Sam Harris Vs. Scott Adams

JohnDonne

Re: Sam Harris Vs. Scott Adams

Post by JohnDonne » Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:12 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
JohnDonne wrote:
heydaralon wrote:Hitchens is the smart guy that stupid people who think they are smart look up to. I remember when I was 14 and hated going to church but my parents forced me. Thats the age when I thought Hitchens was an edgy brilliant atheist thinker. If you don't snap out of that mindset by the time you are 18 you are probably doomed to a life of wearing fedoras, browsing reddit, and general faggotry.
Hitchens was no reddit commenter. He was dignified, witty, robust, I still enjoy him. What do you think of Jordan Peterson, out of curiosity?
That's Doctor Jordan Peterson.
Oh that's interesting...I guess he prefers the formalities when it comes to the non-familiars.. He prefers Jordy or Docta J whenever I'm with him.

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:54 pm

Agnostic Atheists, and Agnostic Theists, they use logic, they have some idea of what is and isn't possible to know for certain, no matter which way they lean on spiritual matters. Gnostic Atheists and Gnostic Theists assume that what they can't know for certain must be true, just because they got a good gut feeling, with no proof and just faith to back it up, they are fucking weird for being unable to admit they don't even have a little bit of doubt about something they can't possibly know. Sorry you don't get it StA, stop trying to tell me what you think I'm saying your mind reading powers are way off.
*yip*

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:02 am

StCapps wrote:Agnostic Atheists, and Agnostic Theists, they use logic, they have some idea of what is and isn't possible to know for certain, no matter which way they lean on spiritual matters. Gnostic Atheists and Gnostic Theists assume that what they can't know for certain must be true, just because they got a good gut feeling, with no proof and just faith to back it up, they are fucking weird for being unable to admit they don't even have a little bit of doubt about something they can't possibly know. Sorry you don't get it StA, stop trying to tell me what you think I'm saying your mind reading powers are way off.
That is not a binary answer.

(Well put)
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0