MartyrMade

GloryofGreece

Re: MartyrMade

Post by GloryofGreece » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:24 am

As a soldier how often did you see enlisted or officers even actually brawl with one another?
The good, the true, & the beautiful

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:26 am

GloryofGreece wrote:As a soldier how often did you see enlisted or officers even actually brawl with one another?
Officer vs. enlisted was rare, that would have to be like "we're just sparring here, for score, no grudges, just competition", otherwise the enlisted man would have to hang for it, enlisted vs. enlisted was par for the course, boys will be boys, out behind the woodshed.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:50 am

The closest thing I know of, to the kind of Vietnam style breakdowns between officers and the men in the field, was in Yugoslavia, there was this Warrant Officer who rubbed his men the wrong way, not so much outside the bounds of the regulations, but he applied the regulations in a way that made their lives miserable, and it went on for months on end, in a high stress environment, and so what they did, allegedly, is they poisoned him, they put poison in his food which really fucked him up, he had all sorts of health problems, like he went blind in one eye, he became a cripple of sorts, that's the closest thing I've seen, in terms of "fragging an officer", in the Canadian context, in a war zone.
Nec Aspera Terrent

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:37 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:You wouldn't be able to control who you were, c'est le guerre would be upon you, you woudn't be able to apply bourgeois standards of morality to such a morally ambiguous paradigm.
^^^^^
THIS

I believe this is truth.

I guess what Silas Soule did was different .... because he ratted out a commanding officer rather than the boys on the ground...

Chivington's failure wasn't an act committed in the heat of battle... he planned his actions in cold blood to achieve political rather than tactical advantage.

Haven't listened to Martyrmade's episode yet...
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:41 am

Great 2 hour conversation between Darryl, Daniele, and Jocko!

Essentially, Jocko says things like this won't happen if there is competent leadership and they know what's acceptable before they get after it. Training and education is the key according to him. Seems a little to simple an answer but Darryl does add the need to have institutional awareness and "rules" that are also respected. Daniele doesn't add much. Would have been nice to get into the darker side of human behavior but they didn't. It was more about techniques, values and ideas to prevent massacres on the ground.
http://historyonfirepodcast.com/episodes/

https://twitter.com/DBolelli?ref_src=tw ... r%5Eauthor

Martyr Made TWitter
https://twitter.com/martyrmade
Last edited by GloryofGreece on Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:43 am

Dan Carlin said he is literally a Nazi.

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:02 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:Dan Carlin said he is literally a Nazi.
He just didn't realize he cut his teeth as an original troll on the Sherdog forum...haha. I think Darryl might be Paul Kersey
https://twitter.com/pksbpdl?lang=en

He never confirmed nor denied my inquiry...
(seriously)

But yea he's not a Nazi and Dan was overreacting to the hysteria and absolute surreal nature of Trump becoming President of the United States of America.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:07 am

Dan overreacted with the literal Nazi stuff??

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:13 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:Dan overreacted with the literal Nazi stuff??
Hey easy man, Dan holds a special place in my heart b/c I learned a lot about events/topics that I even already knew a good bit about already. When did you stop enjoying his HH podcasts? 2015ish?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:17 am

GloryofGreece wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:Dan overreacted with the literal Nazi stuff??
Hey easy man, Dan holds a special place in my heart b/c I learned a lot about events/topics that I even already knew a good bit about already. When did you stop enjoying his HH podcasts? 2015ish?

When they became yearlong series about shot that bored me. I miss the one episode shows.