Wew Lads! JRE + AJ

TheReal_ND

Re: Wew Lads! JRE + AJ

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:16 pm

Okeefenokee wrote:Hey Nuke, is it okay for Mexican brick layers to get drunk as shit at ten in the morning, and then proceed to hurl bricks up three stories to the guy on the scaffolding who's laying them down as fast as the guy at the bottom can throw them up?

:lol: They were cutting the bricks with a machete.
I mean if you want shitty, cheap and fast ok. It's not like Houston doesn't have a brick laying union though.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:17 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Okeefenokee wrote:Hey Nuke, is it okay for Mexican brick layers to get drunk as shit at ten in the morning, and then proceed to hurl bricks up three stories to the guy on the scaffolding who's laying them down as fast as the guy at the bottom can throw them up?

:lol: They were cutting the bricks with a machete.
I mean if you want shitty, cheap and fast ok. It's not like Houston doesn't have a brick laying union though.
Do they have a roof tar layer union?
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:19 pm

Nah. Mexicans and squatamalens got that monopolized. The people hiring illegals need their shit pushed in or we can go without roofs until we get it sorted out.

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:24 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Nah. Mexicans and squatamalens got that monopolized. The people hiring illegals need their shit pushed in or we can go without roofs until we get it sorted out.
It was rhetorical, but the others know something new now.

Shittiest of shitty jobs.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:33 pm

Plenty of people waiting in line at the border for a job if we can't find enough people here, I say.

C-Mag

Post by C-Mag » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:12 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:He's not tied off. Even if he wasn't already violating OSHA regs with the ladder stunt. Ladders aren't made to take side loads either.

It's not a side load. It's maybe (at most) ten degrees off the angle at which it was designed to be used. The force vector from the stand side of the ladder is pretty much the same as it would be if used on a level ground as well. The only real safety issue is whether the main ladder leg is securely fixed to the ledge.

It's irrelevant.
OSHA standard 1926 requires ladders not me used outside of manufacturers design.
This is a step ladder, requiring all 4 legs set on a firm surface. Workers need fall protection during construction when working over 4 feet in ht, and over 6 ft for maintenance. In this case it would require a full fitted harness, the worker competent in the wear and use of fall equipment and appropriate lanyards. To include a fall arrest system attached to a 5000 pound rated anchor. Plus there must be a plan to rescue a worker that falls. Workers must be monitored when working at heights.

There's your nerd answer.
I'm a certified structure climber and trainer.

That being said, done that shit in my past. It works.
PLATA O PLOMO

Don't fear authority, Fear Obedience

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:33 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:
TheReal_ND wrote:He's not tied off. Even if he wasn't already violating OSHA regs with the ladder stunt. Ladders aren't made to take side loads either.

It's not a side load. It's maybe (at most) ten degrees off the angle at which it was designed to be used. The force vector from the stand side of the ladder is pretty much the same as it would be if used on a level ground as well. The only real safety issue is whether the main ladder leg is securely fixed to the ledge.

It's irrelevant.
OSHA standard 1926 requires ladders not me used outside of manufacturers design.
This is a step ladder, requiring all 4 legs set on a firm surface. Workers need fall protection during construction when working over 4 feet in ht, and over 6 ft for maintenance. In this case it would require a full fitted harness, the worker competent in the wear and use of fall equipment and appropriate lanyards. To include a fall arrest system attached to a 5000 pound rated anchor. Plus there must be a plan to rescue a worker that falls. Workers must be monitored when working at heights.

There's your nerd answer.
I'm a certified structure climber and trainer.

That being said, done that shit in my past. It works.
:lol: There goes most of the Floridian building industry.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0