HH60 - The Celtic Holocaust

Fife

Re: HH60 - The Celtic Holocaust

Post by Fife » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:15 am

Yes.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:23 am

Dan really did give the guy a cold shoulder and kind of mocked him for sounding a little like Dan. Dan went after Martyrmade too. Called the guy a Nazi on twitter, no less.

And that 2C History podcast was every bit as good as something Dan used to produce, and better than what is being produced now. It was on par with Cooper's Martyrmade podcast. If you don't believe me, then go listen to it. He can't help that he has a similar voice to Dan Carlin.

It's not like Dan Carlin puts out much content anyway. He could get back into podcasting and that would be *his* voice, and Dan would become the copier with his bi-annual Hardcore History podcasts.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:27 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:Dan really did give the guy a cold shoulder and kind of mocked him for sounding a little like Dan. Dan went after Martyrmade too. Called the guy a Nazi on twitter, no less.

And that 2C History podcast was every bit as good as something Dan used to produce, and better than what is being produced now. It was on par with Cooper's Martyrmade podcast. If you don't believe me, then go listen to it. He can't help that he has a similar voice to Dan Carlin.

It's not like Dan Carlin puts out much content anyway. He could get back into podcasting and that would be *his* voice, and Dan would become the copier with his bi-annual Hardcore History podcasts.

Yep
Carlin doesn't need to do anything of that. He could just be the noble and friendly king of the history podcast world.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:38 am

[quote="Speaker to Animals"]Dan really did give the guy a cold shoulder and kind of mocked him for sounding a little like Dan. Dan went after Martyrmade too. Called the guy a Nazi on twitter, no less.

It's not like Dan Carlin puts out much content anyway. He could get back into podcasting and that would be *his* voice, and Dan would become the copier with his bi-annual Hardcore History podcasts.[/quote

Again, how did he give him the cold shoulder? Did he ask to have him on his own podcast and Dan refused? And if so, so what? He has no obligation to dudes that podcast just b/c they happen to do history podcast to. What is it that he actually did? As far as calling Darryl a Fascist...did Darryl deny it? Got a snapshot of that twitter feed. I know Darryl still listens to Dan Carlin and has recently even posted on the JRE forum about how great Dan's delivery is so I guess he didn't take their debate as insulting. So...
The good, the true, & the beautiful

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:51 am

GloryofGreece wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:Dan really did give the guy a cold shoulder and kind of mocked him for sounding a little like Dan. Dan went after Martyrmade too. Called the guy a Nazi on twitter, no less.

It's not like Dan Carlin puts out much content anyway. He could get back into podcasting and that would be *his* voice, and Dan would become the copier with his bi-annual Hardcore History podcasts.[/quote

Again, how did he give him the cold shoulder? Did he ask to have him on his own podcast and Dan refused? And if so, so what? He has no obligation to dudes that podcast just b/c they happen to do history podcast to. What is it that he actually did? As far as calling Darryl a Fascist...did Darryl deny it? Got a snapshot of that twitter feed. I know Darryl still listens to Dan Carlin and has recently even posted on the JRE forum about how great Dan's delivery is so I guess he didn't take their debate as insulting. So...
It was a semi-snotty post, dismissive, and insinuating that he was copying Dan's style.

Which shouldn't be difficult to believe at this point after Daryl Cooper was accused of being a "Nazi" on Twitter.

Bolelli is a hard target because (1) he fawns over Dan in his podcasts and (2) he's an actual historian. There aren't many avenues of attack there.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:07 am

GloryofGreece wrote:

How I am paranoid Greece? Dan has repeatedly shown that he is not interested in the truth getting out, and he has basically decided that he doesn't want any new podcasts. After all, if he's only releasing 2 shows per year, it would not be hard to surpass him in content and quality. He is a true con artist, and part of a podcasting cartel. Wake up. Dan won't even admit how much he is making from each podcast, or how much PBS is paying him for the WW1 contribution. As listeners, we deserve better.
Shikata ga nai

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:12 am

I remember talking to that Martyrmade guy on the forum about True Detective. Dan knew at that point that it was only a matter of time before I would sit down and talk to Darryl Cooper about Dan's numerous misdeeds. He knew I was interested in making a podcast of my own exploring his checkered past. He knew that if the DCF forum stayed online, he would be exposed for the charlatan that he is. This is only a speedbump though. Dan may have bought off Bolleli, but he can't buy off the entire public.
Shikata ga nai

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:24 am

Fife wrote:Yes.

Its interesting how Fife even has a dog in this fight. He is a libertarian, which ostensibly would put him at odds with Dan's Economic Nationalism, and more leftist common sense themes. Then it clicked with me. Fife could be helping Dan distort the past!. At first I thought that Fife was merely providing legal cover for Dan's deceptive advertising practices. This didn't make much sense, until I realized that Fife might not be a real lawyer. When I asked Fife what an Amicus Curiae Brief was, he thought it was a John Grisham book. I think the more likely scenario is that Dan is paying Fife an undisclosed amount of money to casually plug and defend his podcasts on this forum. This is not as crazy as it sounds, as foreign governments like China and Israel, advocacy groups and corporations use puppets to promote their goals online. Why would successful podcasters behave any differently? I'm not claiming this is the case, because I don't have any hard evidence, but it is quite possible.
Shikata ga nai

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:29 am

LOL, is Dan still an economic nationalist or did Soros make him become an economic globalist too?

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:32 am

heydaralon wrote:
Fife wrote:Yes.

Its interesting how Fife even has a dog in this fight. He is a libertarian, which ostensibly would put him at odds with Dan's Economic Nationalism, and more leftist common sense themes. Then it clicked with me. Fife could be helping Dan distort the past!. At first I thought that Fife was merely providing legal cover for Dan's deceptive advertising practices. This didn't make much sense, until I realized that Fife might not be a real lawyer. When I asked Fife what an Amicus Curiae Brief was, he thought it was a John Grisham book. I think the more likely scenario is that Dan is paying Fife an undisclosed amount of money to casually plug and defend his podcasts on this forum. This is not as crazy as it sounds, as foreign governments like China and Israel, advocacy groups and corporations use puppets to promote their goals online. Why would successful podcasters behave any differently? I'm not claiming this is the case, because I don't have any hard evidence, but it is quite possible.
:think:

Now, I definitely need to be watching Fife more carefully :?
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience