HH60 - The Celtic Holocaust

Kazmyr

Re: HH60 - The Celtic Holocaust

Post by Kazmyr » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:46 pm

Hwen Hoshino wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:I loved it. Can't say it was very enlightening, with only 1 source, same as KoK. But it was interesting, and made me feel happy.
KOK?
King of Kings.

I thought KoK was better than this, at least 1 and 3. This one was more like episode 2, which I thought was a huge drag on the series.
Martin Hash wrote:Liberty allows people to get their jollies any way they want. Just don't expect to masturbate with my lotion.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:49 pm

Dan should reimburse everyone who listens to his Fraudcast, and has their time wasted by his lies. I understand that I am partially at fault here for believing he would do the right thing, but six hours is a long time, and its time I'll never get back. I believe federal minimum wage is around 7.25 per hour. The way I look at it, is that Dan owes me around 45 dollars because it really was hard work wading through his awful show for half a day. This is a reasonable request.
Shikata ga nai

Alexander PhiAlipson

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:18 pm

apeman wrote:...at this point, I might not get past hour 3. Keep going, or no?
You may as well finish it. I've listened to the whole thing several times, though not because I like it! He meanders throughout, wondering through the wool and woof of what few facts we have to dive deep into speculation and estimation. It's funny. Before long you get to thinking, maybe genocide is bad.
He reveals his puddle-like depth of understanding regarding the Aztecs, the North American Indians, and the American Civil War by contrasting them with Caesar's "illegal" war(s) with the Celts. Dan wishes aloud that American settlers had a more difficult time of it. It's all fun!
"She had yellow hair and she walked funny and she made a noise like... O my God, please don't kill me! "

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:20 pm

I just watch these,

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:14 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
GloryofGreece wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:Dan really did give the guy a cold shoulder and kind of mocked him for sounding a little like Dan. Dan went after Martyrmade too. Called the guy a Nazi on twitter, no less.

And that 2C History podcast was every bit as good as something Dan used to produce, and better than what is being produced now. It was on par with Cooper's Martyrmade podcast. If you don't believe me, then go listen to it. He can't help that he has a similar voice to Dan Carlin.

It's not like Dan Carlin puts out much content anyway. He could get back into podcasting and that would be *his* voice, and Dan would become the copier with his bi-annual Hardcore History podcasts.[/quote

Again, how did he give him the cold shoulder? Did he ask to have him on his own podcast and Dan refused? And if so, so what? He has no obligation to dudes that podcast just b/c they happen to do history podcast to. What is it that he actually did? As far as calling Darryl a Fascist...did Darryl deny it? Got a snapshot of that twitter feed. I know Darryl still listens to Dan Carlin and has recently even posted on the JRE forum about how great Dan's delivery is so I guess he didn't take their debate as insulting. So...
It was a semi-snotty post, dismissive, and insinuating that he was copying Dan's style.

Which shouldn't be difficult to believe at this point after Daryl Cooper was accused of being a "Nazi" on Twitter.

Bolelli is a hard target because (1) he fawns over Dan in his podcasts and (2) he's an actual historian. There aren't many avenues of attack there.
Daryl Cooper said himself in his 2.5 hour interview show with Bollelli that he's still used to the early days of internet trolling like the rest of us are here and isn't quite used to the Twitter world where its more viewed as what you actually think rather than a handle. He was trolling Dan, it got out of hand, and he self-exiled himself from Twitter

You guys are being pretty tinfoil about Dan Carlin right now
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:18 pm

apeman wrote:I thought I was really gonna like this one, and maybe I haven't given it the proper attention, but the way Dan is going about telling the story is is just really hard for me to follow. Never had to press the rewind button so often.

Didnt read any other posts so I don't know what others have said, but with basically one source and all the constant meandering asides that are so predictable to me at this point, I might not get past hour 3.

Keep going, or no?
Keep going.

I thought it was great, but I'm already very familiar wit Caesar's Gallic Commentaries.

That being said, I could see how the meandering could get out of control. I'm not that familiar with all the source material from KoK so I felt like you on those episodes.

Some episodes are fine standalone, other ones you need to have some previous familiarity?
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Fife

Post by Fife » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:15 pm

Alexander PhiAlipson wrote:
You may as well finish it. I've listened to the whole thing several times, though not because I like it! He meanders throughout, wondering through the wool and woof of what few facts we have to dive deep into speculation and estimation. It's funny. Before long you get to thinking, maybe genocide is bad.
He reveals his puddle-like depth of understanding regarding the Aztecs, the North American Indians, and the American Civil War by contrasting them with Caesar's "illegal" war(s) with the Celts. Dan wishes aloud that American settlers had a more difficult time of it. It's all fun!
There's one kind of stoic that says "you may as well finish it." There's another kind that says "what time does happy hour start in this town?"

I'm a different kind of dog from either, I guess. I waited 6+ months for this show, then finished the 6 hours as a forced march. (The last 2 hours, at least, were under the influence; but I did my duty, at least according to the reports.)

Was Diogenes teaching hippy-assed libertine-ism? That's not how I read it. Take your medicine as prescribed. Medicate outside the Rx, pro re nata. :goteam: :drunk:

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:18 pm

There's a third type of stoic wise enough to wait for Alexander to listen to it and see how snarky he gets in order to determine whether it's worth listening too.

The answer seems to be a negative.

Hard pass.
Last edited by Speaker to Animals on Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:18 pm

Fife wrote:
Alexander PhiAlipson wrote:
There's one kind of stoic that says "you may as well finish it." There's another kind that says "what time does happy hour start in this town?"

I'm a different kind of dog from either, I guess. I waited 6+ months for this show, then finished the 6 hours as a forced march. (The last 2 hours, at least, were under the influence; but I did my duty, at least according to the reports.)

Was Diogenes teaching hippy-assed libertine-ism? That's not how I read it. Take your medicine as prescribed. Medicate outside the Rx, pro re nata. :goteam: :drunk:
How much did Dan pay you for that post?
Shikata ga nai

Alexander PhiAlipson

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:17 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:There's a third type of stoic wise enough to wait for Alexander to listen to it and see how snarky he gets in order to determine whether it's worth listening too.
:oops:
"She had yellow hair and she walked funny and she made a noise like... O my God, please don't kill me! "