Intercepted Podcast: President Trump’s Cabinet of Killers

kybkh

Intercepted Podcast: President Trump’s Cabinet of Killers

Post by kybkh » Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:06 pm

Really disappointed in the lack of depth in the discussion here and the political slant. Makes no real mention of the Flynn Vs CIA angle.

Only reason I'd listen to it is to hear the side splitting, hippy singing some homage to BLM in the last 5 mins.

https://theintercept.com/podcasts/
“I've got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life, nonprofits, businesses, the private sector, universities to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme..." - Obama

adwinistrator

Re: Intercepted Podcast: President Trump’s Cabinet of Killers

Post by adwinistrator » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:20 pm

kybkh wrote:Really disappointed in the lack of depth in the discussion here and the political slant. Makes no real mention of the Flynn Vs CIA angle.
I have to agree. I feel the interviewee had some very strong reasons for his views, but was not really evaluating the nuance of the NSC, IC, and inter-agency power struggles. From his view, it's all the same people doing the same things for the same reasons, whereas there is important analysis to be done on the implications of how these functions of government operate.

Not a very good episode in the end, but I think Scahill's still feeling out the tone of the show. Hopefully he brings less snark and hyperbole to the next episodes, and get into the weeds a bit more.

TheReal_ND

Re: Intercepted Podcast: President Trump’s Cabinet of Killers

Post by TheReal_ND » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:31 pm