What Book Are You Reading at the Moment?

heydaralon

Re: What Book Are You Reading at the Moment?

Post by heydaralon » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:48 am

GloryofGreece wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:28 am
I'm inspired to write a novel that would be billed as dystopian but in reality is our world now and not in some far future or just a cautionary tale etc. No it's now it's here and the plot would essentially be living freely as possible until or if the boot drops down on you like o idk Ruby Ridge.
I want to do the same thing real talk. I have a good idea too. Send me a pm or whatever.
Shikata ga nai

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:54 am

I don't personally find things to be dystopic, things seem pretty same old same old to me.

Yes, the communists are trying to takeover, but that's always been the case.

We are still at fifteen minutes to launch on warning, but there's exponentially fewer warheads on alert.

There's Information Age Revolution related under employment, work is bullshit jobs are jails.

But it's not the Great Depression.

I don't think things are particularly worse now than they were in the seventies when I started to become politically aware, tbh.
Nec Aspera Terrent

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:58 am

Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:54 am
I don't personally find things to be dystopic, things seem pretty same old same old to me.

We are still at fifteen minutes to launch on warning, but there's exponentially fewer warheads on alert.

There's Information Age Revolution related under employment, work is bullshit jobs are jails.

I don't think things are particularly worse now than they were in the seventies when I started to become politically aware, tbh.
The govt has grown so much since then. Faggots are out of hand. The trans debacle with Jordan Peterson is a taste for what is to come. And the federal plantation is doing its best to see that its field negros (citizens) are unarmed, unable to have a voice, and unable to have privacy. The activists of the 60's/70's were scum, but compared to this latest bunch they look positively sanctified.
Shikata ga nai

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:04 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:58 am
Smitty-48 wrote:

The govt has grown so much since then. Faggots are out of hand. The trans debacle with Jordan Peterson is a taste for what is to come. And the federal plantation is doing its best to see that its field negros (citizens) are unarmed, unable to have a voice, and unable to have privacy. The activists of the 60's/70's were scum, but compared to this latest bunch they look positively sanctified.
Actually the government is much smaller. Newt Gincrich world ain't exactly LBJ's Great Society.

All that commie shit was the same as it is now, back in the 70's, it was a gay commie weirdo cavalcade.

Americans are so much more heavily armed now, never had so much military firepower in the hands of the people before.

Privacy issues are self inflicted because people are addicted to the internet, that's not being imposed by tyranny.

The activists in the 70's is what these Loonie Lefties are emulating, they are exactly the same.

Buck up, son. It's same old same old.
Nec Aspera Terrent

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:10 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:04 pm
heydaralon wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:58 am
Smitty-48 wrote:

Actually the government is much smaller. Newt Gincrich world ain't exactly LBJ's Great Society.

All that commie shit was the same as it is now, back in the 70's, it was a gay commie weirdo cavalcade.

Americans are so much more heavily armed now, never had so much military firepower in the hands of the people before.

Privacy issues are self inflicted because people are addicted to the internet, that's not being imposed by tyranny.

The activists in the 70's is what these Loonie Lefties are emulating, they are exactly the same.

Buck up, son. It's same old same old.
Its worse than you think. The truer picture is always the worse one. You'll be clapped in irons and marched in front of some ButtholeCowBoyGreenTribunal because you clubbed a seal at one point probably within an election cycle if this horsehit keeps up. I'll probably be sent to some insane asylum Kruschev era style for pronoun refusal. Its coming man, and soon to a kolkhoz near you.
Shikata ga nai

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:13 pm

That was the case in the 70's too, in fact it was even more the case in the 70s because we didn't have any charter rights at all before 1982.
Nec Aspera Terrent

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:20 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:13 pm
That was the case in the 70's too, in fact it was even more the case in the 70s because we didn't have any charter rights at all before 1982.
Doesn't really seem like the charter is doing all that much to stop the leftist encroachment at least from where I am sitting.
Shikata ga nai

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:22 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:20 pm
Smitty-48 wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:13 pm
Doesn't really seem like the charter is doing all that much to stop the leftist encroachment at least from where I am sitting.
They certainly have weaponized it, but the loonie leftism is not anymore loonie now than it was in the 70's.

Nothing has really changed since 1968.

The lefties took over due to the defeat in Vietnam.

Even in Canada, cause Canada was deeply involved in Vietnam too.
Nec Aspera Terrent

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:25 pm

Goddamnit I cannot believe we nearly won that war. We need to go back, and have a do over to put a stop to this leftism. This one would just consist of a thorough carpet bombing and dumping Monsanto's Round-Up over the jungle to deny the enemy their cover. Maybe a blockade to effectively turn the whole country into a strategic hamlet.
Shikata ga nai

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:40 pm

heydaralon wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:25 pm
Goddamnit I cannot believe we nearly won that war. We need to go back, and have a do over to put a stop to this leftism. This one would just consist of a thorough carpet bombing and dumping Monsanto's Round-Up over the jungle to deny the enemy their cover. Maybe a blockade to effectively turn the whole country into a strategic hamlet.

The Viet Cong aren't there anymore.

There's only one Viet Cong left.

The Original Gangsters.

The Moro in the southern Philippines.

Aesthetic.
Nec Aspera Terrent