No Agenda

DrYouth

No Agenda

Post by DrYouth » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:24 am

Thanks to Nuke for putting me on to this show.

These guys are funny and edgy and true to the name of the show... no discernible partisan hackery on display...

Just cutting through the bullshit... and calling out what needs to be called out.

Just listened to Ash for Cash - on the "Golden Showers" file... :shock:

putting out piles of content - unlike a certain podcast that will remain nameless.

Can't wait to listen to the latest episode - just out Sunday.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Speaker to Animals

Re: No Agenda

Post by Speaker to Animals » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:41 am

Somebody needs to cut out all the banter and self-promotion, and offer a streamlined version of the podcast episodes.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:44 am

They are a bit long...
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:05 am

I love No Agenda. I don't mind the length, either. I tolerate the self-promotion stuff, just because I know it's the price the listener pays for supporting their content.

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:53 pm

I've been promoting them forever. Been a listener since episode 1 and DSC before that. I might have skipped up to 10 episodes in total to keep current.

They're still getting better.

About the self promotion. They do that model in order to keep independent. It's the only way. They've lost most other gigs. I really can't stand Leo Laporte now by the way.

If you don't like the donation section just fast forward. The fact that they keep putting out 6+ hours of quality entertainment every week is just amazing.

I don't agree with them on everything, but that's not the point. It's a reality check.

An nescis, mi fili, quantilla prudentia mundus regatur? - Axel Oxenstierna

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Dand

Post by Dand » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:55 pm

I love the show too and thanks to Hastur and Xenophon, and the others that mentioned it on the DCF and introduced me to it. Just started listening this summer

The donation sections aren't always interesting and I don't really care about the knightings and birthdays but I think it's far better than having commercials and sometimes the hosts have good banter during these sections. They're easily skipped though and if you're really just interested in news then listening up until the first break would be a good approach. I think the second half of the show is equally good but it usually is not as focused as the beginning. The show has really been phenomenal in the leadup to the election and in the months since. I also listen to old episodes since I listen to so many podcasts and I like the old ones but Adam and John really seem to have stepped it up.

Obviously their predictions are wrong sometimes but there are awesome moments like Adam predicting the current pope weeks before the selection. They come up with new perspectives on things, like recently when JCD argued that of course the media was going to bash the Electoral College because if it weren't for the EC then every candidate would have to advertise nationwide. I've witnessed the difference between election season in a battleground state compared to a sure-thing state and that idea really clicked for me. Of course it's not the only factor but it's true that these networks would stand to gain yugely from a nationwide popular vote.

edit: woah, Hastur. You must have some impressive perspective on the show. Was it really like they say and it started with Adam talking about UFO/bigfoot stuff and JCD being a skeptic? I have heard JCD actively discourage listeners from going back and listening from episode 1 so I'm curious what the progression was like.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:38 pm

I'd rather have life three minutes of commercials than twenty minutes of that garbage.

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:33 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:I'd rather have life three minutes of commercials than twenty minutes of that garbage.
The problem is that they would be beholden to the advertisers. They couldn't do the kind of program they do.
Also Adam hates that part of the media industry. It is one of the corner stones of the show.

Nie lügen die Menschen so viel wie nach einer Jagd, während eines Krieges oder vor Wahlen. - Otto von Bismarck

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:17 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:I'd rather have life three minutes of commercials than twenty minutes of that garbage.
It's not for everyone. Like anything.

Hastur

Post by Hastur » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:57 am

Adam made a video showing how he works. The show is streamed live and produced on the spot. He has a chatroom for the live listeners as well. Here is a screen capture and studio camera showing his work area.

The dude has some skill.