HH60 - The Celtic Holocaust

katarn

Re: HH60 - The Celtic Holocaust

Post by katarn » Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:23 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Fife wrote:
Alexander PhiAlipson wrote: You may as well finish it. I've listened to the whole thing several times, though not because I like it! He meanders throughout, wondering through the wool and woof of what few facts we have to dive deep into speculation and estimation. It's funny. Before long you get to thinking, maybe genocide is bad.
He reveals his puddle-like depth of understanding regarding the Aztecs, the North American Indians, and the American Civil War by contrasting them with Caesar's "illegal" war(s) with the Celts. Dan wishes aloud that American settlers had a more difficult time of it. It's all fun!
There's one kind of stoic that says "you may as well finish it." There's another kind that says "what time does happy hour start in this town?"

I'm a different kind of dog from either, I guess. I waited 6+ months for this show, then finished the 6 hours as a forced march. (The last 2 hours, at least, were under the influence; but I did my duty, at least according to the reports.)

Was Diogenes teaching hippy-assed libertine-ism? That's not how I read it. Take your medicine as prescribed. Medicate outside the Rx, pro re nata. :goteam: :drunk:
How much did Dan pay you for that post?
:lol:
"Stone walls do not a prison make, nor iron bars a cage...
If I have freedom in my love
And in my soul am free,
Angels alone that soar above
Enjoy such Liberty" - Richard Lovelace

apeman

Post by apeman » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:06 am

Thanks all.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:07 pm

I'm just getting around to listening to Dan's latest piece. It's not bad, I'm enjoying it.

At the 2:40 range.......... they were not just Soldiers, but builders.......... that's right baby, the Romans were Combat Engineers...... Suck it Infantry. :lol:

I'm 3:30 in approx. what puzzles me is he can see the Romans as invaders, slow advance, in a couple generations long hairs gauls are short haired gauls, another generation and their wearing togas. I say to Dan, this was not a Roman Invasion, just a series of raids. :P
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Alexander PhiAlipson

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:24 pm

They were just construction workers... looking for a better life.
"She had yellow hair and she walked funny and she made a noise like... O my God, please don't kill me! "

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:12 pm

Alexander PhiAlipson wrote:They were just construction workers... looking for a better life.

The Legion of Peace.

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:21 pm

I heard there are lots of good jobs with steady pay up north.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:03 pm

Our economy thrives on immigration from the south. Gauls don't even want these jobs. Good luck finding someone to build your roads without Romans.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:26 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Alexander PhiAlipson wrote:They were just construction workers... looking for a better life.

The Legion of Peace.
Rome just had to expand so much to protect themselves.
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:31 am

Just finished it.
It was a good show, not in the Top 10.............. good none the less.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:33 am

So what's the honest reason so many here complain about every single thing Dan Carlin does?
The good, the true, & the beautiful