Up and Vanished

heydaralon

Re: Up and Vanished

Post by heydaralon » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:23 am

Alexander PhiAlipson wrote:
heydaralon wrote:The original night stalker was like the michael jordan of rapists. I want them to catch that fucker because I have read all these wild theories about who he is and he almost doesn't seem like a real person. If they do catch him though, it will be a disappointment. These people are rarely criminal masterminds. They are usually mediocre pathetic individuals.
The two make a perfect juxtaposition: Ramirez looks like the nightmarish devil-worshipping serial killer that he really was, while the Original Night Stalker probably is an evil genius who can pass as a regular dude--maybe married with kids, good job, no criminal history--who's scarier?

I only became interested in serial killers a few years ago when the police by me accidentally discovered one (at least) in our midst--the "Long Island Serial Killer;" and so far, they've got next to nothing on him from what I can learn. I've always been a sucker for a mystery.
Have you read the quester files on the ONS/EAR? They have compiled a lot of info on the guy, including the outfits he wore during the attacks. Its quite a project. Truly terrifying stuff. Give it a read if you have some time to burn.

http://www.thequesterfiles.com/html/the ... _the_.html
Shikata ga nai

Penner

Post by Penner » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:42 pm

Alexander PhiAlipson wrote:
heydaralon wrote:The original night stalker was like the michael jordan of rapists. I want them to catch that fucker because I have read all these wild theories about who he is and he almost doesn't seem like a real person. If they do catch him though, it will be a disappointment. These people are rarely criminal masterminds. They are usually mediocre pathetic individuals.
The two make a perfect juxtaposition: Ramirez looks like the nightmarish devil-worshipping serial killer that he really was, while the Original Night Stalker probably is an evil genius who can pass as a regular dude--maybe married with kids, good job, no criminal history--who's scarier?

I only became interested in serial killers a few years ago when the police by me accidentally discovered one (at least) in our midst--the "Long Island Serial Killer;" and so far, they've got next to nothing on him from what I can learn. I've always been a sucker for a mystery.

Dude that Long Island Serial Killer was never caught and they think that he a) killed a toddler and b) is still active. Scary as fuck to think that this dude and the first Night Stalker is still out there, somewhere.

Penner

Post by Penner » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:47 pm

So, this reminds me of another serial killer that I heard from the My Favorite Murder podcasters. In an interview, they talked about a serial killer from Alaska (sorry I forgot his name but I will look it when I have the chance too) that worked as a contracted and traveled around the country. His MO was described that he would create these "kill kits" where he would hide them in the woods, near the spot where he would wait for his victims and then once he kidnaps them he would take out the kill kits and get the job done. He then would hide the body and the destroy the kill kits so he won't be caught having them in his possession if the police did stop him. Once the FBI found him he basically committed suicide so he won't go to prison.

Edit:

I just found the name of that serial killer they were talking about. His name was Israel Keyes:
On March 16, 2012, Israel Keyes was arrested in Lufkin, Texas after he used a debit card that belonged to an 18-year-old Alaska woman that he killed and dismembered in February. During the following months, while awaiting trial for the murder of Samantha Koenig, Keyes confessed to seven other murders during more than 40 hours of interviews with the FBI.

Investigators believe there are at least three more victims and possibly much more.
It goes on:
SETS UP BASE IN ALASKA
By 2007, Keyes established Keyes Construction in Alaska and began working as a construction contractor. It was from his base in Alaska that Keyes ventured out into almost every region of the United States to plan and commit his murders. He traveled many times since 2004, looking for victims and setting up buried caches of money, weapons, and tools needed to kill and dispose of the bodies.

His trips, he told the FBI, were not financed with money from his construction business, but from money he got from robbing banks. Investigators are trying to determine how many bank robberies that he may have been responsible for during his many trips across the country.

It is also unknown at what point Keyes escalated to committing random murders. Investigators suspect it began 11 years before his arrest, shortly after he left the military.

MODUS OPERANDI
According to Keyes, his usual routine would be to fly to some area of the country, rent a vehicle and then drive sometimes hundreds of miles to find victims. He would set up and bury murder kits somewhere in the targeted area - stashing items like shovels, plastic bags, money, weapons, ammunition and bottles of Drano, to help dispose of the bodies.

His murders kits have been found in Alaska and New York, but he admitted to having others in Washington, Wyoming, Texas and possibly Arizona.

He would look for victims in remote areas like parks, campgrounds, walking trials, or boating areas. If he was targeting a home he looked for a house with an attached garage, no car in the driveway, no children or dogs, he told investigators.

Finally, after committing the murder, he would leave the geographic area immediately.
https://www.thoughtco.com/profile-of-se ... yes-973103

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:10 pm

Shikata ga nai

Alexander PhiAlipson

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:47 pm

It's anyone's guess how many victims Israel Keyes had.
"She had yellow hair and she walked funny and she made a noise like... O my God, please don't kill me! "

Xenophon

Post by Xenophon » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:09 am

Speaker to Animals wrote:Ever listen to that missing 411 stuff about our national parks?
Is there any of this in podcast form?

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:19 am

Xenophon wrote:
Speaker to Animals wrote:Ever listen to that missing 411 stuff about our national parks?
Is there any of this in podcast form?

Yeah, he is pretty big in the paranormal podcast world. Just search for David Paulides in your podcast app search function.

There's a ton of interviews with him on youtube uploads of various podcasts as well.

Penner

Post by Penner » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:09 pm

Alexander PhiAlipson wrote:It's anyone's guess how many victims Israel Keyes had.

I think officially it is at 11 murders, but the guy claims that the had broken into many as 30-40 homes to steal stuff to help fund his murder spree. Here is something more about it:
Before he committed suicide while in police custody last December, Keyes had admitted to killing Koenig and seven other people across the country, was suspected in three other murders, and had given the authorities a grim glimpse into his working method. Keyes would allegedly fly to one city, then rent a car and drive to another. Once he arrived at his destination, he would choose a random victim in a remote location, murder the person, and leave—sometimes, the FBI believes, accompanied by his victim’s corpse, which he would bury in another state. He stashed “crime caches” across the country—cash, weapons, and body-disposal tools. He only killed strangers. He did everything possible to avoid detection, and, indeed, would never have been suspected in many of these murders if he hadn’t implicated himself. (Yes, it is very, very weird that this extremely careful man was caught after deciding to use Koenig's debit card, an uncharacteristically sloppy decision.)
http://www.slate.com/blogs/crime/2013/0 ... times.html

And here is a link to a timeline that the FBI created.

https://www.adn.com/sites/default/files ... elease.pdf

The fact is the FBI doesn't know a lot about what this guy did. They think that he killed way more people but they are having a hard time a) finding them and b) linking them to Keyes. The one thing that they were able to catch him was because he screwed up and used a debit card of one of his victims, at an ATM, in Texas.

Alexander PhiAlipson

Post by Alexander PhiAlipson » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:05 pm

Penner wrote:The fact is the FBI doesn't know a lot about what this guy did. They think that he killed way more people but they are having a hard time a) finding them and b) linking them to Keyes. The one thing that they were able to catch him was because he screwed up and used a debit card of one of his victims, at an ATM, in Texas.
Yeah, I've watched a lot of his confession on film. He hid much more than he revealed--I believe--though he would have told them much more, if they'd agreed to fast-track him for execution; they wouldn't play along, so he ended the game by killing himself. He travelled extensively committing crimes nationwide but no one had a clue until that last victim--the girl in the Alaskan coffee shop--even then, they'd never have found the body if he hadn't told them precisely where to look. Super creepy, super smart, completely soulless, he was one of those guys who could somehow pass himself off as a regular nice guy.
"She had yellow hair and she walked funny and she made a noise like... O my God, please don't kill me! "