Dan Carlin on the Rubin Report

Speaker to Animals

Re: Dan Carlin on the Rubin Report

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:06 pm

We don't even need a new law to bring them up on racketeering charges. Organizing political violence is a crime. Planning that out is conspiracy. They already committed these crimes.

And the mayor and police chiefs who deliberately hold back the police from protecting American citizens so this political violence can be perpetrated are violating civil rights laws that go back to the last time democratic politicians held the police back so democratic party terror groups can attack American citizens.

This shit isn't rocket science. We already have laws against this stuff.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:12 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:We don't even need a new law to bring them up on racketeering charges. Organizing political violence is a crime. Planning that out is conspiracy. They already committed these crimes.

And the mayor and police chiefs who deliberately hold back the police from protecting American citizens so this political violence can be perpetrated are violating civil rights laws that go back to the last time democratic politicians held the police back so democratic party terror groups can attack American citizens.

This shit isn't rocket science. We already have laws against this stuff.
Sure, so no new laws needed. I agree.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Alexander PhiAlipson

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:18 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:... no new laws needed. I agree.
There's a difference between a new law and an ammedation.
What's new law worries you?
"She had yellow hair and she walked funny and she made a noise like... O my God, please don't kill me! "

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:21 pm

Alexander PhiAlipson wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:... no new laws needed. I agree.
There's a difference between a new law and an ammedation.
What's new law worries you?
Still freaked out over the Patriot Act, tbh.

On topic: this is a great interview with Dan. I'm enjoying his points about the "isolationist" rhetoric.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

adwinistrator

Post by adwinistrator » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:40 pm

Fife wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:
de officiis wrote:
Were you able to decipher the origins of that exchange? I thought perhaps it related to that new anti-riot law that AZ is considering.

I think that's what it was, which made the exchange all the more depressing. Dan seemed to have taken the position that the Berkeley riot was a "safety valve" for the democracy and that we suppress those "protests" out our peril.

Twitter fights are hard to decipher, and even less fun to engage in, but I got the same take on what they were on about.

Dan is still carrying on with his arguments and thoughts about protest like in the Very Velvet Fist CS episode from 5 or 6 years ago now. Protests are a safety valve, proxies for actual street violence. When the state cracks down on assembly and political speech with violence, the pressure has to find a different release.

In 2016-17, astroturfed Soros "rallies" designed to be violent for violence's sake, and where there is, by design, NO state intervention to prevent the violence, that whole "pressure valve" stuff collapses.

Dan doesn't get it, Darryl does. Both have missed the mark (in distinctly different ways) on how the state should be involved in protecting liberty, life, and property, all at the same time, IMNSHO.

Dan's Twitter reliance on "fascist" as an argument belies both the shittyness of Twitter, and the shittyness of his argument, in light of the treatment of Milo by the state and its owners in Berkeley and the treatment of Milo by the GOP and the MSM.

I bet Darryl would give a more nuanced argument if he took advantage of his own forum and got off the sinking Twitter ship.

Dan, I don't know anymore. Maybe he's where he wants to be. :(
Darryl's been egging him on for weeks on Twitter. They had a back and forth recently where Darryl was arguing that the US moving towards authoritarianism was "not necessarily a bad thing"...

If you've read his twitter account, you know he argues this shit half-trollingly. Between the authoritarian arguement, and then anti-protester argument, Dan called it like he saw it.

I don't agree, but I also know Darryl's not entirely serious in his phrasing on twitter, Dan might not be aware.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:46 pm

In some ways, it's not a bad thing. When you are finally able to step back and see how bad the degeneracy has become, and that it is destroying our nation (and I don't mean that hyperbolically), then one starts to consider that perhaps the only way to turn this shit around is with some authoritarianism.

This is why fascist regimes emerge, by the way. They almost always emerge as a result of marxism taking over a culture and trying to subvert the people. What happens is that the marxists convince the right that the identity politics and authoritarianism that is entrenched in all forms of leftist ideology becomes a worthwhile tool to finally end the ideological war with the marxist left.

And to say we are becoming authoritarian is fucking ridiculous. We already are there. The left is authoritarian as fuck. They think it's okay to use physical violence to suppress political speech they don't like. They think it is okay to coerce people into violating their consciences. To suddenly get upset about "authoritarianism" now, after YEARS of the authoritarian left violating our basic human rights with this stuff, is just fucking ludicrous and the people doing it should be called out.

The left brought the identity politics and authoritarianism to the table. Looks like they are going to die by it. Don't wait for me to shed a tear for them. If I have to choose between an authoritarian/marxist left and an authoritarian/fascist right, I am choosing the right. I told you guys this a long time ago. If I were a Spanish Catholic in Spain in the 1930s, choosing the right over the left would be a no-brainer. It's not like I can get what I want anyway, so I choose self-preservation. Fuck you guys for bringing it to this point and then blaming everybody else for what has happened. <-- I mean that.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:09 pm

Was the Patriot Act created by the Left or the Right?

I get so confused sometimes...

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

adwinistrator

Post by adwinistrator » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:15 pm

GrumpyCatFace wrote:Was the Patriot Act created by the Left or the Right?

I get so confused sometimes...
No one cares about that anymore the only thing that matters is SJW's and protests!!!!

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:20 pm

I tried to tell DSL that Darryl is particular edgy on twitter as well.

katarn

Post by katarn » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:18 pm

adwinistrator wrote:
Fife wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:

I think that's what it was, which made the exchange all the more depressing. Dan seemed to have taken the position that the Berkeley riot was a "safety valve" for the democracy and that we suppress those "protests" out our peril.

Twitter fights are hard to decipher, and even less fun to engage in, but I got the same take on what they were on about.

Dan is still carrying on with his arguments and thoughts about protest like in the Very Velvet Fist CS episode from 5 or 6 years ago now. Protests are a safety valve, proxies for actual street violence. When the state cracks down on assembly and political speech with violence, the pressure has to find a different release.

In 2016-17, astroturfed Soros "rallies" designed to be violent for violence's sake, and where there is, by design, NO state intervention to prevent the violence, that whole "pressure valve" stuff collapses.

Dan doesn't get it, Darryl does. Both have missed the mark (in distinctly different ways) on how the state should be involved in protecting liberty, life, and property, all at the same time, IMNSHO.

Dan's Twitter reliance on "fascist" as an argument belies both the shittyness of Twitter, and the shittyness of his argument, in light of the treatment of Milo by the state and its owners in Berkeley and the treatment of Milo by the GOP and the MSM.

I bet Darryl would give a more nuanced argument if he took advantage of his own forum and got off the sinking Twitter ship.

Dan, I don't know anymore. Maybe he's where he wants to be. :(
Darryl's been egging him on for weeks on Twitter. They had a back and forth recently where Darryl was arguing that the US moving towards authoritarianism was "not necessarily a bad thing"...

If you've read his twitter account, you know he argues this shit half-trollingly. Between the authoritarian arguement, and then anti-protester argument, Dan called it like he saw it.

I don't agree, but I also know Darryl's not entirely serious in his phrasing on twitter, Dan might not be aware.
That's one of Darryl's disclaimers on his podcast too: only look at his Twiiter if you're ready for some trolling and half-caring remarks. What was it w called old nuke's style?
"Stone walls do not a prison make, nor iron bars a cage...
If I have freedom in my love
And in my soul am free,
Angels alone that soar above
Enjoy such Liberty" - Richard Lovelace