The Fifth Column

DrYouth

The Fifth Column

Post by DrYouth » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:29 am

Thanks for putting me onto this podcast Okee.

Been listening to a few episodes - but I direct you to 047 "Trump's Not State of the Union" for a withering critique of Trump from the right.

http://www.wethefifth.com/

I wondered why we have so little critique of Trump on this forum and then I started to think that it's probably because of the Libertarian purge of the DCF that happened a while back.

What I came to understand in this episode is that Trump's party is carrying out a purge of the Republican party, and that in many ways Trump's true enemy is on the right, not so much the left.

He is disembowelling the Libertarians and the Libertarian leaning liberals on the Democratic side more than anyone else.

Those on the Big State Left have relatively little to fear from Trump.

We don't hear that around here very much.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Martin Hash

Re: The Fifth Column

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:33 am

You will when he does something.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:40 am

Like what for example.... he has done plenty to offend the libertarian right already.... Tea Party libertarians should be marching in the streets.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Kazmyr

Post by Kazmyr » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:20 am

DrYouth wrote:Like what for example.... he has done plenty to offend the libertarian right already.... Tea Party libertarians should be marching in the streets.
At least by a large portion of the professed libertarians on this board, I get the impression that most (including myself) have said, "Fuck this noise" and are starting to walk away from it.

Also, will check this podcast out.
Martin Hash wrote:Liberty allows people to get their jollies any way they want. Just don't expect to masturbate with my lotion.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:30 am

It can be hard to tease out the critique of Trump's reign through all the fanboy Marxist stomping...

I recognize that this is merely an artifact of the omnipresence of certain fanboy Marxist stompers.

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:14 pm

DrYouth wrote:Thanks for putting me onto this podcast Okee.

Been listening to a few episodes - but I direct you to 047 "Trump's Not State of the Union" for a withering critique of Trump from the right.

I wondered why we have so little critique of Trump on this forum and then I started to think that it's probably because of the Libertarian purge of the DCF that happened a while back.

What I came to understand in this episode is that Trump's party is carrying out a purge of the Republican party, and that in many ways Trump's true enemy is on the right, not so much the left.

He is disembowelling the Libertarians and the Libertarian leaning liberals on the Democratic side more than anyone else.

Libertarian purge of the DCF? What? When?

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:24 pm

+1

Definitely on the Mark.
Trump was elected because the GOP Establishment absolutely SUCKS. More traditional Americans who supported Tea Party Protests against the establishment on taxes, etc. put Tea Party in power and saw them coopted by the Establishment. They turned to Trump, a guy who won't play their PC Bullshit games.

I've been posting a few Memes about the GOP Establishment Hacks, they suck, they need to go. Right now Paul Ryan, Mitch McConnel and John McCain are the biggest obstacle to Trump, and they want to see him fail and removed from office.

On the other side the Dems and Lefties are such easy targets it's easy to pile on, and kind of fun. I don't think we are going to really have much objective discussion in the country until 4-6 months in, I think tempers are cooling just a bit. But we will see over time.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Sun Mar 12, 2017 4:11 am

Kmele offers a refreshing point of view and Moynihan is almost always good for a laugh. I am happy to hear that they are going to be adding one on one interviews in addition to their almost regular trio podcast. Kmele and Dr. Gates had a great conversation that was akin to Darryl Cooper's borderline uncomfortable conversations on Decline of the West. I am looking forward to seeing where this evolution goes.

The SJW left fears Trump unnecessarily, for the most part, but their overreaction has driven quite a number of people to a more classical Liberal, if not Libertarian, position. I am enjoying the collective show but then again I don't watch any TV especially news programs. It has been a fascinating revelation into the machinations of the political/media machine and the resulting human cognitive dissonance. Something only a rogue candidate could have exposed/induced.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:10 am

Hwen Hoshino wrote: Libertarian purge of the DCF? What? When?
A few years back on the DCF a number of the libertarians at the time suffered under the slings and arrows delivered by DB, Strangelove and their henchmen and many of them left the boards in frustration. This was celebrated as victory at the time... I don't really get hard libertarianism myself... it seems too rooted in the absence of government... which I believe is an important power block in our social system... designed to exist in tension with other power blocks...

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:17 am

Pfft

Nobody left that I remember.