The Fifth Column

DrYouth

Re: The Fifth Column

Post by DrYouth » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:26 pm

Martin Hash wrote: My mistake. (Are there any "Get Assad!" people on this forum?)
Not that I know of...

If it was Assad using chemical weapons, I don't see how that changes anything in terms of US intervention.

Assad's a proven butcher... but how taking out Assad solves anything is absolutely beyond me...

There is nothing in place that would replace Assad with anything better... and no conceivable strategy for anything better to arise in his place.

I'm merely trying to figure out what the hell happened with the sarin gas.... no theory, conspiracy or otherwise has won me over.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:05 pm

I got it.

p.s. Without any Zionists on our forum, there's nobody to debate.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:40 pm

Other than intervening to prevent humanitarian disasters there seems to be no good reason to get involved. The lack of a clear good guy to support rules out taking sides. Stump up for some aid to the displaced and offer some places for orphaned refugees and leave it at that.
Dick waving missile attacks on abandoned airfields don't achieve much except intimidating midget North Korean leaders.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:03 pm

If one were considering intervening to prevent a humanitarian disaster....

:hand:

That boat has sailed.

Whatever the hell this was - it was at most the equivalent of pissing into a hurricane.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:22 pm

Montegriffo wrote:Other than intervening to prevent humanitarian disasters there seems to be no good reason to get involved. The lack of a clear good guy to support rules out taking sides. Stump up for some aid to the displaced and offer some places for orphaned refugees and leave it at that.
Dick waving missile attacks on abandoned airfields don't achieve much except intimidating midget North Korean leaders.
Intervening is what causes the humanitarian disaster. FFS. You should know this by now.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Mon May 29, 2017 2:55 pm

Just want to post here that this podcast continues to hit above it's weight IMO.

It's doing the best job of not being dragged into the competing universes of Trump vs anti-Trump.

Check it out if you haven't.... some of the characters take a bit of getting used to... and they get a bit goofy from time to time... but overall it's top notch.

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Wed May 31, 2017 10:35 pm

DrYouth wrote:Just want to post here that this podcast continues to hit above it's weight IMO.

It's doing the best job of not being dragged into the competing universes of Trump vs anti-Trump.

Check it out if you haven't.... some of the characters take a bit of getting used to... and they get a bit goofy from time to time... but overall it's top notch.
Wasn't one of the guys on Real Time recently? Its a pretty good podcast usually from the 5-6 episodes I've listened to. I also like the interview the black host did with someone about racism and the debate over what to do about it etc. Anyway I'm generally sick of politics and spend my extra or spare time reading about shit that's entertaining or educational in other domains. That's one reason I wish Dan Carlin would stop doing political podcasts and concentrate on historical ones. Its so nice to listen to Ghost of the Osfront to Death Throws to History Under the Influence and just get into those topics instead. But thank god we have History on Fire now. Cheers!
The good, the true, & the beautiful

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:27 am

GloryofGreece wrote: That's one reason I wish Dan Carlin would stop doing political podcasts and concentrate on historical ones.
Your wish has been partially granted.

No more political podcasts...

But no new historical ones either. :(

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:59 am

DrYouth wrote:
GloryofGreece wrote: That's one reason I wish Dan Carlin would stop doing political podcasts and concentrate on historical ones.

I guess the Institute has not yet identified a role for him to play.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:17 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
DrYouth wrote:

I guess the Institute has not yet identified a role for him to play.

Dan has a ready "I told you so" moment sitting right in front of him right now. The illegal activity by the NSA should be fertile ground for Dan. Question for me is will Dan be willing to step up knowing he will have to denigrate the Obama Admin.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience