an hour less but are you saying it should have been? If so why?

apeman

Post by apeman » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:46 pm

GloryofGreece wrote:
apeman wrote:

Keep going, or no?

Sure it could have been an hour less but are you saying it should have been? If so why?
Lost interest a lot like I said above, and that never really happened to me with HH (except KoK), but like I said, not really a critique on Dan perhaps its a critique of me.