HH60 - The Celtic Holocaust

SuburbanFarmer

Re: HH60 - The Celtic Holocaust

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:56 pm

C-Mag wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Fife wrote:
And now he's talking about what a Roman general might do about "his or her" problems. :/
Well, to be fair, he's supporting a family with his podcasts, and we can't even imagine the sort of feedback he's getting from the public and Apple.
I've always said I'm happy for Dan and his family, what he's done is incredible. He created his genre, not many can say that.

Hey, some of its butt hurt. A lot of folks at old DCF actively worked to spread the word on Dan..... in the end it felt like Dan left us, and we were kicked to the curb.

I have this morbid pride over how many old DCFERS claim it was their post or posts that pushed Dan over the edge and turn us out...... how's that for a badge of honor :lol:
I happen to know for a fact that I had the FINAL post on the DCF. However, I'm pretty confident that a combination of shitposting from The Artist Formerly Known as Strangelove, and DukeNog, along with a pretty hilarious avatar on doc_Loliday probably pushed him over the edge.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:09 pm

BroGrump, don't do me that way.

It was my marvelous take down of Dan in his post Election CS thread that did it.

CARLUS MAGNUS. THE DESTROYER OF WORLDS

I Killed Dan Carlin Forums, I have the corpse mounted above the fireplace.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Alexander PhiAlipson

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:45 pm

We didn't leave Dan--he left us.
"She had yellow hair and she walked funny and she made a noise like... O my God, please don't kill me! "

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:48 pm

Alexander PhiAlipson wrote:We didn't leave Dan--he left us.
No, he's just waiting for an outsider
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Penner

Post by Penner » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:01 pm

GloryofGreece wrote:So what's the honest reason so many here complain about every single thing Dan Carlin does?

Mostly has to do with the fact that Dan didn't support Trump when the Trump-mania crazy was at its height during the election (and this also lead to some users posting things like, "Dan the cuck" on there sig. Some others do feel like his work has waned. Mostly has to do with his Hardcore History show since it takes now so long to get an episode, some feel like they're on topics that Dan has already done, episodes length, and just generally feeling like the overall quality has waned.

Alexander PhiAlipson

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:06 pm

Penner wrote:
GloryofGreece wrote:So what's the honest reason so many here complain about every single thing Dan Carlin does?

Mostly has to do with the fact that Dan didn't support Trump when the Trump-mania crazy was at its height during the election (and this also lead to some users posting things like, "Dan the cuck" on there sig. Some others do feel like his work has waned. Mostly has to do with his Hardcore History show since it takes now so long to get an episode, some feel like they're on topics that Dan has already done, episodes length, and just generally feeling like the overall quality has waned.
Why did you abandon Dan, Penner?
"She had yellow hair and she walked funny and she made a noise like... O my God, please don't kill me! "

Penner

Post by Penner » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:32 pm

Alexander PhiAlipson wrote:
Penner wrote:

He throw me out of the house with you guys- remember?

Alexander PhiAlipson

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:52 pm

Penner wrote:
Alexander PhiAlipson wrote:
Penner wrote:

He throw me out of the house with you guys- remember?
He could've blocked us guys--but he gave you the boot, too. Sad!

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:16 pm

Penner wrote:
Some others do feel like his work has waned. Mostly has to do with his Hardcore History show since it takes now so long to get an episode, some feel like they're on topics that Dan has already done, episodes length, and just generally feeling like the overall quality has waned.
That's my only complaint about Dan. The podcasts have all but fallen to nothing. We get annual, massive epics from a single source - which is worse than useless.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:09 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Penner wrote:
Some others do feel like his work has waned. Mostly has to do with his Hardcore History show since it takes now so long to get an episode, some feel like they're on topics that Dan has already done, episodes length, and just generally feeling like the overall quality has waned.
That's my only complaint about Dan. The podcasts have all but fallen to nothing. We get annual, massive epics from a single source - which is worse than useless.
^
This. Usually on a topic he's already done AND with the same musings and angles as the last time.
It's like if you take a TV series that you've seen many times, say the Twilight zone, canceling it and instead releasing 3 hr cinema versions of every old episode, one a year, with the same content, just a hell of a lot more exposition.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck