What Book Are You Reading at the Moment?

Smitty-48

Re: What Book Are You Reading at the Moment?

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:25 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:23 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:23 pm
heydaralon wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 9:35 pm
Its an impressive scam for such imbeciles to pull off. I'm sure it beats working, which is something no liberal arts professor knows anything about.

Regular folks punch a clock, liberal arts faculty swallow cock.
This is what a communist takeover looks like.

Academia is always the vanguard because communism amounts to the rule of academic elitists.

Some people cry for the Rosenberg's getting zapped, but now you know why they deserved it.

This is why we were prepared to use thermonuclear weapons against the rule of these sorts of maniacs.

The Cold War is wrongly framed as some sort of economic contest, but that wasn't the case.

The bulwark was against totalitarians and their absurdist dogma run amok imperiling freedom of conscience itself.
Just seeing how gay and pathetic these professors are gives me some hope. These aren't the people like that one anarchist bolshie who killed his student and plotted shit back in the day. They are weaklings and dumbasses. I'll bet they get confused on what pronouns to call themselves. I doubt they could be the vanguard of anything successful. Too many Americans would see right through it and shut it down fast. We got the courts now wut wut
Well, this is what the Bolsheviks were like too, they were mostly fops, which is why they needed Stalin

There was Lenin and Stalin and Trotsky, the rest of them were weak kneed academics.
Nec Aspera Terrent

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:30 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:25 pm
heydaralon wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:23 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:23 pm

This is what a communist takeover looks like.

Academia is always the vanguard because communism amounts to the rule of academic elitists.

Some people cry for the Rosenberg's getting zapped, but now you know why they deserved it.

This is why we were prepared to use thermonuclear weapons against the rule of these sorts of maniacs.

The Cold War is wrongly framed as some sort of economic contest, but that wasn't the case.

The bulwark was against totalitarians and their absurdist dogma run amok imperiling freedom of conscience itself.
Just seeing how gay and pathetic these professors are gives me some hope. These aren't the people like that one anarchist bolshie who killed his student and plotted shit back in the day. They are weaklings and dumbasses. I'll bet they get confused on what pronouns to call themselves. I doubt they could be the vanguard of anything successful. Too many Americans would see right through it and shut it down fast. We got the courts now wut wut
Well, this is what the Bolsheviks were like too, they were mostly fops, which is why they needed Stalin

There was Lenin and Stalin and Trostky, the rest of them were weak kneed academics.
Who is your pick for American Stalin?

Also these professors who want progressive marxist utopias don't seem to get that if their wish came through, they would be liquidated immediately. No self respecting Communist dictator ever keeps a bunch of ladyboy whiny fags academics around. Stalin, Lenin, Mao, Pol Pot, Mengistu etc would have sold their gender studied asses for parts and not even thought about them after.
Shikata ga nai

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:38 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:30 pm

The model doesn't work in America, they won't be able to seize control of the government.

They have however completely seized control of Academia and Hollywood.

That's about as far as it can go in America though, too many gun toting Rednecks barring the path beyond.
Nec Aspera Terrent

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:41 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:38 pm
heydaralon wrote:

The model doesn't work in America, they won't be able to seize control of the government.

That's about as far as it can go in America though, too many gun toting Rednecks barring the path beyond.
is it possible that Academia will culturally shift to being more conservative in the future?
Shikata ga nai

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:55 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:41 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
heydaralon wrote:

is it possible that Academia will culturally shift to being more conservative in the future?
I don't know where this is going to end up, this is postmodern to the point of being uncharted waters.
Nec Aspera Terrent

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:59 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:55 pm
heydaralon wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:

I don't know where this is going to end up, this is postmodern to the point of being uncharted waters.
In the same way that a bunch of Trotskites migrated to the right and formed the neocons, I'll bet a lot of these nasty progressive shitbag professors will also jump ship too. Once a few of them start doing it, it may become a fad and the pitiful groupthink they cannot escape will cause even more defections and make the new status quo more conservative. However, as we have seen with neo cons, often the magic thinking and big govt garbage warps the fundamental character of the party. So short answer idk either. Academics like to view their theories as timeless, but in reality they are every bit as frivolous and changing as clothing fashions.
Shikata ga nai

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:07 am

heydaralon wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:59 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:55 pm
heydaralon wrote:

In the same way that a bunch of Trotskites migrated to the right and formed the neocons, I'll bet a lot of these nasty progressive shitbag professors will also jump ship too. Once a few of them start doing it, it may become a fad and the pitiful groupthink they cannot escape will cause even more defections and make the new status quo more conservative. However, as we have seen with neo cons, often the magic thinking and big govt garbage warps the fundamental character of the party. So short answer idk either. Academics like to view their theories as timeless, but in reality they are every bit as frivolous and changing as clothing fashions.
Well I am a big James Burnham fan and he is the prime example.

I don't think Neocon is used correctly anymore, Neocon now refers to the Bushies, but they weren't Neocons.

The Bushies actually rejected the Neocon model, Cheney went off on his own tangent.

Powell was a Neocon, but he was sidelined by this new thing, Cheneyism, which is unprecedented really.

9/11 was such a shock that it created a whole new paradigm.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:10 am

There is always a backlash. America is difficult to predict though. There is no unified traditional past to aim for. The last time the hippie leftist trend led to the hyper narcissist '80s. It required the aimless purgatory of the '70s stagflation to congeal first. What you really need is a phallic vision. Something to strive for. A new moonshot. The only thing on offer right now is opposition to the current trend. You need a clear goal.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:13 am

See, Neoconservatives or the Reagan Democrats; are a product of the Cold War.

But the GWOT set off by 9/11 is much more like the Spanish American War.

The closest thing to Cheneyism is Teddy Roosevelt
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:14 am

Hastur wrote:
Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:10 am
You need a clear goal.
Actually a common enemy. The Moonshot was just the Cold War.

There was a Cold War truce, the center came together in the face of the Red Menace.
Nec Aspera Terrent