Dan Carlin on the Rubin Report

Alexander PhiAlipson

Re: Dan Carlin on the Rubin Report

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:41 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
C-Mag wrote:
Alexander PhiAlipson wrote: What/which arms race?
The arms race for privately owned mini guns

Can I mount one on my jeep?
She'd rather be mounted in my bed.
:banana-linedance:
"She had yellow hair and she walked funny and she made a noise like... O my God, please don't kill me! "

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:45 pm

If you are talking about that totally unobjectifiable young woman in the video who probably is a wonderful person with a high IQ and interesting opinions, I can think of a better mounting point than the bed.

Alexander PhiAlipson

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:48 pm

Shut up, Waelis!
"She had yellow hair and she walked funny and she made a noise like... O my God, please don't kill me! "

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:51 pm

On a more serious note.

I truly hope Dan can find a more objective place. His post election Trump piece was GREAT.
And I think it's in Dan's best interest to find that objective place. I found it interesting that Dan talked about Rush Limbaugh and his legacy in radio. Because Dan is going to share a similar position in podcasting in terms of his Hardcore History program. AND he very much deserves it.

I think he knows his inability to be objective in the CS show is costing him credibility. I suspect we will see the end of the CS show quite soon.

Dan is not a risk taker. Dan has staked out very careful ground to insulate himself. He calls himself a fan of history, not a historian. He calls himself a political martian, he will put one jab in each show at each side of the aisle to keep the appearance of neutrality. But it's really not working anymore. Dynamics have changed. We at DCF called him on it and we were exiled to the Free Monarchy of Hashland. I've been read his twitter feed occasionally, and what was once a Carlin masturbation session is starting to turn critical of some of his stuff.

I think Dan will have to end CS to keep it from hurting the bottom line on HH, which is the cash cow and Dans passion.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:52 pm

Alexander PhiAlipson wrote:Shut up, Waelis!

:lol:

I miss Waleis. I agreed with him on almost nothing, but usually had constructive discussions.
PLATA O PLOMO

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:57 pm

C-Mag wrote: And I think it's in Dan's best interest to find that objective place. I found it interesting that Dan talked about Rush Limbaugh and his legacy in radio. Because Dan is going to share a similar position in podcasting in terms of his Hardcore History program.

I am not sure that's the case. Had Dan followed through with what he had been publishing for years and supported Trump, at least as a destructive force, then I think he would have been seen as almost prophetic. There were even episodes in which he opined that an outsider might have to take over one of the political parties to destroy the establishment.

But instead he suddenly did a 180 degree turnabout and became a #NeverTrumper. It recasted everything he stood for all those years in a negative light. He cheapened his own work by doing that.

Of course, you will see all the progs come in an lambast me for saying it, but they only prove my point.

This interview was the first time I actually heard Dan admit that he revolted from his own ideas when Trump rose to power in that primary. That was the first time he even acknowledged it.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:07 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
C-Mag wrote: And I think it's in Dan's best interest to find that objective place. I found it interesting that Dan talked about Rush Limbaugh and his legacy in radio. Because Dan is going to share a similar position in podcasting in terms of his Hardcore History program.

I am not sure that's the case. Had Dan followed through with what he had been publishing for years and supported Trump, at least as a destructive force, then I think he would have been seen as almost prophetic. There were even episodes in which he opined that an outsider might have to take over one of the political parties to destroy the establishment.

But instead he suddenly did a 180 degree turnabout and became a #NeverTrumper. It recasted everything he stood for all those years in a negative light. He cheapened his own work by doing that.

Of course, you will see all the progs come in an lambast me for saying it, but they only prove my point.

This interview was the first time I actually heard Dan admit that he revolted from his own ideas when Trump rose to power in that primary. That was the first time he even acknowledged it.

+1

I try not to be too hard on Dan, because he is running a business and now he has this agent telling him what's in Dan's best interest. I think that has changed him greatly. There are other factors as well. Dan lives in the greater P.R.P. the people he talks to on a daily basis are further left than California, and that has to have an impact on you over time. He doesn't have to look us in the face at the grocery store or picking up the kids at school, but he does have to interact with a bunch of Radical Lefties and everyone wants to be given props when they are walking around.

Boy Doc, you nailed what Dan's best course would have been. Embrace Trump as a destructive force against the establishment. He would have had BernieBros and Trumpster worshipping him.
And it's not too late. Dan can still use that.
PLATA O PLOMO

Alexander PhiAlipson

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:36 pm

Perhaps all this gender stuff I've been reading lately has confused me, but is Dan Charlie Brown or Lucy now?

Fife

Post by Fife » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:29 pm

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:36 pm

Well, I hadn't seen that exchange. In the last 9 months Dan has gotten down with literally Hitler and calling people Fascists. :shock:
Now I'm going to have to listen to Martyrmade.
PLATA O PLOMO