Carlinites Turned on Their Leader

SuburbanFarmer

Re: Carlinites Turned on Their Leader

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:56 am

Kath wrote:
DrYouth wrote:So you cancelled eh? Haven't done that yet.... But I probably should.
Probably should flip the monthly contributions over to my new favourite podcasts.
Yes. I'll always have a soft spot for Dan, but frankly, I haven't really been listening as much. I'm 6-7 episodes behind on HH, even. I haven't been over the moon happy about the topics he picked the last couple of times, and those are now, what, a year+ investment? With no more CS, I was literally just helping to support the forum's upkeep.
I listen to all of them twice, at least. That said, I didn't really enjoy the Persian/ancient history thing either. He's depending almost entirely on 1-2 sources, and it's very hard to know what actually happened...
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:02 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:
Haumana wrote: More popular as in more palatable to more people? His view has been much less alien and more status quo of late so I wouldn't be surprised.
When I started listening to CS, it was Top 20; now it's not even in the Top 100 podcast downloads.

OUCH.

Dan's Twitter is an echo chamber, but I think a couple months ago another podcaster called him out. Maybe it was the Decline of the West guy.

Called him out to what? Join his club of podcasters that don't release podcasts?

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:04 pm

Kath wrote:
DrYouth wrote:So you cancelled eh? Haven't done that yet.... But I probably should.
Probably should flip the monthly contributions over to my new favourite podcasts.
Yes. I'll always have a soft spot for Dan, but frankly, I haven't really been listening as much. I'm 6-7 episodes behind on HH, even. I haven't been over the moon happy about the topics he picked the last couple of times, and those are now, what, a year+ investment? With no more CS, I was literally just helping to support the forum's upkeep.

7 episodes behind on HH? That's what probably 2011 Kath.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:04 pm

doc_loliday wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
Martin Hash wrote: When I started listening to CS, it was Top 20; now it's not even in the Top 100 podcast downloads.

OUCH.

Dan's Twitter is an echo chamber, but I think a couple months ago another podcaster called him out. Maybe it was the Decline of the West guy.

Called him out to what? Join his club of podcasters that don't release podcasts?
Darrel lol. Fug what was it? Someone posted the stuff here it was hilarious. I think it was over Berkeley 1.0 and Milo

doc_loliday

Post by doc_loliday » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:06 pm

When/where did he do that? He hasn't released any content in months.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:08 pm

Couple months ago. Someone had some caps posted here.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:05 pm

Sometimes I stay awake at night wondering who hates America more: Dan Carlin or Abu Bakr Al-Baghdadi? I lean towards Baghdadi because he runs an actual terror group, but Dan Carlin has shown repeatedly that he is against everything this country stands for. He used to be in some kind of leftist protest group that took marching orders from Moscow. They used to call him Dan Potemkim.
Shikata ga nai

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:28 pm

heydaralon wrote:Sometimes I stay awake at night wondering who hates America more: Dan Carlin or Abu Bakr Al-Baghdadi? I lean towards Baghdadi because he runs an actual terror group, but Dan Carlin has shown repeatedly that he is against everything this country stands for. He used to be in some kind of leftist protest group that took marching orders from Moscow. They used to call him Dan Potemkim.
I hear he founded ISIS, actually. That's where your buck-a-show goes.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:32 pm

I think he lied about having a family too for listener sympathy. I can't believe I fell for that one.
Shikata ga nai

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:34 pm

heydaralon wrote:I think he lied about having a family too for listener sympathy. I can't believe I fell for that one.
Hes a Russian Muslim. Everybody knows it.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace