Decline of the West #6 - "WTF is the Alt Right" with Greg Johnson

StCapps

Re: Decline of the West #6 - "WTF is the Alt Right" with Greg Johnson

Post by StCapps » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:21 am

TheReal_ND wrote:Well that's kind of a different argument I've been mulling over in my head; what makes Western Europeans (sometimes) more libertarian minded and why doesn't any other race ever share libertarian views? I'm left with the answer that libertarianism is implicitly white but I can't really guess why exactly. I'm positive it's partially genetic though.
Genetics do play a role in this but why do you assume race is more so the answer than culture? Plenty of aspects of western civilization seem to make it more likely for people who live in these civilizations to have stronger libertarian leanings than the people of other civilizations tend to have. White people who live in non-western civilizations are less often libertarian than non-white people who live in western civilizations, for example.
Last edited by StCapps on Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
*yip*

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:22 am

Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:I think that posits a far too simple relationship between particular genes and behavior. You might get odd dynastic physical traits, like the horse-faced Plantagenet line, but what one is trained to do through nurture probably doesn't correlate very strongly with the genetic changes sexual selection effects.
It correlates fine via civilizational standards imo. There's only so many times you can act like your predecessors did before you get locked up and lose your mating privs.

Hanarchy Montanarchy

Post by Hanarchy Montanarchy » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:38 am

TheReal_ND wrote:
Hanarchy Montanarchy wrote:I think that posits a far too simple relationship between particular genes and behavior. You might get odd dynastic physical traits, like the horse-faced Plantagenet line, but what one is trained to do through nurture probably doesn't correlate very strongly with the genetic changes sexual selection effects.
It correlates fine via civilizational standards imo. There's only so many times you can act like your predecessors did before you get locked up and lose your mating privs.
That assumes crime is caused by something in the genes. Again, far too simple a relationship between behavior and genetics.

I am also not sure that is how gene pools work. Even if we assume there is some gene which somehow raises the odds someone will commit a crime (a very unsafe assumption), not everyone who carries it is going to act out, and the genetic variation that caused it will survive, and potentially thrive if that gene also contributes in some other way to reproductive fitness.

And as for whites loving liberty because of some gene... that is just absurd. A very cursory look at various white civilizations will reveal plenty of anti-liberty behavior. There are just too many counter examples to make that case.

Like Hash said, liberty loving is largely an American phenomenon, and America is one of the least genetically homogeneous places around.
HAIL!

Her needs America so they won't just take his shit away like in some pussy non gun totting countries can happen.
-Hwen

StCapps

Post by StCapps » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:48 am

Liberty loving has more to do with culture than genetics. Nukedog is putting the cart before the horse.
*yip*