No Agenda

DrYouth

Re: No Agenda

Post by DrYouth » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:29 am

Still enjoying this podcast as well...

I find it an excellent defender of Trump's administration and sharp and entertaining critic of the liberal media and anti-Trump hysteria of all sorts.

This and the Fifth Column balance each other out well.

Also they put out a ton of material... a bit hard to keep up with, but deliver the latest up to date media analysis.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:14 am

If anyone wants to try out Mastodon, Adam has set up an instance for No Agenda.

http://noagendasocial.com/

I'm Hastur there as well. Haven't posted yet...
Mastodon is a free, open-source social network. A decentralized alternative to commercial platforms, it avoids the risks of a single company monopolizing your communication. Pick a server that you trust — whichever you choose, you can interact with everyone else. Anyone can run their own Mastodon instance and participate in the social network seamlessly.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:35 am

Hastur wrote:If anyone wants to try out Mastodon, Adam has set up an instance for No Agenda.

Mastodon is a free, open-source social network. A decentralized alternative to commercial platforms, it avoids the risks of a single company monopolizing your communication. Pick a server that you trust — whichever you choose, you can interact with everyone else. Anyone can run their own Mastodon instance and participate in the social network seamlessly.
Sounds good. I am Old_Blue_Light.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:56 pm

I really like their last episode, "We Kill"

A good review of the missile attack.

I was interested in Adam Curry's theory that it represents a change in geopolitics around a Russian vs Saudi Pipeline.

Did anyone here understand where he was going with that?
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:26 pm

Hastur wrote:If anyone wants to try out Mastodon, Adam has set up an instance for No Agenda.

OK... I've joined as DrYouth...
Are there threads?
Is everyone on the timeline part of the No Agenda crowd?... or are we supposed to join a subsection?
Has a real twitter feel to it....
I never really got into Twitter.

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:00 am

DrYouth wrote:

OK... I've joined as DrYouth...
Are there threads?
Is everyone on the timeline part of the No Agenda crowd?... or are we supposed to join a subsection?
Has a real twitter feel to it....
I never really got into Twitter.
The local timeline is the No Agenda one. The federated timeline is a wretched hive of scum and villainy, and I stay away from it.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:08 am

I continue to get a kick out of this show.
I guess the No Agenda folks recently started a social media experiment on Mastadon.
Adam Curry seems to be catching the Social Justice Warrior flu... he's positively on fire about the phenomenon.
It's pretty hilarious.

I feel like the Dan Carlin forum was ahead of the curve on isolating this trend.
I can't really get a feeling for Mastodon... never really got Twitter either.
This hashtag thing hasn't really clicked with me.

Anyone here got a sense of the dimensional combat going on over there?
Curry seems to be online a fair amount, Dvorak has made a few tours of the battlefield.
I feel like I'm missing out.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Mon May 29, 2017 2:59 pm

I'm getting a bit bored... although I'll probably keep listening for a while.

Mostly they have caught the anti-anti-Trump bug and spend most of their time ridiculing the anti-Trump media.

Which is a bit too easy.

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon May 29, 2017 3:37 pm

Anyone here got a sense of the dimensional combat going on over there?
It's massively black pilling right now. The war goes on but twitter is actively censoring dissenters to the point many people have conclude they are using device ID's instead of IP's. The people part of the #resistance are getting huge shares of the commonplace of ideals through algorithms. It's really quite fucked. What's worse is that the people pushing back against the narrative that actually have thousands of followers are scared to do it often time because they are tired of restarting from scratch every time they get trivially banned.

I dont like the platform but it is the front lines. They are rigging it though.

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Tue May 30, 2017 1:09 am

DrYouth wrote:I'm getting a bit bored... although I'll probably keep listening for a while.

Mostly they have caught the anti-anti-Trump bug and spend most of their time ridiculing the anti-Trump media.

Which is a bit too easy.
I agree that they are putting too much focus on Media vs Trump. I give them a pass though since I'm not American and I see their show as primarily directed towards the US nowadays. It is a lot more fun when they talk about other things. The latest coverage they did on the campus rape phenomenon made it worth listening to the whole show. Shortcut: https://youtu.be/pfC_GcQZbqk?t=1h23m18s

It was better for me when Curry lived in the EU. Now they are less knowledgeable about what is going on here and a lot more focused on US affairs.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck