HH 59 : The Destroyer of Worlds

Montegriffo

Re: HH 59 : The Destroyer of Worlds

Post by Montegriffo » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:21 pm

DrYouth wrote:Wow... I just realized that my brother was born on the first day of the Cuban Missile Crisis...

That explains a lot.

:shock:

The dude has always been trouble. :lol:
I was born on the day of the Cuban revolution (different year). Would be a great place to go to on my birthday.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

adwinistrator

Post by adwinistrator » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:43 pm

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:48 pm

Ah, the good ol' days, riverboat gambler cigarette smoking cowboys, and their atmospheric nuclear testing.

Now you can't even smoke on a patio, never mind pop a nuke in the great outdoors.
Nec Aspera Terrent

adwinistrator

Post by adwinistrator » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:53 pm

Smitty-48 wrote:Ah, the good ol' days, riverboat gambler cigarette smoking cowboys, and their atmospheric nuclear testing.

Now you can't even smoke on a patio, never mind pop a nuke in the great outdoors.
:dance:

Sit on the roof, grab the oil, and work on your nuclear tan!

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:56 pm

Fuckin' Test-Ban Treaty; ruined everything, now you just have Fukushima, all the radiation, but none of the fun.
Nec Aspera Terrent

Ex-California

Post by Ex-California » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:15 am

Smitty-48 wrote:Fuckin' Test-Ban Treaty; ruined everything, now you just have Fukushima, all the radiation, but none of the fun.
Goddamn I'd love to sit there and get all baked watching a nuclear shot

I really want to see one IRL; its just too bad if I do its going to be the end soon after
No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:52 am

Anyone remember this gem?

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Kazmyr

Post by Kazmyr » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:17 am

A little mood music :lol:

Also, I'd like to chime in that I LOVED this episode (just finished).
Martin Hash wrote:Liberty allows people to get their jollies any way they want. Just don't expect to masturbate with my lotion.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:37 am

Awesome episode!

Great details on the personalities of Truman (the haberdasher who stepped up), Eisenhauer (the bridge playing game theory general) and Kennedy (the pretty boy... who Kruschev thought he could play)...

Lots of great scenes like the one between Truman and the morally tortured Oppenheimer and between Lemay and Kennedy... The dynamic between Kruschev and Kennedy was epic.

This is what Carlin does best.

:goldstar x 4:

It does pose some meaningful questions about how the Russians may be viewing the current Presidency... :?:
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Smitty-48

Post by Smitty-48 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:58 am

DrYouth wrote:It does pose some meaningful questions about how the Russians may be viewing the current Presidency... :?:
They are as confounded as everyone else; they don't know what Trump is going to do, because even Trump doesn't know what Trump is going to do.
Nec Aspera Terrent