What Book Are You Reading at the Moment?

heydaralon

Re: What Book Are You Reading at the Moment?

Post by heydaralon » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:28 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:24 am
heydaralon wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:22 am

Nah man America did some cool as stuff back in the day. Hastur knows whats up.
What's not cool about massacring savages and conquering Mexico ?

What are you, some sort of commie faggot ?
we didn't massacre them. Those Indians live pretty good now btw. I'm more talking about how Americans went out west into the Wilderness and literally made a civilization with infastructure and a baller ass economy. All those towns out west were just buffalo shit and tumbleweed before American pioneers turned them into booming places. They did that in short order. That is whats cool. The Mexican War was one of defense anyway. They shouldn't have provoked us so no I don't feel bad for them.
Shikata ga nai

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:29 am

America only fights defensive wars.
Shikata ga nai

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:35 am

heydaralon wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:29 am
Who said massacring the Indians wasn't defensive ?

They were savages, they were raping and a pillaging the white folk.

America defends itself, by massacring the enemy

How else did you think it's done ? Judo ?
Nec Aspera Terrent

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:38 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:35 am
heydaralon wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:29 am
Who said massacring the Indians wasn't defensive ?

They were savages, they were raping and a pillaging the white folk.

America defends itself, by massacring the enemy, how else did you think it's done ? Judo ?
Nobody wanted to Massacre the Indians. We gave them the chance to manifest their own destiny in some beautiful tracts of land we put aside just for them. That land was often full of gold and natural resources. Some Indians decided that our generous offer was not to their liking, and left the nice area we suggested they live and the rest is history. Not our fault or our problem that the Indians decided to dishonorably renege on the contract we made with them.
Shikata ga nai

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:40 am

heydaralon wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:28 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:24 am
heydaralon wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:22 am

Nah man America did some cool as stuff back in the day. Hastur knows whats up.
What's not cool about massacring savages and conquering Mexico ?

What are you, some sort of commie faggot ?
we didn't massacre them. Those Indians live pretty good now btw. I'm more talking about how Americans went out west into the Wilderness and literally made a civilization with infastructure and a baller ass economy. All those towns out west were just buffalo shit and tumbleweed before American pioneers turned them into booming places. They did that in short order. That is whats cool. The Mexican War was one of defense anyway. They shouldn't have provoked us so no I don't feel bad for them.
Yes. America brought civilization to the west. The barbaric Indians and weak Mexicans got in the way but the project was never about them.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:44 am

heydaralon wrote:
I'm more talking about how Americans went out west into the Wilderness and literally made a civilization with infastructure and a baller ass economy.
Actually, there was almost nothing west of the Missouri until gold was discovered in California.

Everybody basically went all at once, in 1849.

They weren't pioneers neither. It was all city folk from back east looking to strike it rich.

Mostly the baller ass economy was prostitution, that's how the Trump family made their first fortune,

Hookers & Blow, same as it ever was.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:47 am

One huge problem is the eternal youth culture. Westerners are just overgrown children at this stage. Why is the teenager the ideal? Teenagers don't know shit. We should strive for something higher. Something that is harder to attain. Enlightenment, endurance and perseverance that leads to achievements against hardship. Do you think the people who settled the West worshiped teenagers? Nope.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:59 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:44 am
heydaralon wrote:
I'm more talking about how Americans went out west into the Wilderness and literally made a civilization with infastructure and a baller ass economy.

Hookers & Blow
That is a good thing though.
Shikata ga nai

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:06 am

Hastur wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:47 am
One huge problem is the eternal youth culture. Westerners are just overgrown children at this stage. Why is the teenager the ideal? Teenagers don't know shit. We should strive for something higher. Something that is harder to attain. Enlightenment, endurance and perseverance that leads to achievements against hardship. Do you think the people who settled the West worshiped teenagers? Nope.
There are some folks who just love adversity for adversity's sake, because they think it builds their character. There are others who love adversity because they see it as a long journey to prosperity.

But we have prosperity, despite what Bernie faggots think. Poor people in America are fat. They have smartphones and gadgets that would seem like star trek to people 50 years ago.

So what now? We should needlessly make stuff hard so we can strive for the prosperity we already have?

Personally, I think collectively striving for "Enlightenment" sounds like some totalitarian type ideal. Many Americans are lazy stupid and weak. I am too. But, I also know that schemes to improve morality or re engineer man do not end very well. I'd rather have a free debauched nation than a puritanical and collectivist life spent in waiting for "enlightenment." I don't have kids. I love America but if it collapses after I die so be it.
Last edited by heydaralon on Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Shikata ga nai

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:06 am

heydaralon wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:59 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:44 am
heydaralon wrote:

Hookers & Blow
That is a good thing though.
Indeed, and don't forget Opium & Gambling
Nec Aspera Terrent