Joe Rogan (JRE)

TheReal_ND

Re: Joe Rogan (JRE)

Post by TheReal_ND » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:08 pm

No one is being retrained in anything. I have to take a 3.2k loan and pay the state around 800 bucks on top to get my class A. If you seriously believe this country is in the business of "retraining" anyone you haven't been paying attention. Nothing is free.

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:11 pm

A group of automated trucks could easily just group up into a tight convoy on the road. They all have perfect information for what is ahead of them. They could even network with another truck about a quarter mile ahead of the convoy.

Feed into that the kind of real time traffic data that Google collects because we all have smartphones now and you could see huge reductions in traffic congestion.

Right now, Google is probably the biggest force in easing traffic congestion in the United States. Because so many people use Google maps to keep track of traffic, and get alternative routes, Google not only knows where traffic gets backed up in real time, they instantly divert drivers using their navigation service to faster routes. If we built that shit into the cars, you'd already basically be like an autopilot, because you'd be following the directions that most efficiently gets you to your destination anyway, and it would all be automated.

Add trucks into that system so that we can automatically speed up and slow down convoys to avoid bottlenecks, and keep commuters away from the convoy who are likely to need to merge into that lane.

In AI, we call this swarm intelligence. A group of autonomous agents can solve some pretty complex problems as a collection that they would need many more resources to solve as individual agents operating independently.
Last edited by Speaker to Animals on Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fife

Post by Fife » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:11 pm

C-Mag wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:01 pm
Fife wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:49 pm
I've been involved in a lot of litigation involving trucking companies over the years. As a class, those guys are mostly as crooked as a barrel of snakes.
:shock:
BJ and the Bear
Sonny Pruitt
Cletus Snow
Martin 'Rubber Duck' Penwald
:snooty:
I miss the real truck drivers of my childhood.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:15 pm

GloryofGreece wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:04 pm
What happens to the 4 million workers in the midterm? UBI? Government reeducation programs...doesn't work...so what exactly?
Take 4 million Low-skilled American workers, former truck drivers - deport 13 million low skill non-Americans squatting our country, give the jobs previously performed by the 13 million to the 4 million, plus hire 9 million more Americans.

That work for you?
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:16 pm

Speaker to Animals wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:01 pm
You realize accidents involving negligent semi trucks is on the rise again, right?

I mean.. even then.. it's on the rise from the last peak in 2015, but peak was because the democrats in several states were selling commercial driver's licenses in corruption schemes.

I remember in the early 2000s the Illinois Sec. of State was caught doing that after the second or third fatality from one of his negligent drivers hit the news. It was a minivan full of a large family. They all died.

So if you remove the fatalities from the corruption schemes of the late-90s and early-00s, I am pretty sure you will see a steady rise of negligence.

They are driving a vehicle that is 80 feet long and often loaded down with up to 80,000 lbs of cargo. The drivers are often barely educated, with a rubber-stamped government school high school diploma and some crooked driving school certificate. They are often some of the most reckless drivers on the road. They are often overworked, with insufficient sleep. There are drug and alcohol problems. Crime problems.

Nobody thinks about this shit. That entire industry is absolutely ripe for automation and it should be automated.
I hate truck drivers passionately. They should stay in the right lane where they belong, but the faggots flock to the middle and passing lanes. Fuck them. That being said, how do you think things would play out if we automated this industry over the next 6 months? You would either see hundreds of thousands of low skilled workers going on disability or welfare, putting even more strain on our Marxist programs and extracting more money from the overburdened taxpayer, OR you'd see them migrating into other low skilled fields, driving the wages down and lowering the value of workers in those areas. Either way, we are fucked. This is why automation terrifies me. We might sort this out as a society, but the strawman that all of labor will be automated is a canard. Even if 20% of it gets automated in the next decade or two, we will have massive fucking problems and disruptions to the labor market, to say nothing of the millions of illiterate welfare grubbing wage lowering retards we have let in from South of the Rio Grande. Maybe in 50 to 100 years our society will be fine after automation, but unfortunately I won't be alive then. Libertarians and those sorts say that we will be fine. I don't know. Neither do they, but I hope they are right...
Shikata ga nai

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:18 pm

DBTrek wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:15 pm
GloryofGreece wrote:
What happens to the 4 million workers in the midterm? UBI? Government reeducation programs...doesn't work...so what exactly?
Take 4 million Low-skilled American workers, former truck drivers - deport 13 million low skill non-Americans squatting our country, give the jobs previously performed by the 13 million to the 4 million, plus hire 9 million more Americans.

That work for you?
Sounds workable...Now do you have the will and the ability to nationalize the policing of cities and towns to forceably organize, label, investigate, move, and deport and transport those millions?

Cool.
The good, the true, & the beautiful

Speaker to Animals

Post by Speaker to Animals » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:18 pm

For instance, if somebody is speeding a little bit, and they could potentially get blocked by a truck convoy, the navigation system could announce a warning that tells them that at present speed they will be unable to merge to the right to reach their exit due to truck convoy. Slow down.

Right now, assuming you have a bunch of truckers deciding to drive like sane human beings in the kinds of convoys we saw when we were kids (millennials probably have no idea what I am referring to here, which tells the tale of where that profession has fallen), a person who needs to merge over to the right could cause more congestion. But if they are warned ahead of time, and the automated trucks are not going to open for them, then congestion is avoided.

Worst case, Google's servers see that this guy is on a certain itinerary and he will need to merge to the right to get to an exit, and because of relative speeds that will happen when a truck convoy is right there. It sends a message to the automated systems forming that convoy what is happening and they can divide the convoy in two, with the latter half slowing down a bit such that they create an opening right near that exit when the car is about to reach the exit, and then they come back together.

What I am saying here is that it's actually possible to build automated systems that efficiently organize trucks so that those fuckers flow around non-commercial traffic like water. As long as you put your destination into some kind of system, everything can figure out what you are doing and adapt well before you reach the point of having to make decisions for yourself.

DBTrek

Post by DBTrek » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:22 pm

GloryofGreece wrote:
Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:18 pm
DBTrek wrote:
GloryofGreece wrote:

That work for you?
Sounds workable...Now do you have the will and the ability to nationalize the policing of cities and towns to forceably organize, label, investigate, move, and deport and transport those millions?

Cool.
No I don’t, I just have to audit the businesses that mass hire illegals and bring the hammer down on violators. When the jobs vanish, so will the illegals. If not, we’ll audit the welfare systems and demand to see Social Security cards before benefits are awarded.

No massive policing necessary. Proper incentivization is all that is required.
/shrug
Last edited by DBTrek on Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Hey varmints, don't mess with a guy that's riding a buffalo"

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:22 pm

DBTrek wrote:
GloryofGreece wrote:

That work for you?
In theory that could work. In practice, half the country wants to let in the whole third world and doesn't see why this is a problem. Our fucking govt is shut down over this right now, which should give you an idea of what our political climate is like. I don't think we can stop the automation, and a case can be made that we shouldn't try. But someone is lying here when they act like automating jobs can happen alongside letting in millions of lowskilled laborers and there not being a problem. You have said that you are not worried about automation. If you acknowledge that at the moment it is hard to even prevent flagrant disregard of our border sovereignty from these migrant caravans, then you can see why some folks are worried. The unemployed folks as a result of these corporate and govt policies will probably vote for more govt programs as well which is also concerning. I have no good answers or solutions beyond enforcing our borders and deporting unwanted foreigners. But since that doesn't appear to be happening, then what?
Shikata ga nai

Fife

Post by Fife » Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:24 pm

The day's coming when we are going to wish we had trucks bringing us shit.