Joe Rogan (JRE)

pineapplemike

Re: Joe Rogan (JRE)

Post by pineapplemike » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:03 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:46 pm
Because you aren't following me. Also, because JR has been a faggot lately. I used to listen to him to but it's not entertaining anymore. I get that his guests are entertaining to you but they ate "safe" guests and even still JR has become increasingly hostile towards anyone that may have not voted for Hilary. Hes washed up. I guess it just irks me that I see a very bright guy like yourself swallow Jordan Peterson loads hoisted by JR and never give any if my ideas the time of day. Frankly, I feel sulted
I don't disagree with the JR sentiment, I think he's become a caricature of himself lately and certainly turned away from many of the libertarian principles he claims to still have, even Larry Sharpe just called him out as a democrat (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSmggQZno6w&t=44m). I still dig him, his guest list has been great as of late and I dig his MMA shows but I got pretty tired of him awhile ago. Same with Peterson, I got really into him for a few months, heard what he had to say, took what I could get, and once he started repeating himself and getting tropey I faded off into something else. I was listening to Scott Adams' daily periscope pretty religiously for a few weeks until I figured him out, now he's shilling for his app, arguing with his live commenters and explaining his 48-hour rule yet again, as if we didn't hear him the last several times.

Yeah man idk the white identity politics stuff doesn't interest me much but I respect the amount of work that you put into those threads that I scroll through and don't reply to. I'll give you more time of day in da future

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:21 pm

I surf around: Tucker, Turley, Adams, Timcast, Hannity, Styx (guy’s a star), Shapiro, Molyneux, Money GPS. No JR or JP.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:39 pm

No lefties? I enjoy listening to Sam Harris even if he's a raging anti-Trumper. I listen to Intercepted with Jeremy Scahill too, mostly because he was one of the few democratic critics of Obama during his term and he's still very anti-war, but unfortunately he's become a raging anti-Trumper aswell. Frankly looking for more lefties to listen to, hopefully from some that aren't raging anti-Trumpers. Not that being anti-Trump is bad, but I like a little more insight than he's a racist xenophobic misogynistic etc etc

Molyneux I find hard to listen to due to how pompous he is, and I don't have the dedication to skip Shapiro's ad shilling anymore. I like his Sunday show if the guest is worthwhile but I've largely tuned out of his daily podcasts.

I really enjoy the Fifth Column podcast too, props again to whoever recommended that, and Dave Smith's libertarian podcast. Michael Malice has had some good ones aswell.

Bill Burr has the only podcast that I listen to every episode.

Wish Dan Carlin was still relevant.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:53 pm

Styx, Adams & Tim are all Liberals. I don’t really care what The Left has to say except to know what’s incoming.

p.s. Rarely do I listen to more than a few minutes of each.

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:54 pm

love me some Styx, seen em twice in concert

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:09 pm

This guy's a hoot. Smart too. (Styxhexenhammer666)

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:12 am

What a fucking weirdo that dude is. Lots of odd symbolism and why the shirtless leather jacket, really? He's super smart though... :whistle:
The good, the true, & the beautiful

GloryofGreece

Post by GloryofGreece » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:43 am

Man does his show suck when its mostly comedians, internet personalities, and dietitians. I like a good 20-40% of the episodes, but the past several years have been a bit too much exposure and repetitiveness. Not many new guests or new ideas.

I wonder when he'll quit the UFC gig and when he's famous downloads/viewership will decline substantially ?
The good, the true, & the beautiful

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:01 am

GloryofGreece wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:43 am
Man does his show suck when its mostly comedians, internet personalities, and dietitians. I like a good 20-40% of the episodes, but the past several years have been a bit too much exposure and repetitiveness. Not many new guests or new ideas.

I wonder when he'll quit the UFC gig and when he's famous downloads/viewership will decline substantially ?
Yeah, but there's nobody better when he gets scientists/hunters/authors on there.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

heydaralon

Post by heydaralon » Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:52 am

GloryofGreece wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:43 am

The 20% good ones are good in spite of Rogan, not because of him (personally I think way less than 5% of Rogan's shows are watchable). The Sebastian Junger and Chuck Palahniuk ones were pretty good. The Jesse Ventura one is insanely bad lol. I don't know who came off like the bigger douche in that episode.
Shikata ga nai