Carlinites Turned on Their Leader

Speaker to Animals

Re: Carlinites Turned on Their Leader

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:24 pm

Penner wrote:
heydaralon wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Buck a show is what - $1/year now? Still pretty cheap, imo...
Shit its probably more like .87/ year at this point.
I feel like Common Sense is getting more popular as time is passing.

:lol:

Penner

Post by Penner » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:36 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Penner wrote:
heydaralon wrote:
Shit its probably more like .87/ year at this point.
I feel like Common Sense is getting more popular as time is passing.

:lol:

Dude is like still doing interviews about Common Sense and not just about Hardcore History.

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:36 pm

I wish Dan was still active on the forums so we could troll him and badger him relentlessly about releasing new episodes. Those were the days. I miss that.
Shikata ga nai

Penner

Post by Penner » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:41 pm

I have always liked those covers for some of the old Hardcore History podcasts. I know they were not made by Ben or Dan but still, they were nice to see them back in the day, at the old DCF.

I also really miss Hardcore History. It feels like it has been like years since he has put a new one out (and yeah, I know what was the last one but still it feels like he hasn't made anything new in a while and is only doing his Common Sense shows).

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:52 pm

Penner wrote:I feel like Common Sense is getting more popular as time is passing.
More popular as in more palatable to more people? His view has been much less alien and more status quo of late so I wouldn't be surprised.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:47 pm

Haumana wrote:
Penner wrote:I feel like Common Sense is getting more popular as time is passing.
More popular as in more palatable to more people? His view has been much less alien and more status quo of late so I wouldn't be surprised.
When I started listening to CS, it was Top 20; now it's not even in the Top 100 podcast downloads.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:13 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
Haumana wrote:
When I started listening to CS, it was Top 20; now it's not even in the Top 100 podcast downloads.

OUCH.

Dan's Twitter is an echo chamber, but I think a couple months ago another podcaster called him out. Maybe it was the Decline of the West guy.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:11 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Haumana wrote:
Probably because there's nothing to download.. :lol:
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:15 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Martin Hash wrote:
Haumana wrote: More popular as in more palatable to more people? His view has been much less alien and more status quo of late so I wouldn't be surprised.
Probably because there's nothing to download.. :lol:
Lot more choice, and CS really doesn't stand out anymore. I don't think Dan lost many listeners, but I doubt they are preaching the gospel to their friends like they used to do. I certainly never recommend CS anymore even though I still listen to it.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

K@th

Post by K@th » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:47 am

DrYouth wrote:So you cancelled eh? Haven't done that yet.... But I probably should.
Probably should flip the monthly contributions over to my new favourite podcasts.
Yes. I'll always have a soft spot for Dan, but frankly, I haven't really been listening as much. I'm 6-7 episodes behind on HH, even. I haven't been over the moon happy about the topics he picked the last couple of times, and those are now, what, a year+ investment? With no more CS, I was literally just helping to support the forum's upkeep.
Account abandoned.