Jason Stapleton Program

User avatar
California
Trek
Posts: 3869
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:37 pm

Re: Jason Stapleton Program

Post by California » Mon May 29, 2017 2:38 pm

Yeah, when I was listening to that segment I was like

Image

I was still stuck in that "tax-the-shit-out-of-the-rich-because-they-can-afford-it" mentality and it was all put in the clear to me. Connecticut was leaning so heavily on these 100 people, these 100 people were paying such a high percentage of the tax revenue, that when they had a bad year the whole state suffered from lack of funds. And these people weren't even running away like common knowledge tells us people will do when they are taxed too much, they just simply weren't producing the "revenue" anymore
Vox populi, vox dei
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

User avatar
Fife
Nuke
Posts: 13099
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:47 am

Re: Jason Stapleton Program

Post by Fife » Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:13 am

Really good interview episode Friday with Jack Spirko from http://www.thesurvivalpodcast.com/.

Have any of you every listened to any of Spirko's podcasts? I usually think I'm not half-bad on being prepped, but this interview made me both happy and depressed at the same time... thinking of how much time, energy, and resources I'm wasting by just not being more thoughtful and efficient. Good stuff.

Spirko talks about his involvement with the LP, and it's failure, and even tries to convince Jason that Jason is a Volunarist! :goteam:


https://jasonstapleton.com/612-the-jack-spirko-episode/


know you like talking guns, survival and the end of the world….

Well, maybe we’ll skip the “end is near” discussion, but we are going to talk a lot about becoming autonomous in a world that is increasingly dependent on government.

Jack runs the highly successful Survival Podcast. You can check it out here: http://www.thesurvivalpodcast.com/

But Jack didn’t start out living off the land. He came from the world of online marketing (a man after my own heart) and discovered both a joy for podcasting and a passion for sharing his ideas and insights with others.

Jack is crushing it. This episode is going to enlighten and inspire you. Give it a listen.

Jason

User avatar
Fife
Nuke
Posts: 13099
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:47 am

Re: Jason Stapleton Program

Post by Fife » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:47 am

Jason is back with more red pills than should be allowed in 47 minutes.

Pow! Pow! Pow pow pow!


6:25 - Price gouging explained.
18:19 - Trump re-opens availability of Military Surplus for Police
25:13 - ANTIFA at Berkeley
35:56 - ACLU moves to sue Trump over Transgender Ban
41:52 - Denmark targets massive tax burden



User avatar
California
Trek
Posts: 3869
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:37 pm

Re: Jason Stapleton Program

Post by California » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:20 pm

Fife wrote:Jason is back with more red pills than should be allowed in 47 minutes.

Pow! Pow! Pow pow pow!


6:25 - Price gouging explained.
18:19 - Trump re-opens availability of Military Surplus for Police
25:13 - ANTIFA at Berkeley
35:56 - ACLU moves to sue Trump over Transgender Ban
41:52 - Denmark targets massive tax burden


This episode was epic
Vox populi, vox dei
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

User avatar
SuburbanFarmer
Nuke
Posts: 18174
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:50 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Jason Stapleton Program

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:04 am

x
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

User avatar
SuburbanFarmer
Nuke
Posts: 18174
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:50 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Jason Stapleton Program

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:33 am

Fife wrote:If anybody wants to sample Stapleton, yesterday's show would be a pretty good introduction.


https://jasonstapleton.com/604-st-louis ... cks-rally/

We knew this was coming. For all the talk of a recovery, the numbers just aren’t playing out the way the Fed suggested.

And if you thought the Fed had a broad range of options to deal with a stagnant economy, low inflation, and falling GDP think again.

In typical fashion Jim Bullard, head of the St. Louis Fed suggested that future QE might be needed.

How many times do we have to repeat the past before we learn from it?

Connecticut is learning. Time and again they’ve exploited the richest in their state to pay for their bloated budgets, but that’s not working anymore.

They now face a 400 million dollar shortfall this year.

It turns out you can’t just tax the rich to pay for all the “stuff” you want.

The real monster eating our nation isn’t the rich or the poor. It’s not the Republicans or Democrats. What’s destroying our nation is the government itself. That greedy, self-serving, animal that does nothing but take and consume.

Until we decided to draw a line in the sand and bind down out government nothing will save us.

Jason


I'm really enjoying this. It's rare to hear someone his age woke about the economy.

I'm stealing that term now, because that's what it should refer to. It's not about racial/social bullshit - these are the real mechanisms driving the world.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

User avatar
California
Trek
Posts: 3869
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:37 pm

Re: Jason Stapleton Program

Post by California » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:36 am

Take his 10 episode challenge GCF, I think you'll enjoy it
Vox populi, vox dei
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

User avatar
SuburbanFarmer
Nuke
Posts: 18174
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:50 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Jason Stapleton Program

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:51 am

California wrote:
Fife wrote:Jason is back with more red pills than should be allowed in 47 minutes.

Pow! Pow! Pow pow pow!


6:25 - Price gouging explained.
18:19 - Trump re-opens availability of Military Surplus for Police
25:13 - ANTIFA at Berkeley
35:56 - ACLU moves to sue Trump over Transgender Ban
41:52 - Denmark targets massive tax burden


This episode was epic
Re: price gouging.
While I do understand the concept, you're effectively at the mercy of the local store managers pricing model. If they fuck that up, people can get hurt.

It also assumes that everyone in need has the resources to pay that higher price. If you're in a temporary financial bind, and your kids need water, this is a problem.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

User avatar
California
Trek
Posts: 3869
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:37 pm

Re: Jason Stapleton Program

Post by California » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:10 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
California wrote:
Fife wrote:Jason is back with more red pills than should be allowed in 47 minutes.

Pow! Pow! Pow pow pow!


6:25 - Price gouging explained.
18:19 - Trump re-opens availability of Military Surplus for Police
25:13 - ANTIFA at Berkeley
35:56 - ACLU moves to sue Trump over Transgender Ban
41:52 - Denmark targets massive tax burden


This episode was epic
Re: price gouging.
While I do understand the concept, you're effectively at the mercy of the local store managers pricing model. If they fuck that up, people can get hurt.

It also assumes that everyone in need has the resources to pay that higher price. If you're in a temporary financial bind, and your kids need water, this is a problem.
But its even more of a problem if there is no water at all because prices remained normal and someone came and bought two pallets
Vox populi, vox dei
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

User avatar
SuburbanFarmer
Nuke
Posts: 18174
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:50 am
Location: Ohio

Re: Jason Stapleton Program

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:21 am

California wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
California wrote: This episode was epic
Re: price gouging.
While I do understand the concept, you're effectively at the mercy of the local store managers pricing model. If they fuck that up, people can get hurt.

It also assumes that everyone in need has the resources to pay that higher price. If you're in a temporary financial bind, and your kids need water, this is a problem.
But its even more of a problem if there is no water at all because prices remained normal and someone came and bought two pallets
Agreed. I just think there has to be some middle ground between unlimited pricing to preserve the last 2 bottles, and a free-for-all.
We should get some mathematicians on this, and come up with a standard formula.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace