Joe Rogan (JRE)

TheReal_ND

Re: Joe Rogan (JRE)

Post by TheReal_ND » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:24 pm

Meta is an overall theme. Discuss things in a board related to politics and if you have a meta board it's going to pertain to the board where you are discussing politics. Most of us on boards are meta humans to some degree because over time behind the safety of an avatar we become characterized intentionally or not and our characters relate to specific subjects being discussed in a meta sense more often than not.

Or not and I could be talking out my ass.

Montegriffo

Post by Montegriffo » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:45 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Meta is an overall theme. Discuss things in a board related to politics and if you have a meta board it's going to pertain to the board where you are discussing politics. Most of us on boards are meta humans to some degree because over time behind the safety of an avatar we become characterized intentionally or not and our characters relate to specific subjects being discussed in a meta sense more often than not.

Or not and I could be talking out my ass.
This was your 1000th post Nuke, congratulations. Should have been a Pepe meme though.
Edit, my mistake this was 999. 1000th is in psych ward and is a Pepe :lol:
Last edited by Montegriffo on Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
For legal reasons, we are not threatening to destroy U.S. government property with our glorious medieval siege engine. But if we wanted to, we could. But we won’t. But we could.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:46 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:Meta is an overall theme. Discuss things in a board related to politics and if you have a meta board it's going to pertain to the board where you are discussing politics. Most of us on boards are meta humans to some degree because over time behind the safety of an avatar we become characterized intentionally or not and our characters relate to specific subjects being discussed in a meta sense more often than not.
That's why at first I thought Rogan was a Meta because the persona he projects online, combined with his amazing string of successes in life, is very Meta-like. But after listening to many of his podcasts, it became clear that he was more well-versed in the things he was good at than Meta. Scott Adams is another candidate but after listening to him many times, he's only close.

p.s. Trump is the fuckin' president, against all odds. That combined with his spectacular run in the rest of his life, plus the ease he has controlling a conversation, make him a Meta.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:24 am

You're using "Meta-human" to mean "lucky"?
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Penner

Post by Penner » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:35 am

Martin Hash wrote:
Penner wrote:This seems kind of stupid to ask it here, but do you read Marvel and DC or only one type of comic? As an adult there are only a few that I bother to follow, now but I did enjoy things like the Punisher and The X-Men.
I don't read anymore but I enjoy the physical reminder of my own collection of a very formative part of my past. I read everything & anything.

"Jack Kirby's early '70s 'New Gods' were my role models" - me
Interesting. Growing up I knew a kid whose father owned and ran local comic books shop in the 1990s (which ended up closing). Also, I have memories of going over comic books with my older sister (and having her point out which ones were the "cool" ones and which ones weren't the "cool" ones to me), and also those old Marvel collector cards, long before I met that kid whose father ran the comic book shop.

Today, I do know a former owner of a failed comic book shop who was not the father of the comic book owner that I knew as a kid. Also, I have been starting to read the Captain America: Steve Rogers series and Gwenpool- I think that both are pretty decent. Although there is no way I am going to read any of the Civil War II stuff, only the stuff that crosses over into the comics that I do read, since I really do think that it's a money grab and a wash, rinse, and repeat with the older much better Civil War.

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:17 pm

Pretty damn good podcast

Especially the second half

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:41 pm

Lawrence Krauss is a theoretical physicist, cosmologist, best-selling author, producer, actor, and science and public policy advocate. His latest book The Greatest Story Ever Told So-Far
Krauss describes himself as an antitheist[30] and takes part in public debates on religion. Krauss is featured in the 2013 documentary The Unbelievers, in which he and Richard Dawkins travel across the globe speaking publicly about the importance of science and reason as opposed to religion and superstition.[31] He has participated in many debates with religious apologists, including William Lane Craig.[32]
Krauss was born in New York City, but spent his childhood in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. He was raised in a Jewish household.[5]

pineapplemike

Post by pineapplemike » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:25 pm

You're right I should have offered a short summary of him, it was pretty cool when he was talking about dark matter and galaxies and universe stuff. Stars died for our sins. :confusion-seeingstars:

TheReal_ND

Post by TheReal_ND » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:31 pm

pineapplemike wrote:You're right I should have offered a short summary of him, it was pretty cool when he was talking about dark matter and galaxies and universe stuff. Stars died for our sins. :confusion-seeingstars:
I'm still of the belief that dark matter is a mathematical shortcut until proven wrong. So basically it doesn't exist because it's never going to be proved wrong. Simply the next frontier in science fiction or something.

Also, going to give this guy a listen because I like sci-fi.

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:41 pm

TheReal_ND wrote:
pineapplemike wrote:You're right I should have offered a short summary of him, it was pretty cool when he was talking about dark matter and galaxies and universe stuff. Stars died for our sins. :confusion-seeingstars:
I'm still of the belief that dark matter is a mathematical shortcut until proven wrong. So basically it doesn't exist because it's never going to be proved wrong. Simply the next frontier in science fiction or something.

Also, going to give this guy a listen because I like sci-fi.
Agree, but I have to be open to the idea.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0