Dan Carlin on the Rubin Report

skankhunt42

Re: Dan Carlin on the Rubin Report

Post by skankhunt42 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:31 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Was the Patriot Act created by the Left or the Right?

I get so confused sometimes...
Do you really think that if Gore was in office that the Patriot Act doesn't come to pass? 95% of that shit was written when Clinton was in office, if not before. Do you not remember how insane the world was that week?

Listen, I'm not a fan of the Patriot Act, but let's not pretend that Bush is the reason that Act was passed. Outside of Senator Feingold, that shit swept through.
"just realize that our Welfare states are also propped up by your Warfare. You're not actually defending us from threats, but you are propping us up by fabricating threats to maintain the Perpetual War." - Smitty

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:42 am

I read somewhere that Joe Biden originally drafted much of what wound up in the Patriot Act.

Alexander PhiAlipson

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:09 am

de officiis wrote:I read somewhere that Joe Biden originally drafted much of what wound up in the Patriot Act.
During the debate over the Patriot Act of 2001 then Senator Joe Biden compared this bill to its 2001 counterpart stating "I drafted a terrorism bill after the Oklahoma City bombing. And the bill John Ashcroft sent up was my bill."
Buuuut... knowing Joey, he probably plagiarised it.
"She had yellow hair and she walked funny and she made a noise like... O my God, please don't kill me! "

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:49 am

skankhunt42 wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Was the Patriot Act created by the Left or the Right?

I get so confused sometimes...
Do you really think that if Gore was in office that the Patriot Act doesn't come to pass? 95% of that shit was written when Clinton was in office, if not before. Do you not remember how insane the world was that week?

Listen, I'm not a fan of the Patriot Act, but let's not pretend that Bush is the reason that Act was passed. Outside of Senator Feingold, that shit swept through.
I really don't know if it does. But either way, Bushie signed and sold it - likely at the direction of his VP/handler.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:05 am

Here's hoping Trump extends the Patriot Act so I can continue to play the 'but Obama did it too" game with my lefty friends

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:17 am

What does the patriot act even do? A better question would be how to solve whatever the problem is.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:27 am

TheReal_ND wrote:What does the patriot act even do? A better question would be how to solve whatever the problem is.
It enabled the modern police state, created DHS, the NSA, and the PRISM program. It's the reason that everything you do is monitored by Big Brother now, lest you turn scary terrorist.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:28 am

They did that stuff anyway, man.

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:29 am

It would be nice if Dan made more appearances on the JRE, Bryan Callen Show, maybe even Jordan Peterson channel would be cool. Also sticking to Historical topics and debates would be awesome. If he talking about politics in general or the future of our Republic etc. it would be nice for him to circle back to what he's always said lets have a new Whig party rising from the ashes like a Phoenix to limit the power of the Executive and have three goddam branches of the government again that are more coequal. I think a lot of people across "party lines" can get behind that idea. Term limits and single six year Presidential term would help reform and reign in those excesses as well.
The good, the true, & the beautiful

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:35 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:They did that stuff anyway, man.
It was wrong and i fail to see how giving them the authority is a step in the right direction.