Dan Carlin on the Rubin Report

Ex-California

Re: Dan Carlin on the Rubin Report

Post by Ex-California » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:58 pm

Twilight Histories might be my favorite

I thought the Rubin interviews were great, but it was just more of the same as Dan described what he thinks Common Sense has turned into
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:11 am

TheReal_ND wrote:Where have you been man? Everyone right of left is a fascist.
I know, but it's hard to reconcile Old Dan with Carlin the Cuck. Old Dan would shy away from that sort of outright hyperbole.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:17 am

I unsubbed from common sense somewhere around the nth time he called Trump nuclear Hitler.

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:31 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:The Soros bucks must flow.
Proof?

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:17 am

Xenophon wrote:
Wow, Dan. Way to insult someone who was inspired by you, you disingenuous cuck. I think this is where I'm drawing the line, fellas. More polarized by the day, I'll tell you what.
Were you able to decipher the origins of that exchange? I thought perhaps it related to that new anti-riot law that AZ is considering.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:25 am

de officiis wrote:
Xenophon wrote:
Wow, Dan. Way to insult someone who was inspired by you, you disingenuous cuck. I think this is where I'm drawing the line, fellas. More polarized by the day, I'll tell you what.
Were you able to decipher the origins of that exchange? I thought perhaps it related to that new anti-riot law that AZ is considering.

I think that's what it was, which made the exchange all the more depressing. Dan seemed to have taken the position that the Berkeley riot was a "safety valve" for the democracy and that we suppress those "protests" out our peril.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:34 am

Okeefenokee wrote:
I think I've been keeping it under my hat, but I'm gonna get past him shuttering the board because Trump won, and Dan went Hollywood. I should probably just get on with it and unsub.

BTW, twilight histories is fooking awesome! Holy shit that show is great. After the second episode, I was asking myself if I would stay or return, and having a hard time.

Also, Roma Islamica was bad ass.

Whoever suggested Twighlight History, H/T, I'll check it out.

I will continue to listen to Dan. There's no getting past his talent in the podcast medium.

A few observations on Part III
- That was the best segment of the 3
- If Dan is so interested in Constitutional Protections he should bend CS into a show on the Constitution
- Dan is in love with the 70s :?: That was a chaotic decade.
- I noticed Dan visibly tensed up when Rubin said he was a Classic Liberal................................ tellingggggggggggggggggggggggg ! :lol:
- Rubin really put that well. I'm a Classic Liberal because Libertarian sounds good, but I realize there must be some controls.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:44 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:
de officiis wrote:
Xenophon wrote: Wow, Dan. Way to insult someone who was inspired by you, you disingenuous cuck. I think this is where I'm drawing the line, fellas. More polarized by the day, I'll tell you what.

I think that's what it was, which made the exchange all the more depressing. Dan seemed to have taken the position that the Berkeley riot was a "safety valve" for the democracy and that we suppress those "protests" out our peril.

Twitter fights are hard to decipher, and even less fun to engage in, but I got the same take on what they were on about.

Dan is still carrying on with his arguments and thoughts about protest like in the Very Velvet Fist CS episode from 5 or 6 years ago now. Protests are a safety valve, proxies for actual street violence. When the state cracks down on assembly and political speech with violence, the pressure has to find a different release.

In 2016-17, astroturfed Soros "rallies" designed to be violent for violence's sake, and where there is, by design, NO state intervention to prevent the violence, that whole "pressure valve" stuff collapses.

Dan doesn't get it, Darryl does. Both have missed the mark (in distinctly different ways) on how the state should be involved in protecting liberty, life, and property, all at the same time, IMNSHO.

Dan's Twitter reliance on "fascist" as an argument belies both the shittyness of Twitter, and the shittyness of his argument, in light of the treatment of Milo by the state and its owners in Berkeley and the treatment of Milo by the GOP and the MSM.

I bet Darryl would give a more nuanced argument if he took advantage of his own forum and got off the sinking Twitter ship.

Dan, I don't know anymore. Maybe he's where he wants to be. :(

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:52 am

You're telling me that you guys actually support this?

http://azcapitoltimes.com/news/2017/02/ ... -protests/

Looks like the end of the 1st to me.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Fife

Post by Fife » Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:09 am

Having not read the bill, I am confident it is unnecessary. I haven't done the research, but I'll bet that it's already illegal to conspire to break things and injure people with intent in AZ.

I also bet that if I read the actual bill, I could find things contrary to the Constitution.

It's obviously just political grandstanding; and not really effective about addressing the actual problem.

There are absolutely great federal statutes (that I've cited a few times around here somewhere since Berkeley), that would allow the prosecution of both the "protesters" and the state officers involved in that whole Berkeley/Milo shit-show.

Very, very rarely do we need new laws. Who knows what Darryl was trying to get at? It's fucking Twitter, I sure can't figure it out. But Dan went full-twitterrrrr with his "fascist" tweet.