Carlinites Turned on Their Leader

Xenophon

Re: Carlinites Turned on Their Leader

Post by Xenophon » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:21 am

heydaralon wrote:I think he lied about having a family too for listener sympathy. I can't believe I fell for that one.
BEN WAS NEVER SICK!!!

Fife

Post by Fife » Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:36 am

katarn

Post by katarn » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:09 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Martin Hash wrote: When I started listening to CS, it was Top 20; now it's not even in the Top 100 podcast downloads.
Probably because there's nothing to download.. :lol:
Lot more choice, and CS really doesn't stand out anymore. I don't think Dan lost many listeners, but I doubt they are preaching the gospel to their friends like they used to do. I certainly never recommend CS anymore even though I still listen to it.
Same. CS isn't the firebrand it was, both for having seemingly moved views and for a growth of competition. Dan inspired a bumper crop of podcasters who now have their own successful shows, and the medium has grown commensurately. That a lot of radio programs like This American Life also put out episodes as podcasts further dilutes the medium.
"Stone walls do not a prison make, nor iron bars a cage...
If I have freedom in my love
And in my soul am free,
Angels alone that soar above
Enjoy such Liberty" - Richard Lovelace

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Mon May 01, 2017 4:34 pm

I knew something was off about Dan Carlin's dating site profile pic. When I met him I found out that he lied about his height, and now I know why he always wears a hat... I just told him that I had to use the bathroom and left him with the check. The way I look at it, I paid for that meal anyway because I have been giving him a buck a show for years now.
Shikata ga nai

K@th

Post by K@th » Wed May 03, 2017 7:38 am

So now that some of you realize that some of us were right; there will be no wall, there will be no Mexico paying for the wall, Trump has no desire to clean the swamp, etc., etc ...

Is Dan still a cuck or do you now agree that Trump wasn't the savior he promised he would be?

Anyway, we have 1,300+ days to watch the comedy unfold. I'm looking for more history lessons. And, really, why hasn't anyone wondered why we had a Civil War, hmmmm?

Truly, nobody knew that running a super power would be so difficult.

:lol:
Account abandoned.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed May 03, 2017 7:59 am

Kath wrote:So now that some of you realize that some of us were right; there will be no wall, there will be no Mexico paying for the wall, Trump has no desire to clean the swamp, etc., etc ...

Is Dan still a cuck or do you now agree that Trump wasn't the savior he promised he would be?

Anyway, we have 1,300+ days to watch the comedy unfold. I'm looking for more history lessons. And, really, why hasn't anyone wondered why we had a Civil War, hmmmm?

Truly, nobody knew that running a super power would be so difficult.

:lol:
Kath, you weren't here during Dump-Trump, can't gloat now.

p.s. Dan is still a cuck. How not to cuck
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

K@th

Post by K@th » Wed May 03, 2017 8:17 am

Martin Hash wrote:
What? I have to stop bitching about Trump because you all started? I'm the trailblazer, baby! :lol:
Account abandoned.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed May 03, 2017 8:21 am

Kath wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:
What? I have to stop bitching about Trump because you all started? I'm the trailblazer, baby! :lol:
Arite, for you, grandmothered in...
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

K@th

Post by K@th » Wed May 03, 2017 8:24 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Good, because this clown show is going to last for four years. We could have a new "what dopey thing did Trump say, now?" thread, every day with fresh material.

And my prediction was correct. Congress is aiming to hold him to his constitutional powers. This could be a win.
Account abandoned.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Wed May 03, 2017 8:26 am

Kath wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:
Good, because this clown show is going to last for four years. We could have a new "what dopey thing did Trump say, now?" thread, every day with fresh material.

And my prediction was correct. Congress is aiming to hold him to his constitutional powers. This could be a win.
We could, but you know what would happen. It would get swamped with 3 pages of antifa videos and recipes for food - a forum filibuster.
Sadly, the conservatards still hold a super-majority around here.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0