The Fifth Column

DrYouth

Re: The Fifth Column

Post by DrYouth » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:27 am

Just another plug for this podcast...

I find it is a great source for healthy criticism from the right of the Trump administration.

P.S.... Ya I know I have been busy... How y'all doing?

They get a bit drunk and sloppy sometimes... which can get a little irritating on occasion.... but worth it overall.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

adwinistrator

Post by adwinistrator » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:29 am

DrYouth wrote:Ya I know I have been busy... How y'all doing?
Busy here as well, but doing alright. Trying to pop my head in enough to keep up with conversations...

How you doin?

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:25 am

Partisanship is so extreme that the "Nuclear Option" was used: bipartisanship is over. It even seeps over into this forum: there has been some gas-lighting & drive-bys that I don't really understand except as a way to totally alienate "the enemy," make it okay to ignore whatever the other side may want because they are stupid & evil, and so can be ignored or even killed. 3 more years of this can't end well.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:52 am

Martin Hash wrote:Partisanship is so extreme that the "Nuclear Option" was used: bipartisanship is over. It even seeps over into this forum: there has been some gas-lighting & drive-bys that I don't really understand except as a way to totally alienate "the enemy," make it okay to ignore whatever the other side may want because they are stupid & evil, and so can be ignored or even killed. 3 more years of this can't end well.
+1

I have mixed feelings.

In my eyes were are going through a major transition in this country, the likes of which really no one alive can speak to with experience, it is reflections of the elections of FDR and Lincoln. History will tell us if Trump will be viewed in similar ways as those Presidents or something different. However, the real issue is that our society and culture has gotten to a place where it is winner take all. It is going to be a hard transition. The establishment will not go gently, which leaves us with no other option than both sides taking their gloves off. The machinations inside the Beltway will either destroy us, or forge us on a new path for the remainder of the 21st Century.

Grab a good seat, get a good journal going, because our grandkids are going to want to know about this.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:08 pm

Martin Hash wrote:Partisanship is so extreme that the "Nuclear Option" was used: bipartisanship is over. It even seeps over into this forum: there has been some gas-lighting & drive-bys that I don't really understand except as a way to totally alienate "the enemy," make it okay to ignore whatever the other side may want because they are stupid & evil, and so can be ignored or even killed. 3 more years of this can't end well.
Are you talking about in the nation in general or on the forum or both.
That's a big answer to "How are you doin'?"

It is interesting times for sure... I have no idea what this really adds up to.
I still think we are pretty far from anything going nuclear or anything like that.
It's probably wise to avoid political conversations in most real life settings, or even on Facebook, these days tho.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:32 pm

DrYouth wrote:It's probably wise to avoid political conversations in most real life settings, or even on Facebook, these days tho.
That's what I'm talking about!

p.s. BTW, how you doin'?

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:37 pm

Martin Hash wrote:
DrYouth wrote:It's probably wise to avoid political conversations in most real life settings, or even on Facebook, these days tho.
That's what I'm talking about!

p.s. BTW, how you doin'?
Can't complain at all Marty...
Had a nice little vacay in Florida... visited with the out-laws in their little snowbird strip mall utopia.

Are you back from your crazy tour of devastation through south east Asia?

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:39 pm

DrYouth wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:also, kmele scrapped an entire show because he couldn't control his guest's arguments about islam.
Bit of a loose cannon there... lol
The excerpts were sort of entertaining.... but scrapping it was probably the right call.
but no problem airing a show with two racist hate mongers talking about, "black bodies," with little to no opposition.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:42 pm

C-Mag wrote:
+1

I have mixed feelings.

In my eyes were are going through a major transition in this country, the likes of which really no one alive can speak to with experience, it is reflections of the elections of FDR and Lincoln. History will tell us if Trump will be viewed in similar ways as those Presidents or something different. However, the real issue is that our society and culture has gotten to a place where it is winner take all. It is going to be a hard transition. The establishment will not go gently, which leaves us with no other option than both sides taking their gloves off. The machinations inside the Beltway will either destroy us, or forge us on a new path for the remainder of the 21st Century.

Grab a good seat, get a good journal going, because our grandkids are going to want to know about this.
With the left openly calling for the abolition of free speech while attacking their opponents in the streets, I don't see why it shouldn't be winner take all. You don't negotiate with terrorists
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:44 pm

DrYouth wrote:Are you back from your crazy tour of devastation through south east Asia?
I am.

Gonna contemplate what the next adventure might be? (Sure as hell won't involve rentlentless travel.) I'm long past the age of easy pickins.