Carlinites Turned on Their Leader

Speaker to Animals

Re: Carlinites Turned on Their Leader

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed May 03, 2017 10:54 am

Equality of opportunity is okay.

It's equality of outcomes where shit gets bad real fast.

To have equality of opportunity, all American kids have access to a decent education. They all have the same chance at being admitted to a particular university. The standards are the same for everybody. Everybody rises on merit rather than identity.

When you seek equality of outcomes, you have to destroy equality of opportunity. You have to select some people for admission over others because of their race or their gender. You have to meet diversity quotas even when, based on people's free choices, you could never really meet it without compromising your business or academic rigor.

Right now we are stuck in between the two principles because the left wants equality of outcomes while the rest of us want equality before the law.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed May 03, 2017 11:05 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:Equality of opportunity is okay.

It's equality of outcomes where shit gets bad real fast.

To have equality of opportunity, all American kids have access to a decent education. They all have the same chance at being admitted to a particular university. The standards are the same for everybody. Everybody rises on merit rather than identity.

When you seek equality of outcomes, you have to destroy equality of opportunity. You have to select some people for admission over others because of their race or their gender. You have to meet diversity quotas even when, based on people's free choices, you could never really meet it without compromising your business or academic rigor.

Right now we are stuck in between the two principles because the left wants equality of outcomes while the rest of us want equality before the law.
So many absolute declarations. How many colors here, 2?

SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

K@th

Post by K@th » Wed May 03, 2017 1:10 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:

So many absolute declarations. How many colors here, 2?

Quit pretending the spectrum is real. Everything is binary. EVERYTHING!
Account abandoned.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed May 03, 2017 1:12 pm

Kath wrote:Quit pretending the spectrum is real. Everything is binary. EVERYTHING!
You obviously are not aware that I now only have one eye. No more binary for me.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Fri May 05, 2017 7:34 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Kath wrote:Quit pretending the spectrum is real. Everything is binary. EVERYTHING!
You obviously are not aware that I now only have one eye. No more binary for me.
Did she just assume your ocular amount?

Ph64

Post by Ph64 » Fri May 05, 2017 10:24 am

Xenophon wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:
Did she just assume your ocular amount?
Where are the SJWs protesting binocular bigotry when you need them? :roll:

(Obviously though they are all blind to anything but their own ideas, and the one eyed man is king. 8-) )
"People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome."

K@th

Post by K@th » Fri May 05, 2017 10:24 am

I don't know what you guys are talking about, but it appears you are having a good time. Carry on!
Account abandoned.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri May 05, 2017 10:34 am

Kath wrote:I don't know what you guys are talking about, but it appears you are having a good time. Carry on!
It's All Fun & Games Until Someone Loses An Eye
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change