The Martyrmade Podcast #6 FALITNJ - Never again

adwinistrator

Re: The Martyrmade Podcast #6 FALITNJ - Never again

Post by adwinistrator » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:23 am

I have been enjoying the MM podcasts, and am glad Darrell's back with another.

I found that he's done a great job at cutting through the piles of propaganda in order to lay out a very clear narrative of the who's and how's of the formation of Israel. He's not claiming to be un-biased, but he certainly does not cover up any of the reprehensible actions taken by the early Zionists in their quest for a country of their own.

It always angers me any time there's any discussion about Israel how fervently some people will deny the history of what actually happened, from conflicting ideologies. One group will argue how the Jews were just sent to Palestine, nothing is their fault, they've done nothing bad, and they just keep getting bullied from Arabs. Another group will argue that the Jews have been controlling the world like a puppet master, they're terrible, and are horrible blood-thirsty imperialists, who have been taking advantage of everyone, everywhere, forever.

Darrell's podcast is the first time I've heard someone lay out the whole story, the immense suffering of a displaced and persecuted people living through a time of revolution, using their allies before the end of imperial/colonialism, acknowledging the goals the Zionists had, the covert and espionage tactics used, the revolutionary terrorist/freedom fighter rebellions, and the rationale behind all of it. It's not a story that can be judged with idealistic ethics, determining right, wrong, and what is just, is not as simple as most make it out to be. With the context of the world at that time, and the history of the people who led these movements, it's a full picture that doesn't tell you who's right and wrong, but it does help you understand why and how.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:36 pm

Well put Adwin...

Cooper shines light on the whole shooting match...

Equal light on the world of the Jews and that of the Arabs.

The light is blinding at times, showing us more than we may want to see... of either side or of both.
But Cooper is evenhanded and unrelenting.

This is an epic masterpiece.

This guy must go full time podcaster!
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Okeefenokee

Post by Okeefenokee » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:23 pm

I'ma put dangerous history aside for a while and check out this guy.
GrumpyCatFace wrote:Dumb slut partied too hard and woke up in a weird house. Ran out the door, weeping for her failed life choices, concerned townsfolk notes her appearance and alerted the fuzz.

viewtopic.php?p=60751#p60751

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:30 pm

6 episodes running from 2.5 - 5.5+ hours and one "shoptalk" (1.75 hr) episode...

Worth every minute of your time.
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:09 am

4 hours in and Cooper is devastating in his unveiling of this difficult to look at history.

Cooper narrates a compelling tale of the audacious Zionists beating back the British after the British refuse to increase immigration numbers after WW2 despite the holocaust. The plucky Zionists stand up to the British tactics of intimidation such as flogging captured fighters and ultimately send the mighty British off with their tail between their legs.

Next he unveils the Zionist tactics used to bribe and bully nations in the newly fledged United Nations. The UN vote to create a divided Palestine is a breathtaking nail biter of a drama.

Finally and most shocking is the brutal "War of Independence". Cooper narrates in a gripping fashion Weizmann's stand off against Ben-Gurion in the run up to this offensive. The actual brutality of this conflict is once again spelled out unblinkingly. The highlight so far is the almost unbelievable revelation of Zionists poisoning Arab wells with typhoid and dysentery, and Cooper juxtaposing these presumably confirmed events disturbingly with the accusations of blood libel Jews faced in medieval Europe!

Cooper is a bold faced and courageous teller of stories most would shy away from. I can't imagine the reaction he must face exposing this ongoing hot topic.

Still spellbound... one hour to go!

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:12 pm

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:14 pm

DrYouth wrote: Cooper is a bold faced and courageous teller of stories most would shy away from. I can't imagine the reaction he must face exposing this ongoing hot topic.

Still spellbound... one hour to go!
Unflinching and Unapologetic. Darryl has managed to take the Hardcore History model to another level. I can't wait to see what subject he tackles next.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:38 pm

Holy crap... Just finished listening to this.

:shock:

I will never think of Israel and Palestine in the same way again.

History is some crazy shit.

But the world makes a whole lot more sense now... crazy, crazy sense.