CS 313 - Get me a glass of Water

SuburbanFarmer

Re: CS 313 - Get me a glass of Water

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:08 am

katarn wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
apeman wrote:
there can be NO credible doubt that someone free from needing to get elected every few years is far more inoculated from special interests.

Did Louis the Sun King need special interests as much as today's candidates? No, he WAS the special interest everyone else needed.

I suspect you think for approximately 1 second before each post.
Bad form, old bean. You're better than this.

Louis the Sun King, along with his grandson, whom made his ascent in the arms of Madame La'Guillotine, was completely insulated from everyday life in the land. Do you think he ran his nation based on information from the populace, or based on the opinion of the worthy few who graced his ear? The very definition of government via Special Interest.

Also, for every Sun King, you'll get a Kaiser Wilhelm, or Henry VIII. I shouldn't even have to tell you this, and you know it.
What was wrong with Henry VIII?
Nothing I guess, unless you married him, or we're a Catholic.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:11 am

Fife wrote:Government is not the solution to any "real problem we face."

Government is the cause of the real problems we face.
:clap: "More parties, more beauracracy" is a hammer in search of a nail.

clubgop

Post by clubgop » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:15 am

apeman wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Ok, if you're a special interest - Apeman Inc. - do you think you'll find it easier to influence a single corrupt official, or 10?
there can be NO credible doubt that someone free from needing to get elected every few years is far more inoculated from special interests.

Did Louis the Sun King need special interests as much as today's candidates? No, he WAS the special interest everyone else needed.

I suspect you think for approximately 1 second before each post.
Or to answer the question directly the 10 especially if you know how to play those 10 off against each other.

ssu

Post by ssu » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:08 pm

DrYouth wrote:Good episode...

Looks like Dan is down about the authoritarianism.

He pretty much stopped there.

Didn't really call out the hysterical section of the anti-Trump reaction...

He also doesn't seem to like the Breitbart and Infowars crowd much...

I sense some whitey insecurity on the boards today.
Dan Carlin is Dan Carlin. Never has changed.

At least he can be critical about himself and understands that if you want an outsider, you cannot want make your pick extremely specific.

One good point is what Dan made in the podcast is that Trump, who is actually a centrist, did need Bannon to communicate to the angry crowd, to get in touch with his supporters. I think Dan might have it correct there.

apeman

Post by apeman » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:53 pm

ssu wrote:One good point is what Dan made in the podcast is that Trump, who is actually a centrist, did need Bannon to communicate to the angry crowd, to get in touch with his supporters. I think Dan might have it correct there.
that was a new idea to me as well