What Book Are You Reading at the Moment?

heydaralon

Re: What Book Are You Reading at the Moment?

Post by heydaralon » Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:16 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:07 am
heydaralon wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:59 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:55 pm

I don't know where this is going to end up, this is postmodern to the point of being uncharted waters.
In the same way that a bunch of Trotskites migrated to the right and formed the neocons, I'll bet a lot of these nasty progressive shitbag professors will also jump ship too. Once a few of them start doing it, it may become a fad and the pitiful groupthink they cannot escape will cause even more defections and make the new status quo more conservative. However, as we have seen with neo cons, often the magic thinking and big govt garbage warps the fundamental character of the party. So short answer idk either. Academics like to view their theories as timeless, but in reality they are every bit as frivolous and changing as clothing fashions.
Well I am a big James Burnham fan and he is the prime example.

I don't think Neocon is used correctly anymore, Neocon now refers to the Bushies, but they weren't Neocons.

The Bushies actually rejected the Neocon model, Cheney went off on his own tangent.

Powell was a Neocon, but he was sidelined by this new thing, Cheneyism, which is unprecedented really.

9/11 was such a shock that it created a whole new paradigm.
I got the Machiavellians on my Kindle. Haven't read it yet, so I can't speak on Burnham's ideas.

Looks good though.

How much of Neo Con thinking affected Obama's agenda especially in the realm of foreign policy? Do you feel that a lot of it carried over?
Shikata ga nai

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:21 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:14 am
Hastur wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:10 am
You need a clear goal.
Actually a common enemy. The Moonshot was just the Cold War.

There was a Cold War truce, the center came together in the face of the Red Menace.
No. An enemy is a false phallos. That is what tyrants use to unify nations. It is not what you need.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:37 am

Hastur wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:21 am
Smitty-48 wrote:
Hastur wrote:
You need a clear goal.

There was a Cold War truce, the center came together in the face of the Red Menace.
No. An enemy is a false phallos. That is what tyrants use to unify nations. It is not what you need.
Tyrants use it for a reason, that shit fucking works.
*yip*

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:40 am

Hastur wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:
Hastur wrote:
You need a clear goal.

You don't know America then, only a common enemy will override the permanent civil war.

There's no such thing as one America kumbaya, never was and there never will be.

War is the force that drives America. Culture is destiny.
Nec Aspera Terrent

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:12 am

StCapps wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:37 am
Hastur wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:

How about you stop talking trash or I choke slam you and then we'll see if I can make you my common enemy? I'd fucking throw you off a cage into a table and shit and then do some Pennywise the clown flashbacks to your worst childhood fears. That dream you had where you were naked at work? I'd fucking do some supernatural shit and make you think it was real. I'd fucking be dancing around a cave with stalagtites and dressed in clown make up. Then we'd see who the best debater is on this internet forum. Then we'd see who is truly "IT."

I am on ambien as I type this. Ambien is a miracle drug btw. It has upped my posting game 2000%
Shikata ga nai

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:14 am

I fucking love ambien.
Shikata ga nai

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:17 am

heydaralon wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:12 am
StCapps wrote:
Hastur wrote:

How about you stop talking trash or I choke slam you and then we'll see if I can make you my common enemy? I'd fucking throw you off a cage into a table and shit and then do some Pennywise the clown flashbacks to your worst childhood fears. That dream you had where you were naked at work? I'd fucking do some supernatural shit and make you think it was real. I'd fucking be dancing around a cave with stalagtites and dressed in clown make up. Then we'd see who the best debater is on this internet forum. Then we'd see who is truly "IT."

I am on ambien as I type this. Ambien is a miracle drug btw. It has upped my posting game 2000%
Go ahead, try to chokeslam me, you'll just get guillotined.
*yip*

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:20 am

StCapps wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:17 am
heydaralon wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:12 am
StCapps wrote:

Go ahead, try to chokeslam me, you'll just get guillotined.
I'd Jackknife Powerbomb you into a barbed wire wrapped trashcan then hand you a pink slip on a pole. You'd be in the steiner recliner before you even knew what hit you. Amateurs like you can talk a tough game, but once they get into the ring they turn into soft putty. I'm not scared of you. And I want you to know that I'm not scared of you. I'm starting to get pissed man for real.
Shikata ga nai

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:26 am

Me and Hastur are on a team vs Capps and Smitty.

Hastur and I don't take kindly to people telling us how to run our country and we sure as shit aren't going to let you both just treat us like a bunch of fucking nobodies. Hastur has been sending me pm's suggesting good threats I should make to you guys and some potential power combo ring moves assuming our teams actually come to blows. We got this mapped out play by play baby. Hastur and Daralon do not back down.
Shikata ga nai

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:29 am

Ok Rampage.

Be careful what you wish for.
*yip*