MartyrMade

heydaralon

Re: MartyrMade

Post by heydaralon » Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:39 pm

Alexander PhiAlipson wrote:
heydaralon wrote:The Aztecs are my favorite pre-Columbian group. They were brutal, but also had a complex interesting society. Part of their belief system compelled them to keep their cities clean for the gods. In contrast to the dirty cities of Europe, the Aztec cities were immaculate. When the conquistadors saw the city for the first time, they were shocked at how clean it was, and half believed that they were in some sort of supernatural realm.
Tower of human skulls in Mexico casts new light on Aztecs
Yuh, they liked to keep things tidy--to keep more room for their skull collections.
Reuters wrote:Archaeologists have found more than 650 skulls caked in lime and thousands of fragments in the cylindrical edifice near the site of the Templo Mayor, one of the main temples in the Aztec capital Tenochtitlan, which later became Mexico City.

The tower is believed to form part of the Huey Tzompantli, a massive array of skulls that struck fear into the Spanish conquistadores when they captured the city under Hernan Cortes, and mentioned the structure in contemporary accounts.

Historians relate how the severed heads of captured warriors adorned tzompantli, or skull racks, found in a number of Mesoamerican cultures before the Spanish conquest.

But the archaeological dig in the bowels of old Mexico City that began in 2015 suggests that picture was not complete.

"We were expecting just men, obviously young men, as warriors would be, and the thing about the women and children is that you'd think they wouldn't be going to war," said Rodrigo Bolanos, a biological anthropologist investigating the find.
So... not just warriors, eh? Perhaps the women and children were more tender. No wonder so many natives joined with the Spanish to wipe out the Aztecs.
lol I'm not arguing that it was some kind of edenistic utopia before the spaniards showed up. They were an extremely violent people. But they did sweep and maintain their cities for religious regions. The cities were clean enough that the Spaniards took note of it.
Shikata ga nai

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Sun Jul 02, 2017 2:21 am

MartyrMade is a strong, strong podcast
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:24 pm

i'm rooting for cortez way more than i did when my teachers told me how mean he was to the poor innocent natives that dindu nothing wrong.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:45 am

What the hell was going on in Australian Aboriginal ritual combat if fathers and sons died and had to be eaten all the time?
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:26 am

The new Drunken Taoist has Daniele Bollelli interviewing Darryl Cooper.

Its a great conversation

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:50 pm

Yea good conversation with DB. Anyone think he'll actually restart the Decline podcast? Dudes too busy / he has a day job allegedly in like weapons manufacturing , but I think its really running Stuff Black People Don't Like website. :angelic-blueglow:
The good, the true, & the beautiful

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:59 pm

Ok tinfoil hat..

He caught a lot of heat for what he did with Israel and him and his partner are not eager to pursue the subject any further. That's my take and it is what it is. He frankly is border line alt right so I'll just fucking say it. Everyone on the alt right knows him.

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:10 pm

GloryofGreece wrote:Yea good conversation with DB. Anyone think he'll actually restart the Decline podcast? Dudes too busy / he has a day job allegedly in like weapons manufacturing , but I think its really running Stuff Black People Don't Like website. :angelic-blueglow:
He stopped Daniele from pursuing that question at the end of the interview.

Hell, I wouldn't mind them having a 2 hour talk once every two months or so

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:23 pm

California wrote:
GloryofGreece wrote:Yea good conversation with DB. Anyone think he'll actually restart the Decline podcast? Dudes too busy / he has a day job allegedly in like weapons manufacturing , but I think its really running Stuff Black People Don't Like website. :angelic-blueglow:
He stopped Daniele from pursuing that question at the end of the interview.

Hell, I wouldn't mind them having a 2 hour talk once every two months or so
Why do you think he didn't want to talk about it? Maybe its simply he doesn't know what the fuck he's doing with that idea of a podcast, or he's going to go full Paul Kersey on their ass and get really real about what "declining" the West. I mean he did hint simply that he's planning on revamping it on his latest Martyr Made episode, so knows but I wouldn't count on it at this point. Sucks really b/c he had a good thing going there for a while. Can't be too mad though cause he'll respond to pretty much all my PMs on the JRE board. Its funny when he trolls slightly liberal posters there. Boy does he hate the smell of commie bullshit. He's 36 and still shit post...good times.
The good, the true, & the beautiful

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:26 pm

I wish I talked to Darryl....