What Book Are You Reading at the Moment?

heydaralon

Re: What Book Are You Reading at the Moment?

Post by heydaralon » Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:13 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:34 pm
heydaralon wrote:
Fri Mar 06, 2020 6:15 pm
They should have kept prohibition legal longer to the point where the people rebelled and pulled an American Revolution 2. In 1935 we could have a new constitutional convention. Drastically limiting federal government powers, adding armor to the original bill of rights, and adding an amendment saying that the government cannot legislate against what a person puts in their bodies or lock them up for owning said chemical. That would have been the right direction for America to take.

Al Capone is small potatoes to the Federal Gangs of today. Police, Alphabet agencies, and IRS incite more terror and slavery in a year than he did in a lifetime. Oh well...
That's not how it would have gone tho,

If you had a convention in 1935 you would have ended up with a constitution like Canada's

The slaveholding Deists in the 18th century were far more libertarian than 1930's America

The holding of slaves itself was an extreme liberty

Talk about doing whatever the fuck you want whenever the fuck you want, and get the fuck off my land

People in the 1930's loved them some Alphabet Agencies, those were all the rage

Both the left and the right went cuckoo authoritarian in the 1930's, they just wouldn't give up their booze

Even the cops themselves were Scofflaws, this is why the FBI was invented in the first place.
The problem was that the cops were not wearing women's lingeries under their uniforms. This creating binary gender discrimination we see today towards LGBTQ folks. Fortunately, Hoover helped fix that problem
Shikata ga nai

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:19 pm

Don't get me wrong, I admired that old homo's committment to fighting the Red Menace, but c'mon everyone knows that the reason he let the wops slide is because they had pics with him and Clyde giving each other reach arounds in some mobbed up motel.
Shikata ga nai

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:15 pm

At the strategic level, America is driven by the same theme now as it was in the 1920's

Return to Normalcy

In the 1920's it was incited by the Industrial Age Revolution sweeping across the farms

Now it is the Information Age Revolution sweeping across the factories
Nec Aspera Terrent

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:21 pm

America is no longer dependent on ME oil and the Soviet block is gone.
Don't walk into the globalist trapp of cheap Chinese labor and the US is fine.
Just beware of the military industrial complex.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:35 pm

Hastur wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:21 pm

I wouldn't take everything Eisenhower said at face value, he is also the one who invoked the Domino Theory

The MICC has been berry berry goo to me, Arsenal of Democracy FTW

Eagle with thunderbolts in talons grasped, from Appamottox Court House to the Sea of Tranquility & beyond

Curtis LeMay knows

Nec Aspera Terrent

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:31 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:35 pm
Hastur wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:21 pm

I wouldn't take everything Eisenhower said at face value, he is also the one who invoked the Domino Theory

The MICC has been berry berry goo to me, Arsenal of Democracy FTW

Eagle with thunderbolts in talons grasped, from Appamottox Court House to the Sea of Tranquility & beyond

Curtis LeMay knows

LeMay is one of my favourites along with W. T. Sherman. They were the whirlwind. Unapologetic total war. Just punishment. That's what you get for messing with the greatest nation. That's how wars should be fought. Burn it all down until they crawl up to you begging for mercy. All the half measures we've seen since just encourages aggression. Leniency is counter-productive. The hammer must fall. Terrible swift sword.

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:50 pm

Hastur wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:31 pm
LeMay is one of my favourites along with W. T. Sherman. They were the whirlwind. Unapologetic total war. Just punishment. That's what you get for messing with the greatest nation. That's how wars should be fought. Burn it all down until they crawl up to you begging for mercy. All the half measures we've seen since just encourages aggression. Leniency is counter-productive. The hammer must fall. Terrible swift sword.
Contrary to the liberal media narrative, LeMay had no blood lust, quite the opposite

LeMay simply calculated that the longer a war went on, the more people died

So end the war decisively by ruthless application of force actually preserves life overall
Nec Aspera Terrent

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:18 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:50 pm
Hastur wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:31 pm
Contrary to the liberal media narrative, LeMay had no blood lust, quite the opposite

LeMay simply calculated that the longer a war went on, the more people died

So end the war decisively by ruthless application of force actually preserves life overall
Yes. Sherman was the same. If you want to stop the killing you must end the war. The opponent has to be choked out and tap out.

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:31 pm

Hastur wrote:
Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:18 pm
Yes. Sherman was the same. If you want to stop the killing you must end the war. The opponent has to be choked out and tap out.
And at Shiloh Church, the Union was found wanting

Thus the call went out to the Captains of Industry to forge the Terrible Swift Sword

MICC FTW
Nec Aspera Terrent

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Mar 07, 2020 5:37 pm

I mean, we are talking about Eisenhower, right ?

The guy who was funding French Colonial rule of Indochina to the tune of 80% until it imploded at Dien Bien Phu

Did the MICC make him do that ?

He was the one who embraced Ngo Dinh Diem, how is that Lockheed Martin's fault ?
Nec Aspera Terrent