MartyrMade

Martin Hash

Re: MartyrMade

Post by Martin Hash » Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:20 am

Nothing wrong with those 2 origin stories. It goes without saying that sufferers can simultaneously exhibit manifestations from both making a definitive diagnoses impossible, and neither have good treatment success.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:30 pm

So I'm finally finished this marathon...

Here are my take home points, if any of you want to skip 5 hours of audio...

**SPOILER ALERT**

Nietzsche and Dostoevsky were both giants in their fields at the dawn of our modern age as we have come to know it...

This was the end of the age of monarchs and empires and the beginning of the age of nations.
Germany was the youngest nation, and here Nietzsche came of age - a fierce modernist who saw a strange opportunity in the modern era for a new kind of man, who would rise up strong and proud on the ashes of outdated religion and become his own god.
He preached manliness and strength, rather than more "slave religion" which he felt kept men weak and malleable.
He saw himself as a modern man and did not like nationalism.... seeing himself as a post national European.

But Nietzsche, despite his aggressive writing, was weak, awkward in the military which he hated, a disappointment to his father, who died early in his life and bullied by his mother and sister. He always fell for women who rejected him, including the wife of Wagner who was practically everything he wasn't. He allowed himself to be humiliated by anther love interest who drew him into a bizarre platonic love triangle where she dominated both men.

Dostoevsky seems to have been Nietzsche's doppleganger, having a very similar childhood with a conservative strict military minded father who he disappointed by becoming an artist. He achieved stardom while still immature and he made a fool of himself by allowing his fame to go to his head and he was roundly mocked when it did. He also martyred himself to various women, and then became a compulsive gambler and wretch when he married the love interest that finally accepted his proposal.

When Nietzsche discovered Dostoevsky's writings (the reverse never happened) it was like holding up a mirror to himself. He was stunned and bewildered. He was fascinated, but it may have been too much for him to process... and he was finally undone.... he went mad and died in this condition.

In the end Dostoevsky "returned to the fold" of his father, taking responsibility for himself and his family, overcoming addiction and became a hero of his fatherland Russia. Nietzsche on the other hand went mad, believing himself a God and that he was being crucified like Jesus or torn apart like Dionysos.

Nietzsche foreshadowed the advent of our modern calamities... the end of religion and communal values spawned the most diabolical totalitarian states and saw the most brutal destruction that man has ever brought upon man... we have yet to solve some of the ecological problems of this age.

But apparently becoming God wasn't all it was cracked up to be for a weak man like Nietzsche. In the meantime Dostoevsky demonstrates that accepting responsibility by reconciling with the cultural "father", like in the parable of the prodigal son, is becoming a real man, not a God. Perhaps this is what it really means to find God in our modern world, returning to traditional transcendant values of responsibility and self respect.

Not bad.....
could have been a lot shorter without the screed... and the outing of random internet acquaintances as "narcissists"....
But I learned a few things.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:35 pm

I learned that podcast sounds like ass.
So like CM reviewing Common Sense - thank you for your sacrifice of time.
:clap: :dance: :clap:
You have saved others untold hours with your service.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:45 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:35 pm
I appreciate it too DY, I find Martyrmade a litte harder to listen to, and Bonelli and can't even listen to. I'm a sensitive bitch when it comes to voice and delivery.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:20 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:35 pm
At your service.
>salutes<
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:36 am

DrYouth wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:30 pm

Here are my take home points, if any of you want to skip 5 hours of audio...

:text-thankyouyellow:

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:31 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Sun Sep 05, 2021 2:30 pm
So what's your take on his insights or beliefs on narcissism, compulsions, addictions, divided mind et cetera?

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:10 am

doc_loliday wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:31 pm
So what's your take on his insights or beliefs on narcissism, compulsions, addictions, divided mind et cetera?
Cooper gets most of it right, like he always does.
He just got stuck in a rut on a narcissist hunt... (focussing on a specific kind of male beta cuck narcissist)...
Other than that he was bang on the money.

Paranoia and narcissism are related in exactly the way he says.
Addictions and compulsions can be illustrated by the metaphor of a divided mind that pushes the self increasingly to the observer role, demanding increasing rationalization until the abyss engulfs the agent self completely.
Cooper knows his stuff.

What did you think, doc?

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:35 am

I'm going to have to listen to this episode.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Tue Sep 07, 2021 12:23 pm

It was great that Cooper made Nietzsche into an illustration of a sort of inside his head nut job contradiction that he apparently was. I only wish he would have delved more thoroughly into Dostoevsky biography, and been more clear about how he got out of it. AKA a redemption arch. Don't worry I will on my own show. Whenever I decide to lol. If I ever go back to podcasting it'll be to go over the Chekhov and Dostoevsky I've read.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/detail/ ... myhimm_2_1

Cheers nibbas
The good, the true, & the beautiful