MartyrMade

Okeefenokee

Re: MartyrMade

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:07 pm

Sparrow941 wrote:At least when DC covers something i dont have too keep pausing it to figure out what words he is saying. I also don't want to eat a plate of speggetti after lisyening to DC.

Ps how the fuck do you spell spagetti
Spagheti?
Spagetee?
Spagetty?
I think you just don't have a good ear for accents. I got past DB's accent in the first episode.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:58 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:
Sparrow941 wrote:At least when DC covers something i dont have too keep pausing it to figure out what words he is saying. I also don't want to eat a plate of speggetti after lisyening to DC.

Spagheti?
Spagetee?
Spagetty?
I think you just don't have a good ear for accents. I got past DB's accent in the first episode.
I've been working my way though Bolelli's Conquest of Mexico series this week. The guy's a natural storyteller with a wonderful understated wit and a knack for imagery nearly on par with Dan Carlin's. He also seems capable of generating great content a bit more rapidly than Dan. It's been half a year since Dan's done a HH show.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:17 pm

Poor Dan shouldn't have made the deal. :lol:

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:21 pm

Dan "Not a Man" Carlin has been pissing me off. He has gotten lazy and complacent with his release schedule. I hope he's losing some donations and that it snaps him out of sluggishness. Dan is not a tenured professor and he needs to stop acting like he is.
Shikata ga nai

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:46 am

de officiis wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:

Spagheti?
Spagetee?
Spagetty?
I've been working my way though Bolelli's Conquest of Mexico series this week. The guy's a natural storyteller with a wonderful understated wit and a knack for imagery nearly on par with Dan Carlin's. He also seems capable of generating great content a bit more rapidly than Dan. It's been half a year since Dan's done a HH show.
I need to see the armored dogs
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:07 pm

California wrote:
de officiis wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:
I need to see the armored dogs
For real. Dan would have given us some first hand accounts of the dogs in battle by now.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:02 am

DB is usually somewhat difficult to understand but its never been as bad as this series with pronunciation and his accent getting in the way of english listeners comprehension. Maybe its the fact that with the Conquest series he has to try and pronounce so many Mesoamerican names that are tripping him up obviously and that makes him switching back to English more difficult than usual...idk. Whatever it is its worse on this 3rd part as well. He has done a decent to good job this series, but it is not his strongest. Not even close. It also seems like he gets tired of his own voice or is annoyed he has to mention something in his own podcast he narrated. I'm glad he's producing content regularly but maybe he should slow down to 6-10 episodes a year. Quality over quantity. Carlin is still easily the King of Historical podcasts.
The good, the true, & the beautiful

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:19 am

Maybe it's because I'm used to hearing my wife's thick accent.

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:01 pm

Not sure if this has been posted or not but lots of good backstory to Darryl's life and impetus for starting Martyrmade.
Trooper Project - Episode 16 - Darryl Cooper

Mar 13, 2017
In this episode of Trooper Project we have Martyrmade Podcast host Darryl Cooper. We learn about his experience in the military, the story behind his first series of Martyrmade Podcast, we also answer Trooper questions, and talk about so much more. You can find Darryl on Twitter @Martyrmade and Martyrmade.com
http://trooperproject.libsyn.com/troope ... ryl-cooper

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:18 am

http://trooperproject.libsyn.com/troope ... ryl-cooper

Decent interview but why did they keep on bleeping words out? Odd.
The good, the true, & the beautiful