Joe Rogan (JRE)

Martin Hash

Joe Rogan (JRE)

Post by Martin Hash » Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:30 pm

I'd tried to listen to JRE several times in the past but 3+ hour podcasts that meander all over the place, frequently with poor guests, or everyone is too high to be interesting, are a drag. However, after listening to #877, and a couple others listed in the "Podcasts" thread, I have re-evaluated. Selected JRE at 2x speed with skip over the commercials are quite good, some even excellent. And his Netflix Standups are the bomb.

p.s. At first I thought Rogan might be a meta, but no. And I thought some of his guests might be metas, but no. Close though.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

pineapplemike

Re: Joe Rogan (JRE)

Post by pineapplemike » Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:39 pm

A few people on the DCF gave me grief when I first joined (DB! where you be?) for admitting I hopped on the DC train after watching his appearances on Joe Rogan. I believe he said that the collective intelligence of the forum would drop from the Joe Brogan crowd (was he right? ...)

Happy that the JRE has been getting a lot of love lately :goteam:

Haumana

Post by Haumana » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:45 pm

Writing off Joe Rogan as just a meathead is to miss the mark. Have you ever done a sensory deprivation tank, Hash?

The guy was disgusting with factory farms and made a vow to provide all his family's meat through his own control and did it.
Joe Rogan: Dear folks mad at me for hunting: I only hunt things I eat and my goal is to personally, ethically harvest all the meat I eat at home…I know that some people have a problem with that, but if you wear leather and eat meat, hating hunters for getting their own food is insanely hypocritical and just another sign of the convenient detachment people have regarding the food they consume. Make no mistake about it; if you eat meat you are killing as well…Life eats life. My goal with pursuing hunting is to get more connected with that.

Read more: http://www.petersenshunting.com/hunting ... z4Ss3Vg71y
http://www.petersenshunting.com/hunting ... joe-rogan/

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:56 am

pineapplemike wrote:A few people on the DCF gave me grief when I first joined (DB! where you be?) for admitting I hopped on the DC train after watching his appearances on Joe Rogan. I believe he said that the collective intelligence of the forum would drop from the Joe Brogan crowd (was he right? ...)

Happy that the JRE has been getting a lot of love lately :goteam:
I bet place would feel the same anyways.

Martin Hash

Post by Martin Hash » Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:10 am

JRE #847 is with Dan Carlin. I recommend it, however, though the first half is poor, Dan pulls it out in the second.

p.s. Listen at 2x speed.
p.p.s. My podcasts, "PRay TeLL, Dr. Hash," are intended to be listened to at 2x speed.
Shamedia, Shamdemic, Shamucation, Shamlection, Shamconomy & Shamate Change

Penner

Post by Penner » Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:08 pm

I tried to join the Joe Rogan forums but they won't approve me. WTF, Joe?

SuburbanFarmer

Post by SuburbanFarmer » Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:44 pm

Penner wrote:I tried to join the Joe Rogan forums but they won't approve me. WTF, Joe?
Same. I don't think their system is working.
SJWs are a natural consequence of corporatism.

Formerly GrumpyCatFace

https://youtu.be/CYbT8-rSqo0

Hwen Hoshino

Post by Hwen Hoshino » Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:27 am

GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Penner wrote:I tried to join the Joe Rogan forums but they won't approve me. WTF, Joe?
Same happened to me at the Dan Carlin Forum the first time.

DrYouth

Post by DrYouth » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:28 am

Martin Hash wrote: p.s. At first I thought Rogan might be a meta, but no. And I thought some of his guests might be metas, but no. Close though.
What's a meta?
Deep down tho, I still thirst to kill you and eat you. Ultra Chimp can't help it.. - Smitty

Penner

Post by Penner » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:47 am

Hwen Hoshino wrote:
GrumpyCatFace wrote:
Same happened to me at the Dan Carlin Forum the first time.
Wait were you rejected or did Dan install a manual approval button too?