Dan Carlin on the Rubin Report

Alexander PhiAlipson

Re: Dan Carlin on the Rubin Report

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:11 am

The left is curb-stomping, but the right--the fucking right, is talking--yet Dan can't figure out why the right prevails in talk radio. I don't know about any of y'all, but I've always walked away from arguments, though I have sometimes staggered away from physical confrontations (I wasn't always 6'2" and well-built, but you should've seen the other guy((s))).
Poor Dan's become mutton dressed as lamb--he needs to wear a black Balaclava and hoodie next time he emerges from his wife's basement.
"She had yellow hair and she walked funny and she made a noise like... O my God, please don't kill me! "

de officiis

Post by de officiis » Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:27 am

Okeefenokee wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:Someone needs to tell Carlin; you don't wear a hat for a TV interview, jackass.
or a jacket and t-shirt.
Think Charlie Brown's yellow shirt...

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:12 am

Okeefenokee wrote:
Smitty-48 wrote:Someone needs to tell Carlin; you don't wear a hat for a TV interview, jackass.
or a jacket and t-shirt.
Bannon style. It's tacking over.

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:11 am

Okeefenokee wrote:
pineapplemike wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:I'll give it a look, but Dan isn't a Martian.
I thought he was a neo-prudentist?

Ben is sick.
I can't even say what I'm thinking right now.
This post is brought to you by audible

apeman

Post by apeman » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:19 am

Dan is so edgy with his subversive black hat

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:29 am

part deuce

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:14 am

I just listened to Part 2

First of all props to Rubin for having the mini-bar with Bombay Sapphire, in the studio behind Carlin. I will be disappointed if a Gin and Tonic isn't poured by the end of this.

My immediate take on this is, Rubin is more middle of the road and willing to look critically at the Left than Carlin. Second, it's pretty obvious Dan was aware all along of Trumps non-Interventionist Foreign Policy during the campaign, yet has never come out and said anything positive about it. Puzzling. For Carlin veteran listeners, a lot of it is rehashing of standard Carlin stuff on defense.

Dan - I got the outsider candidate I always wanted, Trump has kept more campaign promises than any president, Trump has the foreign policy I like, I always wanted a president to reform the bureaucracy, Trump is trying to do that......................... I hate Trump :?
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Alexander PhiAlipson

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:46 am

That blue bottle did stand out....
Dan's chasing his tail here--it seems he hasn't had a new thought for about two years now. It's quite possible that I'm too stupid to understand, but did he have a point? Decrease military spending by two thirds, fifty percent, twenty percent... M1A1 Tanks... WTF? I remember when they called them XM1's. We cannot stop competing or else we wouldn't be competitive. I have no idea what message he's trying to get across anymore. That was twenty minutes of phrases from old shows sewn together. We should be more like Scandinavia--because Trump lied about Sweden. I don't think I heard the word immigration--is he aware that's an issue? Corruption and Republicans... Trump is bad... let me mansplain this.
"She had yellow hair and she walked funny and she made a noise like... O my God, please don't kill me! "

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:56 am

Alexander PhiAlipson wrote:That blue bottle did stand out....
Dan's chasing his tail here--it seems he hasn't had a new thought for about two years now. It's quite possible that I'm too stupid to understand, but did he have a point? Decrease military spending by two thirds, fifty percent, twenty percent... M1A1 Tanks... WTF? I remember when they called them XM1's. We cannot stop competing or else we wouldn't be competitive. I have no idea what message he's trying to get across anymore. That was twenty minutes of phrases from old shows sewn together. We should be more like Scandinavia--because Trump lied about Sweden. I don't think I heard the word immigration--is he aware that's an issue? Corruption and Republicans... Trump is bad... let me mansplain this.
I see it too. There is some type of inflexibility there with Dan to evolve past his biases. I'm not sure what his message is anymore either. But it seems more and more it's just Anti-Trump and Anti-GOP. The balance is gone. Rubin tried to engage him on how the Left and the Democrats are screwing up and Dan just moved away from it. He's still holds up pretenses of being middle of the road, but more than ever it appears Trump has pushed him firmly into the camp of the Left. Seems he only has time to criticize what one side is doing and can't find any good in a Trump Administration.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

Alexander PhiAlipson

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:04 am

I'm sorry to agree, C.