MartyrMade

TheReal_ND

Re: MartyrMade

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:32 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:29 pm
Speaker to Animals wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:09 pm
MartyrMade was actually much better than Carlin or that Italian guy. The only thing that would have been interesting to me is if an Israeli historian were to put out in English his own take on the birth of his nation, and then the two of them discussed it for a few episodes.

Imagine if an Israeli podcaster with a history background tackled it as a response series, and after each episode, the two of them discussed the differences of opinion.

The Italian guy would be more interesting to me if he discussed more practical matters in history, especially specifics about tactics and warfare since he studies martial arts as well. Lots of people can do podcasts about the big historical events and trends. Maybe go into detail about how people did things and what life was like.

I mean.. even in terms of farming.. a podcast episode on how medieval people produced food, the technology they used, and how they organized their days and planned their harvests would be interesting to me.

I would enjoy an entire episode on how they built water mills and used them. But maybe I am weird like that.
Bolleli has his share of good shows, but he doesn't even deserve to smell Cooper's shit. Not that he isn't good, he is, but not in the same league. Also, I've listened to him do interviews with Carlin and they both expose their liberal cuckold colors pretty quickly, no offense to either of them.

I would like to see an episode on what an average church service was like for any given period of time for any given religion. No one ever discusses that, but don't you think it would be crazy to imagine what an early Christian service was like in Rome when it wasn't the dominant religion, contrasted with a Medieval Church service? Not a full series or anything, but a micro history-episode.

I would also like to hear an episode on some of the competing dogmas of the Early Church, like Arianism, or maybe jump ahead a few centuries to the Cathars and Buggers and the subsequent conflicts that followed.

Latin Mass and whatever the Greek Orthodox version is haven't changed all that much for hundreds of years. From what I hear there isn't really any doctrine for how Latin Mass is organized in America so maybe ours can vary depending on the priest.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:37 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:05 pm
TheReal_ND wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:21 pm
I just caught up on the last few episodes. Wild stuff. I don't like Freudian psychology but he does manage to tie it into cannibalism quite well.
Doesn't he though...

Carlin and Bollelli are both good at getting into the dark side.... think painfotainment, history of childhood, gladiators etc.
But Cooper is the absolute master of the dark side...

Which of course makes me worry about him when he disappears for a while... it's possible to be too good at understanding the dark side....

[insert darth siddeus meme here]
I can't into bollelli. I just can't bring myself to pull the trigger on him. Sell me on bollelli.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:48 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:32 pm
heydaralon wrote:
MartyrMade was actually much better than Carlin or that Italian guy. The only thing that would have been interesting to me is if an Israeli historian were to put out in English his own take on the birth of his nation, and then the two of them discussed it for a few episodes.

Imagine if an Israeli podcaster with a history background tackled it as a response series, and after each episode, the two of them discussed the differences of opinion.

The Italian guy would be more interesting to me if he discussed more practical matters in history, especially specifics about tactics and warfare since he studies martial arts as well. Lots of people can do podcasts about the big historical events and trends. Maybe go into detail about how people did things and what life was like.

I mean.. even in terms of farming.. a podcast episode on how medieval people produced food, the technology they used, and how they organized their days and planned their harvests would be interesting to me.

I would enjoy an entire episode on how they built water mills and used them. But maybe I am weird like that.
Bolleli has his share of good shows, but he doesn't even deserve to smell Cooper's shit. Not that he isn't good, he is, but not in the same league. Also, I've listened to him do interviews with Carlin and they both expose their liberal cuckold colors pretty quickly, no offense to either of them.

I would like to see an episode on what an average church service was like for any given period of time for any given religion. No one ever discusses that, but don't you think it would be crazy to imagine what an early Christian service was like in Rome when it wasn't the dominant religion, contrasted with a Medieval Church service? Not a full series or anything, but a micro history-episode.

I would also like to hear an episode on some of the competing dogmas of the Early Church, like Arianism, or maybe jump ahead a few centuries to the Cathars and Buggers and the subsequent conflicts that followed.

Latin Mass and whatever the Greek Orthodox version is haven't changed all that much for hundreds of years. From what I hear there isn't really any doctrine for how Latin Mass is organized in America so maybe ours can vary depending on the priest.
I don't speak a word of Latin or Greek, but I'd be interested to see how religious services changed. What was important to the people of 1000 years ago spirituality wise vs what is important today. If they have not changed much at all, that would also be interesting to see.
Shikata ga nai

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:51 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:32 pm
heydaralon wrote:

The Latin mass has been pretty much the same for about a thousand years, with I think some small changes. Priests have no discretion to alter the mass outside of what options are given. A priest who makes shit up in a mass is defrocked really fucking fast. I think that happened once in the archdiocese of Chicago. Even in a diocese controlled by homosexuals and far liberals they were like hell fucking no this guy has to go.

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:51 pm

Christian service has changed a lot since the 1st century AD. And it changed a lot circa 1200 AD. Then it changed some circa 1965 AD.

For example, during the Middle Ages, Mass would be celebrated in huge open areas , and then off to the side you'd have smaller masses going on congruently. Also, people that could would pay for their mini services etc. Latin as we know it wasn't in the Catholic service until around 1200 AD and then know one knew what the hell the Priest were saying.

Cooper would be good at tackling the different heresies or civil war within the Church. If he was inclined to do so, which I don't know if he is that interested.

LOL at STA with the watermill stuff. I'm sure myth busters or some such mechanical "show" on the "History channel" / or Mountain Men or what have you. has covered something approaching that. It is fascinating how people just got enough damn water to their crops during the High Middle Ages.

I'd like to hear one on the social-religious aspects of Medieval life. For example, did people really essentially work a 3rd of their time roughly speaking? How many feast days were there and how were the days like?
The good, the true, & the beautiful

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:52 pm

I'm under the impression Latin and Greek mass hasnt really changed. I could be wrong about that. There wasn't really any real need to change it because they weren't hammering shit to doors like petulant children.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:53 pm

These total madmen have brought you a 15th century mass:

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:57 pm

Martin Luther was a crypto jew btw

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:01 pm

The man who wrote On the Jews and Their Lies was a crypto-jew now?

I thought you'd be a fan. He hated Jews.
There is no other explanation for this than the one cited earlier from Moses - namely, that God has struck [the Jews] with 'madness and blindness and confusion of mind' [Deuteronomy 28:28]. So we are even at fault in not avenging all this innocent blood of our Lord and of the Christians which they shed for three hundred years after the destruction of Jerusalem, and the blood of the children they have shed since then (which still shines forth from their eyes and their skin). We are at fault in not slaying them.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:06 pm

Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:01 pm
The man who wrote On the Jews and Their Lies was a crypto-jew now?

I thought you'd be a fan. He hated Jews.
There is no other explanation for this than the one cited earlier from Moses - namely, that God has struck [the Jews] with 'madness and blindness and confusion of mind' [Deuteronomy 28:28]. So we are even at fault in not avenging all this innocent blood of our Lord and of the Christians which they shed for three hundred years after the destruction of Jerusalem, and the blood of the children they have shed since then (which still shines forth from their eyes and their skin). We are at fault in not slaying them.
He started off his career lauding the Jews. He was a judeaisng reformer just like all the Protestants after him. They worship Jews and think they are super based. It was only after he worked with Jews to undermine Christendom that he realized their lies.